180 days away and can't book

Sora321

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I logged into MDE to make dining reservations starting April 28th 2019. My countdown app says I'm at the 180 day mark. However, when I went to reserve, the latest day I could get was April 27th and all the other days afterwards are greyed out.

I've never booked this early before. I'm assuming I need to wait until tomorrow, but will I be able to book for my entire vacation at once, or do I need to wait for each day to open up?

Thanks!

Have you tried the app or an incognito browser? You definitely should be able to book for length of stay today. I had the same problem this morning. The website isn't recognizing my length of stay window. I had to use the app. Pretty frustrating waking up at 3am my time and have it not work properly.

No, I tried that and it's not working either. Everything after April 27th is greyed out. I'm currently waiting for guest services on the phone. I don't know what else to do at this point.

EDIT: Just got off the phone. Apparently, I do have to wait until tomorrow. We'll see what happens then.

Last edited:
Disney is correct.
Today is 181 days out.
If you have a resort reservation tomorrow you will be able to book ADR's for your entire trip.
If you don't have a resort reservation its one day at a time.

Are you checking in on the 27th or the 28th? If you're checking in on the 28th, tomorrow is 180, if the 27th, yesterday was 180.

That being said, I've had a total nightmare with mine the last few days myself. We are checking in on the 26th of April and checking out May 4th, staying at Disney. Yesterday AM we would have been 180 days. My husband and I both were on two laptops and two iphones (4 devices total). Only my iPhone allowed us to book anything past the 26th of April, we were logged in to our accounts and also tried our sister-in-laws account. As well, tried three different browsers on our laptops. I am also technical, we cleared cookies etc. Thank goodness my iPhone knew we were staying there... even today nothing (now I've tried my work computer too so that's FIVE devices) will let me book anything past the 27th except for on my iPhone. We did get everything we wanted for regular ADRs, but I need to book a dessert party and a Fantasmic package, I can't book those through the app (only online) so I'm waiting until the actual 180 days from those dates I guess... I know I could call Disney but at least these two aren't super popular so I don't really need the 180+ lead time thank goodness.

Very disappointed though in this experience... 5 different devices and 4 don't know we have a reservation to book past 180? Unacceptable IMO.

EDITED to add a ranting emote: :mic::mic::mic:

Last edited:
Are you checking in on the 27th or the 28th? If you're checking in on the 28th, tomorrow is 180, if the 27th, yesterday was 180.

That being said, I've had a total nightmare with mine the last few days myself. We are checking in on the 26th of April and checking out May 4th, staying at Disney. Yesterday AM we would have been 180 days. My husband and I both were on two laptops and two iphones (4 devices total). Only my iPhone allowed us to book anything past the 26th of April, we were logged in to our accounts and also tried our sister-in-laws account. As well, tried three different browsers on our laptops. I am also technical, we cleared cookies etc. Thank goodness my iPhone knew we were staying there... even today nothing (now I've tried my work computer too so that's FIVE devices) will let me book anything past the 27th except for on my iPhone. We did get everything we wanted for regular ADRs, but I need to book a dessert party and a Fantasmic package, I can't book those through the app (only online) so I'm waiting until the actual 180 days from those dates I guess... I know I could call Disney but at least these two aren't super popular so I don't really need the 180+ lead time thank goodness.

Very disappointed though in this experience... 5 different devices and 4 don't know we have a reservation to book past 180? Unacceptable IMO.

Yea this was my experience this morning. We check in April 27. I could not get any browser on any computer to recognize my onsite stay for booking dining. Initially the app didn't recognize it either but after a few rounds of logging out and in again it worked. Really really frustrating though because I'm on pacific time and woke up at 3am to do this.

And we have a split stay so I need to do this again in a few days.

Yea this was my experience this morning. We check in April 27. I could not get any browser on any computer to recognize my onsite stay for booking dining. Initially the app didn't recognize it either but after a few rounds of logging out and in again it worked. Really really frustrating though because I'm on pacific time and woke up at 3am to do this.

And we have a split stay so I need to do this again in a few days.

Ugh - I'm with you... we were up at 3:45 in the Mountain timezone.... thank goodness it was a Sunday. All I can say is that they'd really need get it together before FastPass day or I'll be really ticked (because that's a Monday AM)!!! Good luck with your split stay - best to use the app it seems - I haven't got online to work yet on 3 different computers using all three browsers (Firefox/IE/Chrome) and clearing cookies. Sooooo frustrating!!

Disney is correct.
Today is 181 days out.
If you have a resort reservation tomorrow you will be able to book ADR's for your entire trip.
If you don't have a resort reservation its one day at a time.

Today is definitely 180 for the OP (checking in the 27th), and yesterday was 180 for me (checking in the 26th). Disney is definitely not correct, their website just sucks LOL.

Ugh - I'm with you... we were up at 3:45 in the Mountain timezone.... thank goodness it was a Sunday. All I can say is that they'd really need get it together before FastPass day or I'll be really ticked (because that's a Monday AM)!!! Good luck with your split stay - best to use the app it seems - I haven't got online to work yet on 3 different computers using all three browsers (Firefox/IE/Chrome) and clearing cookies. Sooooo frustrating!!

I'm a little less worried about the next batch. We don't have any hard to get ressies until day 5 and 6 of that stay so they should be easy enough to get. But yea I really hope they sort out the issues people have been having with fastpass booking by the time we're doing that.

Today is definitely 180 for the OP (checking in the 27th), and yesterday was 180 for me (checking in the 26th). Disney is definitely not correct, their website just sucks LOL.
Count it. OP checks in on April 28th. That is 181 from today.
Maybe the website sucks for you but it doesn't for me LOL

Last edited:
Count it. OP checks in on April 28th. That is 181 from today.
Maybe the website sucks for you but it doesn't for me LOL

She checks in on the 27th. Which is 180 from today. I check in on the 26th... which is 180 from yesterday.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=180+.....69i57j0l4.3279j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C.......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.Vl0Ry10uEMc

As well as Touring Plans and every other calculator out there. We have counted, and counted correctly. Believe me, I've been counting down to this date forever. And let's say we were wrong (which we're not), then I would see dates through May 4th today for myself, would't I? The website does suck. For a lot of people.

She checks in on the 27th. Which is 180 from today. I check in on the 26th... which is 180 from yesterday. We have counted, and counted correctly.

I feel like you are unaware of who the OP of this thread is.
Look at the first post on this thread and you will see the OP states they arrive on the 28th and right now can only see through the 27th.

I feel like you are unaware of who the OP of this thread is.
Look at the first post on this thread and you will see the OP states they arrive on the 28th and right now can only see through the 27th.

I now realise that... however... as you'll note, the other poster (otten) who responded to me (who I mistakenly thought was the OP) checks in on the 27th is having the problem today, and I had the problem yesterday (and still do today). So, very likely the OP will have the same issue tomorrow when she's at 180 days. Have you booked 180+ ADRs since the website redo earlier this month?

Last edited:
I now realise that... however... as you'll note, the other poster (otten) who checks in on the 27th is having the problem today, and I had the problem yesterday (and still do today). So, very likely the OP will have the same issue tomorrow when she's at 180 days. Have you booked 180+ ADRs since the website redo earlier this month?

The other poster having problems on their 180 days really has nothing to do with the simple fact that the OP was wrong in their calculation.
So Disney was in fact correct.
You h ave no idea if the OP is going to run into problems tomorrow.
No I have not booked 180+ days in the last month but people have been speaking of having issues for years and I have not experienced issues at all.
My 180 days was back in June. It went smoothly.
Just like my FP+ went smoothly (October 8th so after the website redo) when so many people say it doesn't for them.
Again website might suck for you but not for me LOL.

So you haven't booked since they completely redid the website a couple weeks ago. Got it. Unfortunately I responded to the wrong poster, who was at 181, but that doesn't change the fact that the website (particularly since the redo) has been very problematic for a lot of people. I am a technical analyst as well, so I know my way around websites and cookies and cached browsers... I guess it's great that you had no issues, but Disney CAN actually make mistakes, and this website redo seems to be causing a lot of grief in particular.

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow when the OP tries at 180 days.

So you haven't booked since they completely redid the website a couple weeks ago. Got it. Unfortunately I responded to the wrong poster, who was at 181, but that doesn't change the fact that the website (particularly since the redo) has been very problematic for a lot of people. I am a technical analyst as well, so I know my way around websites and cookies and cached browsers... I guess it's great that you had no issues, but Disney CAN actually make mistakes, and this website redo seems to be causing a lot of grief in particular.

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow when the OP tries at 180 days.
It was kind of you to share your experience & try to help the OP and others. Sorry you got such a nasty response.

The website has been wonky for so many people since the big MDE "upgrade." We haven't experienced any problems with it but I really empathize with those that have. It's so frustrating to have something that should be so simple, like booking ADRs, end up being so difficult.

It was kind of you to share your experience & try to help the OP and others. Sorry you got such a nasty response.

The website has been wonky for so many people since the big MDE "upgrade." We haven't experienced any problems with it but I really empathize with those that have. It's so frustrating to have something that should be so simple, like booking ADRs, end up being so difficult.

Thanks MK - I work as a software tester so I know better than anyone that brand new things seldom work - that being said, something as important as opening all the dates of your stay past your checkin-date is a pretty big requirement... considering it's one of the selling points now to staying on-property.

There will be a very small percentage of posters on this board who actually were checking into Disney 180 days from the website re-do (which is what, less than 2 weeks ago?) so I guess we'll see just how many people this affects once more people enter their windows. I'll check every day now and see when the website starts to tell me that I can book through May 4th... as of right now it's still only the app. Everything I read prior to this update was to use the website and NOT the app, but now it seems like the app is the way to go, so I'll suggest to the OP that they try the APP tomorrow and not the site (along with everyone else who is trying in the coming days!)

Thanks MK - I work as a software tester so I know better than anyone that brand new things seldom work - that being said, something as important as opening all the dates of your stay past your checkin-date is a pretty big requirement... considering it's one of the selling points now to staying on-property.

There will be a very small percentage of posters on this board who actually were checking into Disney 180 days from the website re-do (which is what, less than 2 weeks ago?) so I guess we'll see just how many people this affects once more people enter their windows. I'll check every day now and see when the website starts to tell me that I can book through May 4th... as of right now it's still only the app. Everything I read prior to this update was to use the website and NOT the app, but now it seems like the app is the way to go, so I'll suggest to the OP that they try the APP tomorrow and not the site (along with everyone else who is trying in the coming days!)

Yea I also missed that the OP was a day early so Disney was right for now but since my 180 was definitely today and I couldn't book length of stay on the website I would not be surprised if the OP still has trouble tomorrow. Others on a different site had the same issues I did.

Yea I also missed that the OP was a day early so Disney was right for now but since my 180 was definitely today and I couldn't book length of stay on the website I would not be surprised if the OP still has trouble tomorrow. Others on a different site had the same issues I did.

Fun fun fun! Well, I guess the best advice we can give to the OP (and anyone else coming up) is to try your apps first vs the site! Unfortunately you can't use the app for dessert parties or dining packages, but if I didn't try the app yesterday I would have been SOL for some of my big ones (8am Akershus, good dinner timeslots at Le Cellier, Be Our Guest, Ohana etc).

Just throwing this out there because it happened to me (and a ton of others trying to book dining - since the NEW Mde, (I use the web, not app) my MDE defaults on its own to other countries ! Europe, Canada - I didn't even realize it was doing it - once I changed it back to US (English) , I was able to make my adrs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!