150 Club....Care to join??? Continued.

Hey Maria I am having a great day in fact. I bought all these new clothes right before the first of the year (part of my "get my mind straight to get my body in line" plan) then I went on vacation for New years. When I came back, some of the new clothes no longer fit (I had developed a lovely muffin top issue with the pants and so refused to wear them). I had gained 4 lbs while away. On a whim today (I had a whim day), I put on one of the outfits that did not fit in January and guess what...the pants are too big. Not "fall down" too big yet, but I need a belt :yay:

Welcome to all the new joiners!!! Great to have this thread getting busy!! :yay:

Hey Maria I am having a great day in fact. I bought all these new clothes right before the first of the year (part of my "get my mind straight to get my body in line" plan) then I went on vacation for New years. When I came back, some of the new clothes no longer fit (I had developed a lovely muffin top issue with the pants and so refused to wear them). I had gained 4 lbs while away. On a whim today (I had a whim day), I put on one of the outfits that did not fit in January and guess what...the pants are too big. Not "fall down" too big yet, but I need a belt :yay:

Awesome!!! :cheer2:

Okay, following Maria's lead. I am Kat (Kathryn, either works), 32, married, one small white cat, no children and no plans for any. I am a WDW freak and DVC owner since last year. We live in North Carolina so the 8.5 hour drive to Orlando means we get to sneak down multiple times a year.

I work as a software engineer in the check processing side of a fairly major Southeast bank. It is rewarding sometimes, but usually somewhat stressful since we handle $100million+ in deposits a week. Also, since I am in front of a computer for 8-12 hours a day, that doesn't help with the "movement" part of weight loss. I try to fit in a lunchtime workout most days, since I am NOT a morning person, and often don't leave work until after 7 and am too tired to hit the gym.

I started this journey last Feb at 218 lbs. I was down to 175 by the end of the year, but the holidays and my recent vacation have put me back up to 190. I am a binge/comfort eater who either does really, really well or really, really bad and eats and drinks everything in sight.

My ultimate goal is to hit 145-150 (I am 5'8"). My plans are to stay in the 1200-1400 calorie range, tracked via sparkpeople, and work out 4-6 times per week. 30 min cardio for each session (elliptical, arc trainer, or ice skating/hockey), weight training 3 times a week. This got me down almost 45 lbs last year, so I am hoping for similar results.

OK I'll go!

I am Rachel. I am a 24 yo stay at home mom of :dance3: 3.
I was 120 lbs pre baby and gained :scared: 110 lbs:scared1: during pregnancy.
my delivery weight with all 3 was 220. It has now been 2 years of on and off dieting for me and I am down to 180. I have 30 more lbs to go to hit my goal of 150.:woohoo:
I am doing WW to kinda help me along. so we'll see what happens next. that's me!:goodvibes

OK I'll go!

I am Rachel. I am a 24 yo stay at home mom of :dance3: 3.
I was 120 lbs pre baby and gained :scared: 110 lbs:scared1: during pregnancy.
my delivery weight with all 3 was 220. It has now been 2 years of on and off dieting for me and I am down to 180. I have 30 more lbs to go to hit my goal of 150.:woohoo:
I am doing WW to kinda help me along. so we'll see what happens next. that's me!:goodvibes

HI RACHEL YOU ARE DOING GREAT SO FAR WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS, WOW 3 BABIES!WERE THEY TRIPLETS OR 3 SEPERATE DELIVERIES? HOW OLD ARE THEY NOW?

HI RACHEL YOU ARE DOING GREAT SO FAR WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS, WOW 3 BABIES!WERE THEY TRIPLETS OR 3 SEPERATE DELIVERIES? HOW OLD ARE THEY NOW?

they are not trips thank the lord I would be a bald momma!!!:lmao:

they are ds6 ds4 and dd2.

ds 6 has epilepsy so a lot of weight came back after we found out (stress) but all is well now.

ds 4 was born 4 weeks early and was in the NICU for 3 weeks stress eating back!

dd2 had meningitis at 8 weeks old and was in the hospital for 4 weeks fast food and stress....bad combo.

Good Morning!

Last night I made myself do my 60 min on the TM, and I was moving for me, 4.2 miles. It felt good, and I'm really glad I did it. This is the first week in a long time where I got in all my exercise, and even added weight work. I also think I gained, but I'm putting that down to pre-Lent celebrations and adjusting to working out more. Next week I'm expecting good things!:goodvibes

Rachel -- Wow, you have been through so much with each of your children, I'm so glad they are healthy now. :grouphug:

Charlene -- I don't envy you with the teen about to drive, I think I would be freaking out!:scared1: It sounds like you are well on your way to your goals!

Kat -- I think you have done great, and I'm sure you will do even better this year!:woohoo:

Sarah -- How's it goin' today?:wizard:

Raen -- I love the loose pants test! When I got on the scale the other day (not my official weigh-in, that's Sat), I was up a lb., but when I got dressed my pants were looser. I took that I am getting firmer with more muscle.

Ok, we're approaching the weekend, which is a scary zone for me. We tend to eat out, but since we gave up fast/fried food, I think it'll be ok. Today I need to spend half an hour on the bike, and also do weights. Once I've been working out on schedule for 2-3 weeks, my weight will settle down. I know from experience that when I suddenly up the schedule, my body gets a little :crazy:. It doesn't know what to do, if this is a real change or where just toying with using more calories...;)

Everyone have a great losing day!
Maria

they are not trips thank the lord I would be a bald momma!!!:lmao:

they are ds6 ds4 and dd2.

WOO!:worship: :worship: SO YOU MUST BE VERY BUSY:lmao: AND A VERY STRONG PERSON THAT IS ALOT TO DEAL WITH. I KNOW HOW STRESS CAN BRING ON THE FOOD BUT HANG IN THERE AND KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING YOUR BABIES ARE SMALL YET.I AM STILL TRYING TO LOOSE MY BABY WEIGHT:rotfl: AND HE IS A TEENAGER:scared1: HAVE A GOOD DAY!:flower3:

Maria
Good Morning! Freaking Out About My Son Driving Soon Is An Understatement. He Took His Driving Test(written) Last Week In School,and I Am Very Nervous And He Didnt Even Start Yet.

As Far As My Goal Yes I Am Getting There But I Feel I Am Always Going To Have To Watch What I Eat And Workout,everytime I Slack Off The Weight Comes Right Back On.i Know What You Mean About The Weekends We Also Enjoy Going Out But I Am Slowly Learning To Make Better Choices.(its Not Easy)

Hi! My name is Jennie and I want to be in the 150's so bad!!

I'm a SAHM to DD6 and DD3. I lost 25lbs doing WW last year and then just got stuck. I stopped at 165 and then went up and down 2 to 5 lbs for 4months before I stopped paying for WW and meetings. I managed to lose 6lbs on my own hitting 159 for like a day. And now I'm back up to 165 and bouncing around the same 2 to 5 lbs. I also did the WDW 1/2 marathon. Maria did we meet??:confused3 And i had hoped that all the walking would help me lose but I haven't.

I'm feeling very confused and unsure on what the best approach is for me. A few weeks ago I decided to count calories and had a hard time staying under 1800 each day. But I did it for about 8 days. I'm on average exercising 3 to 4 days a week. I have an elliptical and dumbells. I can't wait for warmer weather to get back outside!

I'm glad to be part of a group! I was on the WW thread when I was doing WW but I felt funny being on there and not on the program.

Hope everyone's weekend went well!:hug:

Welcome Jennie!!

I do calorie counting, but I try to keep mine in the 1200-1400 range. I have about 30-40 more lbs to lose.

I like the calorie counting approach because of the flexibility. I use sparkpeople.com (so does Maria, I think) to track my calories and exercise. I think they also have menu plans if you are looking for something new to try.

Good Afternoon, Ladies!

I hope you're all doing well and have warmer weather than I'm enjoying. -20 with the wind chill is not good for going outside...:sad2:

I did my long walk Saturday, weights yesterday, and I'll have an hour on the TM tonight. My eating is just scary. I keep trying to get better...I guess I'm not trying hard enough. :scared:

I was on Sparkpeople, but I spent so much time online earning points, I wasn't actually getting anything done. I know that sounds backwards, but I convinced myself I was getting healthier when all I was doing was e-mailing and reading a ton of articles. :confused:

Kat -- You on the other hand use Sparkpeople correctly, and do a great job!:wizard:

Jennie -- Hi and :welcome: I don't think we met at the Half -- are you on the WISH racing team? Were you wearing a WISH shirt? I had on a WISH tank, and I did most of the race with Ruth aka DreamBeliever. Next year I want to do it much smaller!:woohoo:

Charlene -- At this point, I'd be happy to put one good full day together. I just seem to be sliding further and further behind...I guess I need a swift kick you know where :rolleyes1

Rachel, Sarah, Raen -- How was your weekend? I am declaring a fresh start for myself mid-day. I don't want an entire day of poor eating, so I'm starting fresh now, and if I get hungry this afternoon I'm having a pear:upsidedow

Everybody hang in there and have a better day than I am!
Maria

Most important first- I adore Belle, Eeyore :eeyore:, Tinkerbell :tinker:, and Stitch :stitch:.

I'm Gaia :rose:, 19, a college student from Florida. I want to be 140 SO bad! I've been obese my whole life, since I was 3. The number on the scale isn't nearly as important to me as not hitting diabetes and getting a heart attack like my cheerful doctors predicted I'd get last year. If I look good and feel good and can get off my meds, that's what's really important.

Also, I'd love to get a Photo Pass picture at Typhoon Lagoon where I didn't look like an elephant in an innertube.

Hi, everyone! :wave:

Would love to join you with a goal of a healthier life-style and hopefully doing the WDW 5K in 2009 (cannot do the half due to MS).

Just found out I am about to be a grandmother (first time)!!! :cool1: It hit me (better late than never;) ) that I want to be around for the next 40 years, so I can celebrate my 100th birthday:thumbsup2

Would love to see 160 again as that is a very comfy, but not thin, weight for me:) Have about 25 lbs to lose, but do not want to count lbs - no scales, please! Need to get some muscle again.

Walk about a mile a day (home from work) and work with 2/3 yrs olds, so am on my feet all day :) Keeps me young!

Thanks so much!!

Maria... :hug: . Eating healthy is SO hard. I struggle with it every day.

Most important first- I adore Belle, Eeyore :eeyore:, Tinkerbell :tinker:, and Stitch :stitch:.

I'm Gaia :rose:, 19, a college student from Florida. I want to be 140 SO bad! I've been obese my whole life, since I was 3. The number on the scale isn't nearly as important to me as not hitting diabetes and getting a heart attack like my cheerful doctors predicted I'd get last year. If I look good and feel good and can get off my meds, that's what's really important.

Also, I'd love to get a Photo Pass picture at Typhoon Lagoon where I didn't look like an elephant in an innertube.

Welcome!! Photo Pass pictures in water parks are EVIL!!

Hi, everyone! :wave:

Would love to join you with a goal of a healthier life-style and hopefully doing the WDW 5K in 2009 (cannot do the half due to MS).

Just found out I am about to be a grandmother (first time)!!! :cool1: It hit me (better late than never;) ) that I want to be around for the next 40 years, so I can celebrate my 100th birthday:thumbsup2

Would love to see 160 again as that is a very comfy, but not thin, weight for me:) Have about 25 lbs to lose, but do not want to count lbs - no scales, please! Need to get some muscle again.

Walk about a mile a day (home from work) and work with 2/3 yrs olds, so am on my feet all day :) Keeps me young!

Thanks so much!!

Welcome neighbor!! :yay: :yay:

Hope everyone is having a good day. Work seems to have settled back into minor irritant, which is good. Last week was a full-fledged hurricane.

On a good note, since last Monday when I returned from WDW, I am down 7 of the 12 lbs that I gained in the 2 weeks that I ate everything that wasn't nailed down.

Hi
My name is Kelsey im 15 and i would like to Loose Weight!
i have Been Obease since i was 10 and i have gone up and down sizes. i really noticed a difference on the Scale a few weeks ago and i freaked out:eek:. i really would like to loose weight and make me feel better about myself. i am self concious and i would love to fit in a smaller size in everything. so can you guys help me get to my Weight Goal:)

My weekend was lets just say "trying." My mother came for a visit and she is a difficult individual. It is her way or the highway in EVERYTHING. She and I fought about my cousin's life (he is graduating from college in May and I stupidly wondered to her what he will be doing come June). That started a huge screaming fight for reasons I cant fathom. The of course we were watching the primaries and she started on how stupid a particular candidate is and although I don't support that particular person, I had to step in (sadly enough my mom and I support the same person! and we still fought about politics). I don't know why she is the way she is (or how I survived being raised by her), but NO ONE is allowed to disagree with her or else.
So when they left, I was just physically and emotionally exhausted (still managed to lose 2 lbs last week somehow) but yesterday was rough. I was too tired to cook dinner and the restaurant we ended up going to had nothing truly healthy on it. I chose the best thing I could think of which happened to to sautéed shrimp and pasta and a salad. And then for reasons I don't understand, I had two rolls and butter. I never thought "these are naughty but I will eat them anyway" I just ate them. I guess I was too fried to even think about food. This morning I got up and did the "what did you do!":eek: thing, but the damage was done. I fell asleep a little after 8 on the couch last night, somehow found my way to bed when my fiancé woke me to go to bed and woke up at 7 this morning (supposed to be in work at 7 :scared1: ). I did make it to my yogalates class last night and get all of my steps in so I think I will call the day a wash. As for today, I over slept as I said so I did not do any exercising before work so I will have to do it after work which I hate.
Oh and valentines day is this week, so we be eating some very bad things. I think this might be a maintaining week for me! :laughing:

hey all...

Sorry I have been MIA besides being busy I fell off the wagon a bit last week so I wasn't around :sad2: I hope everyone is well!

Maria- I had a great weekend if you don't count the fact that all I ate was crap... LOL!!!

Have a magical day!
Sarah

Raenstoirm- I know how you feel. I woke up 2 hours late today, so even though I don't have a job, my day is shot so far. I'll do some bellydancing and get back on track, even though all I'd like to do is go back to sleep.

I am lucky in work. I am senior staff and the President (my boss) doesn't really care what I do as long as my work gets done. I am a schedule person though and it just throws my whole day off to have to go vote after work (MD votes today) and then take the dog for a walk in the terrible storm that is coming and then get changed and do some sort of exercise at home since I don't think i will head to the gym if the weather is as bad as they are predicting. I would like to just take my time emptying the dishwasher and doing laundry tonight! I know how to have fun!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter