16th Birthday ideas for a boy

sadiebug

Mouseketeer
We will be at Disneyland/California Adventure on my son's 16th birthday. Obviously I know to get a birthday button, but any other suggestions? Thanks!

What are his favorite things? like star wars, or? When my son was 16, he got pics with Anna and Elsa, and they were so fun with him! Great memory! At carnation Cafe we got a free dessert and they sang happy birthday to my sister.

He does like Star Wars. He's not a big fan of the character interactions, although I would love to find Gaston while we're there

Do any of the restaurants do something special? Is there a place to order a cake or special dessert?

Do any of the restaurants do something special? Is there a place to order a cake or special dessert?
You can order a custom cake to be delivered to any TS location in the parks or the on site hotel TS restaurants. The cakes are really cute! There is a custom cake thread on this forum. Do a search for it -- the most recent pages have photos. Call the Dine Line (714-781-DINE) for up to date pricing and cake choice information.
You might look into making a reservation for The Void in DTD on his birthday. He might enjoy doing the Star Wars version of the game. We have friends who did that yesterday for a birthday -- they had a blast!

Last edited:
We just went with my 16 yr old, and the biggest thrill for him was doing The Void. He looked forward to it all week. Granted it is Downtown Disney and not actually in the parks. He also is a foodie, like his dad, so we let him pick out our restaurants for dinner a couple times (he picked two really good ones out of the park via yelp) and some of the treats/snacks that are part of the Valentine's Day/ Get Your Ears On celebration.

I second (or third) the VOID, especially since you said he likes Star Wars. Not cheap but it was my 16 year old son's favorite thing we did on our trip last year.

I will have to check out The Void. I've never heard of it! Thanks!

It is a VR experience that is a little like laser tag. It's super cool. There is a Star Wars and Wreck-It Ralph. I have done Star Wars and it is a blast! Reservations are recommended, but there is usually decent availability.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts