180 days away and can't book

Just throwing this out there because it happened to me (and a ton of others trying to book dining - since the NEW Mde, (I use the web, not app) my MDE defaults on its own to other countries ! Europe, Canada - I didn't even realize it was doing it - once I changed it back to US (English) , I was able to make my adrs

Maybe Canadians aren’t allowed the 180 days? Haha I joke (and I am Canadian) but I’ll try anything... where can I see that setting so I can try to change it to “temporary-American” and see if it works?

OMG. UN-REAL. I found where you meant to change it to US English, and sure enough..... IT WORKED. It didn't like the "Canadian English" setting.

It now knows my stay is through May 4, and even highlights the dates, and I was able to make my Fanstasmic and dessert party reservations.

Wow. This is something I hope the mods pin!!!!! otten? Are you from the US?

When I was at 180 days the days in the future were greyed out and I couldn’t pick them; however, when I typed in the date manually it worked.

When I was at 180 days the days in the future were greyed out and I couldn’t pick them; however, when I typed in the date manually it worked.

I did try that, but it literally made the difference when I selected US English, the dates became highlighted and I could use them. I tried Spanish and French Canadian as well, nope... gotta be American English. I'm probably going to call Disney tomorrow and tell their tech support this to help others... I wonder if they even are looking at this being a problem? Crazy.

I'm in the US and mine says US English. Are you thinking this has been the glitch that has been interfering with accounts since July?
That is when one of the updates occurred where many people started coming on saying the couldn't book ADR's, FP, AND PREORDER BOG.
I've literally never experienced an issue like that and mine has always been US English.
I've gotten myself worried several times due to people on here and then I stopped doing that because each time the worry was for nothing.
Trust me I empathize with the frustration but when I do encounter a glitch I roll with the punches.
Example last week I couldn't make a payment. After 4 days I logged into my sister's account and it worked fine, or when the app says it's not working I log out and back in and it's fine, or the time my FP day was the day the clocks spring ahead and Disney's didn't so I could have slept another hour.
To me these things are roll off my shoulder things.

I've literally never experienced an issue like that and mine has always been US English.

Right. And those of us who don't have it set to US English seem to be the ones with the issues. I don't have mine set to US English and I would never even think to try that, because I am not American.

Not everyone is lucky enough to go to Disney 34x, so hopefully this info will help people who want to go once when the website isn't allowing them to book the restaurants they've never been to.

By the way, thank you so much tinkerhon - hopefully this will help someone else too!

I was being genuine and yet I still get a low blow response.:confused3

All you've done in this thread is repeatedly said that you've never had issues... which doesn't help those of us who were/are having issues. It's like because you haven't had any problems then the rest of us don't know what we're doing and shouldn't worry about the fact that the website is wonky.

I'm not here to argue, but you've contributed nothing to this thread except how lucky you've been with the website.

OMG. UN-REAL. I found where you meant to change it to US English, and sure enough..... IT WORKED. It didn't like the "Canadian English" setting.

It now knows my stay is through May 4, and even highlights the dates, and I was able to make my Fanstasmic and dessert party reservations.

Wow. This is something I hope the mods pin!!!!! otten? Are you from the US?

So glad it worked ! Yep- that's a glitch that has happened to so many people - I live in NYC, and couldn't book unless was under US (English)

By the way, thank you so much tinkerhon - hopefully this will help someone else too!

I called dis IT the day it happened to me and they were no help at all - the new MDE has a couple of quirky glitches- for example , if I open another window to search for dining , and then go back into the window I had open with my plans listed I get an error message that plans can't be displayed - I have to log out and log in again and HOPE it works ! Sometimes I open another window (JetBlue for example) that has nothing to do with MDE, and it does the same thing !

OP here!

Wow, this thread got a lot of responses! Thanks everyone.

Yes, I was a day off in my calculations. I was using a countdown app and I assumed it was correct. Clearly, it was not.

Anyway, I managed to book everything I wanted today at 6:00 am Eastern. The app was giving me problems with loading, but at about 6:08 everything moved smoothly.

I couldn't get the dates to load on my laptop either. I'm going to try the language trick as I'm also Canadian. That's weird.

EDIT: Just tried it and WOW! The language trick worked! That's bonkers. We should spread the word.

I am in Canada also but changing the language isn't working in chrome for me. It does work in IE. So if it's still an issue on Thursday when I book my next set I can use my work laptop with IE.

I'm in the US and mine says US English. Are you thinking this has been the glitch that has been interfering with accounts since July?
That is when one of the updates occurred where many people started coming on saying the couldn't book ADR's, FP, AND PREORDER BOG.
I've gotten myself worried several times due to people on here and then I stopped doing that because each time the worry was for nothing.
Trust me I empathize with the frustration but when I do encounter a glitch I roll with the punches.
Example last week I couldn't make a payment. After 4 days I logged into my sister's account and it worked fine, or when the app says it's not working I log out and back in and it's fine, or the time my FP day was the day the clocks spring ahead and Disney's didn't so I could have slept another hour.

It's definitely a NEW glitch that started when they rolled out the new MDE -

If this is the only (expensive) trip you'll ever be able to make AND you cannot get any of the ADRs, FPs, or parties you wanted, because Disney's IT was messed up, I can bet your sweet bottom dollar you would be upset. Empathy goes a long way.

Thought I would update on this. Today was my 180 mark for my second resort stay. I had to totally restart my computer but once I did that and changed the language to US English I was able to book for length of stay.

And I agree with others, it is wholly unhelpful for someone who has never had any trouble to pipe in to a thread where people are having trouble. That's great that you didn't have a problem but then you don't need to contribute to the thread.

Well, after all this I am very happy to revisit this and see that with tinkerhon's :tinker:suggestion and my "testing" we were able to help both the OP and otten with their reservations. Good stuff... that's all I'd hoped for this thread and it happened.

:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter