1st day check in

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
We are staying at Courtyard the night we arrive and plan to take a taxi to the Toy Story hotel at 6 am to drop off the luggage and check in.

Can we then use the hotel entrance to the park and get the extra 30 minutes that day?

You will need a special hotel keycard (in our case, it was green) to use the hotel entrance. They only give you one and tell you that it will not be replaced if you lose it.

This key is also key'd to your room. Most rooms won't be ready at that time, but there's a sign up for guests to line up at the counter to access their rooms later in the day. I would guess checking in and dropping off your bags they would give you a blank key for hotel entrance park access and key it to your room later in the day when you return.

I can confirm from experience that they give you a blank key for hotel park entrance and transportation. But, you have to go "Switch" the keys when you are able to check in. The time to get a room key is firmly 3:00pm as well, in my experience, so I'd have them hold luggage and whatnot, and just plan on coming back for the switch after then, but only when it's convenient for you to do so.

Superdewoop, thank you so much for the information. I know we will be shattered from a heavy day of travel, followed by metro. But to get that day in the park, we have no choice.

Unfortunately, we must also pick up disability tickets at the ticket window at the park. I don't even know how to make that work. The entire point of early entry is to beat the crowds.

It's my understanding that your hotel and park ticket MUST be connected (booked together, or your ticket is purchased at the hotel check-in or concierge) to get the perk of early access as a hotel guest. I don't know how that works with the disability tickets?
I *think* there is a payable early access option available now, as well, but I can't find information about it on the site so it's either not in English or I'm entirely mistaken. Perhaps it's only available in wechat? If you know anyone with an Any Day AP, their early access works for them and up to 3 guests (with a park ticket for that day, obs).
Do you mind sharing the day you're going?

We plan to go on Monday, Tuesday. Right now I am wondering if after this travel if sleeping in would be better and doing a half day Monday with a full day Tuesday? Then maybe Wednesday morning. We head for Hong Kong afterwards as we take on all the Asia parks.

Mornings will be quieter, especially with Hotel early entry and it's not too difficult to get back to the Toy Story hotel for a rest when you need it later in the day.

We plan to go on Monday, Tuesday. Right now I am wondering if after this travel if sleeping in would be better and doing a half day Monday with a full day Tuesday? Then maybe Wednesday morning. We head for Hong Kong afterwards as we take on all the Asia parks.
If it's Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, before Mid-June I'd say do the full day Tuesday, and see if you need need Wednesday morning. After Mid-June, schools are on holiday so it's hard to say what crowds could be like, but if you get into the park earlier either through the hotel or through early access, you might still beat the crowds, but it's probably a good idea to go Monday if you're worried about "missing" something for crowds.

On Monday, you can hang out in Disney town, shop and relax, and maybe check out Wishing Star Park (I haven't yet.), and enjoy the hotel. If characters are a priority, try to check out BOTH hotel lobbies, there maybe an opportunity with less lines than in a park! If you decide to go to the park, on Monday consider watching the parade and fireworks that day, so that you can maximize your time on Tuesday and take advantage of shorter lines during those times, but also keep in mind it can be hard to get around the hub area during those times if you are running from ride to ride. Go to and from Tomorrowland through Toy Story, for example or you'll get stuck. Keep to the back as much as you can.
On Tuesday, prioritize carefully, but Soarin' 7DMT and Tron should be near the top, if you're interested at all and in that order. Book one as a fastpass from your phone AS SOON as you walk into the park (set the app up in advance and connect the party as necessary), and head to another. Hopefully, your fastpast is early enough, and you'll be able to book something else quickly. If you have early entry, check out smaller rides now, like Peter Pan or Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. While Pirates is a must-do, the capacity is SO HIGH, it often has the shortest wait, so don't prioritize it, but don't forget about it either. For shows, the performance windows end pretty early when I've been there, so make sure to check out the times for what you must see.

Thank you Superdewoop. I talked it over with my who knows that being in first matters so much. So we have agreed to get up at 5:30 and taxi from the Marriot to Toy story and get the card and tickets for the early entry. It will be Monday but we hope to see the most that day and go back in on Tuesday to finish it up. I do like your idea of sleeping in, visiting Disney town and hit it hard on Tuesday. You do have us thinking about it. I hate going in tired.

I don't have a sim card but am using skyroam. Will the park have wifi so we can get our passes? Do you think concierge will be able to help us set it up. I already have the app downloaded.

I don't have a sim card but am using skyroam. Will the park have wifi so we can get our passes? Do you think concierge will be able to help us set it up. I already have the app downloaded.

The park has wifi but you need to verify using a text message they send to your phone. If you aren't using a Chinese phone number there's a chance that you won't receive it and you will also have to pay international roaming fees as applicable. Double check with Skyroam about if they get you through the Chinese firewall before you leave if you plan to use google, facebook, etc.

The park has wifi but you need to verify using a text message they send to your phone. If you aren't using a Chinese phone number there's a chance that you won't receive it and you will also have to pay international roaming fees as applicable. Double check with Skyroam about if they get you through the Chinese firewall before you leave if you plan to use google, facebook, etc.

When we stayed at the hotel, we didn't need a text to get on wifi as they gave us a code to put in with our room. This was the same wifi that was in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!