15th Anniversary trip....trip report

Thanks for the round up of info Crystal! I am really curious about the DVC tour. Did you have an invite or did you just sign up there?

Thanks for the round up of info Crystal! I am really curious about the DVC tour. Did you have an invite or did you just sign up there?

They mentioned it to us at check in, but we really were not interested.... then we started chatting with one of the CM's at one of the DVC kiosk things, and he was really friendly, explained a lot of things, and got us signed up for the tour (and told us we would get the $50 credit). Frankly, neither one of us really wanted to do it, but figured for the credit we would try it out. We were assuming there would be a hard sell (we were SO wrong!). At some point between our scheduled tour, and coming back to our room, they had delivered the lithograph and another letter saying we would get a $100 credit for the tour. Confused, we thought we could get another $100 credit, but weren't quite sure why since we had already done the tour. We went up to schedule the other tour like the letter said, and then later received a call from the CM who chatted with us about DVC and she had added another $50 onto our account, making the total $100. I am not sure why we got the letter and lithograph? Maybe that was from what they mentioned at check in? But we had already talked to the CM at the kiosk before that. In any case, we felt it was totally worth the time and really very interesting how the whole thing works. We have contacted the CM who talked to us about DVC a couple of times, and she is always prompt to get back to us. We have had lots of questions! We tried to get my parents to go, because they had so many questions about DVC, we thought the CM's could answer them better than us, plus they would get a credit, but they never ended up going. Hope that helps! I will try to take a photo of the lithograph when I get home!

Ok, finally finishing up this trip report. I guess it's time to realize this trip is over, so sad! But we are already in the midst of planning a return trip. YAY!!!

Day 7. Today was the coldest day at the resort, and it really wasn't all that cold. Lol. I only got chilled once in the ocean, but I get chilled easily. We were sad it was our last day but made the most of it! We got chairs in our favorite area again. My oldest DS and I hit the slides first thing. Youngest DS couldn't get enough of the Menehune bridge so my DH stayed there to watch him. My parents went and tried snorkeling in the lagoon. They didn't have much luck there. At some point we all hit the beach.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

We also ran into Mickey at one point! I believe oldest DS also saw Stitch, but I wasn't there for that so no photos! Youngest DS decided he wanted to do the scavenger hunt that oldest DS did the day before, but of course he didn't want to do it at the same time. Lol. Scavenger hunt is fun but takes a long time. Luckily he did some things that were a bit different than we did the day before.

Youngest DS also finally Realized on the last day you could snorkel at rainbow reef and insisted upon trying. I was concerned that he had never snorkeled before even though I bought him a mask and snorkel to practice at home. The cast members said if he didn't like it I could get my money back for him, but I had to buy too so someone was with him. The water was so cold! People aren't exaggerating. Brr! I was very proud of him for going. He got scared once when the largest of the fish swam by in a school. I could hear him yelling through the snorkel that they were creating a wall and "blocking" him. We went back to the shallow part and I talked him into trying again, but this time he wanted to swim on my back. Holy cow, he was so heavy and choking me with the life vest on. That didn't last long. Lol. Then he just stayed in the shallow part and would stick his face in. I'm proud of him for trying and for going back out after he was scared.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reading your report. We went to Aulani for the first time last June for 10 days and returned this past June for 12 days. We were already DVC members but bought Aulani points so that we could return. You have been there, I don't need to sell you. It is just so hard upon returning, kind of like a depression and I live in Florida near beautiful beaches and Disney World. Our summer is coming to a close as school starts tomorrow but we are so hoping to get back next June. It is hard to find or say anything bad about Aulani. Ok, I got one. The water is a little to chilly for me! Takes me a few days to get use to it. Glad you had a great trip.

@Amw1064 our schools start tomorrow too! So sad this summer is ending. We had such an incredible vacation. We for sure are going back.

Later on day 7:

My parents and I also went back to Rainbow Reef later in the day and really enjoyed it. My mom fell in love with snorkeling and she stayed in rainbow reef for about 45 minutes! We went to our last dinner at Monkeypod and it was incredible again! So yummy!!

image.jpg

Remember when I said that I only really wanted to do two things while on the trip, get a drink in a pineapple, and get a family photo? Major mom fail for waiting until the last night to grab a family photo. Youngest DS was over photos by this point, and even with the bribe of a dole whip, would NOT cooperate! SO beyond frustrating!!! I thought I had finally gotten an ok shot:

image.jpg

But after looking through our photo pass photos, one of the 10 plus photos the CM took actually turned out decent! YAY! Haha, the struggle is real, oh and note to self, do not wait until the last day for a family photo ;)

image.jpg

@Amw1064

But after looking through our photo pass photos, one of the 10 plus photos the CM took actually turned out decent! YAY! Haha, the struggle is real, oh and note to self, do not wait until the last day for a family photo ;)

View attachment 189222

Very cute! :) And it's not just your son - mine is awful about take photos too. I don't know why it's that painful for boys!! That was one of the reasons I booked a private photo session - then I could just tell him "you WILL cooperate for this 30min time frame, and then you're done for the rest of the trip!"

Thanks @cmph !! That's a great idea. I think I'll do that next time!! Youngest Ds has been really testing his boundaries lately!! He was happy his beloved Thumper made it in the photo. ;)

image.jpg

Forgot to post my collection ofAulani wrist bands!! We even went down on departure day to get one, even though we didn't have time to swim that day. My oldest DS and I kept them on for weeks! (Flower bracelet was made for me by oldest DS at Aunty's Aloha party) :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:LOL! I love it!! Yes, the pineapple cider is amazing!! Called Ace Hard Pineapple cider. Island Country market had it, but only in the large bottles, not in a six pack. DH and I split a bottle to make the Dole Whip float ;) It wasn't too sweet either, I think the vanilla helped balance that out.

SOOOOO yummy! And I totally stole the rum and POG juice idea, and it was amazing as well! Got the coconut rum at Costco and the POG juice too!

Thank you!!!!!!! Me too!! =)
I really enjoyed your trip report. We are going to Aulani in 4.5 months and I can't wait. I love reading everyone's tr as it helps me plan and get excited all at the same time!
TOTALLY doing the coconut run and POG juice from Costco. We are serious wine drinkers and bring our favorite for all of our WDW trips (we aren't exactly winos but we love to sit on the balcony and have a quiet moment in the evenings with a glass of wine). I am thinking tropical drinks are more in order for Hawaii. We aren't mixed drink people at all but I do love me some fruity drinks :) Do you recall finding KONA coffee at Costco? I'm thinking that and macadamia nuts will be the souvenirs we bring home for everyone and Costco will be our best/cheapest bet.
Very cute! :) And it's not just your son - mine is awful about take photos too. I don't know why it's that painful for boys!! That was one of the reasons I booked a private photo session - then I could just tell him "you WILL cooperate for this 30min time frame, and then you're done for the rest of the trip!"
Ugh! My "little boy" is almost 28 yo and we brought him and our daughter in law and 15 month old granddaughter with us to WDW last month....and I warned him ahead of time that there WILL be photos and lots of them......he took it like a champ :P

I really enjoyed your trip report. We are going to Aulani in 4.5 months and I can't wait. I love reading everyone's tr as it helps me plan and get excited all at the same time!
TOTALLY doing the coconut run and POG juice from Costco. We are serious wine drinkers and bring our favorite for all of our WDW trips (we aren't exactly winos but we love to sit on the balcony and have a quiet moment in the evenings with a glass of wine). I am thinking tropical drinks are more in order for Hawaii. We aren't mixed drink people at all but I do love me some fruity drinks :) Do you recall finding KONA coffee at Costco? I'm thinking that and macadamia nuts will be the souvenirs we bring home for everyone and Costco will be our best/cheapest bet.

Ugh! My "little boy" is almost 28 yo and we brought him and our daughter in law and 15 month old granddaughter with us to WDW last month....and I warned him ahead of time that there WILL be photos and lots of them......he took it like a champ :P
Yes, Costco had Kona coffee. My dad bought some for the trip. This was in 2016...so not sure if they would still have it now. But being in Hawaii I would guess that they do. They for sure had macadamia nuts. They actually had a ton of really nice souvenir type items. =)

You will LOVE Aulani! We were actually just pricing out a vacation the other day. We have not been back since our trip, but would really like to go again.

LOL, good to know as they get older they don't mind photos as much ;) My youngest is now 10 and he still has issues sometimes with photos! I can usually get him to cooperate for a couple now. But after that, he is over it! LOL

I hope you have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!