1956 Disneyland Welcome Guide - Photos and Maps of the Lands and Attractions

katherine52478

Mouseketeer
I don't know where to post this (and Mods, please feel free to move to another forum), but I thought this was am amazing find and wanted to share!

My grandfather traveled to California from NY in 1956 and went to Disneyland! This was the year after it opened so everything was new and exciting. My mom just found an envelope with a perfectly preserved copy of the Complete Guide to Disneyland that was published in 1956. It has maps of the lands as well as photos of the attractions and information about the hotels and restaurants that were there at the time.

I know this is the Disney World forum, but with so many of the same rides in the Florida park, I thought the DISers here might like to see it too!

(There will be multiple posts since I can only load 10 photos at a time!)IMG_4699.JPG IMG_4700.JPG IMG_4701.JPG IMG_4702.JPG IMG_4703.JPG IMG_4704.JPG IMG_4705.JPG IMG_4706.JPG IMG_4707.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4708.JPG
    IMG_4708.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 6

Love the welcome message from Walt Disney in picture number two!!! It really signifies his dream for the park. Thanks for sharing. I had not seen this before!!!

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter