1st Floor Rooms @ OKW..noisy??

pbharris4

DIS Veteran
If you are on the 1st floor did you ever have a problem with hearing the people above you? Of course, there may be something or some little noise, but we never noticed anything when we stayed at BWV, BCV or SSR (well, at SSR we were in the Paddick right when they opened the 1st building so not many people were there). We have always been on the 1st floor. How sound proof is OKW? I have already made reservations for BCV and I'll be calling soon for OKW. I lived in an apartment once and the guy above us would let his kids bounce basketballs and jump off the beds, etc. and we could hear everything he said and did :blush: Should I ask for an upper floor? TIA

If you are below a GV, it could be noisy because the GV has wood floors, not carpet, in the dinin area. We've rarely had that problem, though. MOst of the noise we've experienced has been from the connecting unit (1 bedroom or studio)...usually putting a pillow or towel between the two connecting doors will dampen the sound. It really depends on your neighbors.

Yes, the times we have had first floor units under GVs, it has been noisey because of the hardwood floors above you. We once had kids who insisted on bouncing super balls above us. A well placed broom handle to the ceiling took care of it though. So many times, folks don't realize how noisey they are being, because they are used to living in single family homes.

I have not noticed noise from above. Now outside is more of an issue, but that's true at ALL Disney hotels. People seem to think that I don't mind the brat running up and down the area SCREAMING!!!

I've stayed on the first floor at OKW in a 1 bedroom several times and never had a noise problem from above. The bigger problem was the grass cutting on the golf course very early in the morning(we stay there in May).

When we were in our 1 bdrm on the 1st floorwe never heard the people above us - we knew there were people staying there - saw them going up a few times, but never heard a single footstep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter