14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS...MARDI GRAS-MINIONS-HARRY & MORE...MARCH 2019 TR

Carole we’ve been shut out of Homecoming every time we spur of the moment stop by DTD. Might be easier at lunch time. Disney does accept their version of ADRs. Some of the restuarants there are also on open table.

Sans reservations, we usually wind up at the Polite Pig, a counter serve BBQ joint. Several early evenings they have a musician outside.

I’d like to say we’ve avoided: planet hollywood, T-Rex and Rainforest sites there, but the kids clamored. Run away :)

Other quick serves that we enjoy: blaze pizza, deluxe burger & earl of sandwich (usually a zoo).

We ate at Splitsville when we went a couple years ago. They had such amazing sushi and DF loved his burger! Plus if you can also bowl.

Just finished up your last report and now you are leaving again!!

lol...….shouldn't be too long till new one starts once we are home......I do plan to finish this one in a timely capacity!!!!! Hopefully.......::yes::

My personal favorite hangout. I have “my spot” outside on the boat and “my” drink and have “wings” from here.

love this place too!

the strongest drink I had during HHN last year, whew it was a one drink night :laughing:
And what??! No Strongwater Tavern on this list:scared1:

Love this shop! Lots of HM stuff!

There it is!
you need backyard chickens! My girls eat everything! Even frogs -poor things- they pecked a snake a couple years ago until it gave up the frog it was trying to swallow, the hens then fought over the frog:faint:. Hmm haven’t seen the snake (common garden snake) in awhile. Hope he didn’t freeze this winter- keeps the mice and mole population down!

Sounds like a lovely trip Carole. Definitely get to Disney Springs but yeah- go early. It’s quite lovely now with lots of places to eat and shop. Loved Morimotos, we were going to do Boathouse or Homecomin last trip but neither really appealed to us in the moment. Don’t remember where we ended up that day...some where in LBV. We’ve done so many restaurants in DS over past two years yet have somehow never managed Boathouse or Homecomin yet lol.im hoping the “Citywalk 2.0” when Uni gets the the new park and hotels up and running is more expanded like Disney Springs.

And down to ?7 sleeps til overnight at airport?

lol.....it wouldn't be trip without at least five visits to Strong Water Bar...….::yes::

Yes, there are many choices for decent cocktails......and Chez Alcatraz is one that never disappoints....and yep, very strong!!!!

Have you had a cocktail from Finnegans? Now, I`m not a huge fan of the place for food, but drinks are fabulous...….

Yes, we thought we`d go for lunch rather than an evening as it should be quieter.....I think we`ll decide on the day where to eat....see what`s available really.....I`d be rubbish if I had to actually plan a trip really!!!! Heck it`s almost 2.30pm here and still haven't decided what we`re having for dinner tonight!!!!

5 more sleeps now...….::yes::

I have binge read all your trip reports over the last week.... is it wrong of me to be sad to have finished!
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely reports.
I’m so excited for your upcoming trip.
P.S I love your husbands smile .

WELCOME
along to Portofinogirl23...….

So glad you posted!!!!

And I love you have read them all in short period of time.....that is impressive!!! I know I get a little sad when one finishes as I love the memories they all have......but I`m glad you enjoyed them...….

Yep, we are incredibly excited to get away next weekend...….will be glad to have you along for this one too.....and will pass on your lovely comments about Tom......he`ll like that too...….

Hope you enjoy this one when it starts properly...…..:)

We ate at Splitsville when we went a couple years ago. They had such amazing sushi and DF loved his burger! Plus if you can also bowl.

Hadn`t heard of Splitsville…...but we don't bowl (how dull do we sound lol) but we always research a good burger and sushi!!!! ::yes::

I want some so bad but our HOA won't let us have them. :sad1: My forever home is going to be in the country and I'm going to have lots of chickens!

Carole, You're getting so close to your trip now!! How exciting! Enjoy the wedding!

Thanks.....we had an absolute blast!! Beautiful day and we were so happy to be there...…..:)

Carole we’ve been shut out of Homecoming every time we spur of the moment stop by DTD. Might be easier at lunch time. Disney does accept their version of ADRs. Some of the restuarants there are also on open table.

Sans reservations, we usually wind up at the Polite Pig, a counter serve BBQ joint. Several early evenings they have a musician outside.

I’d like to say we’ve avoided: planet hollywood, T-Rex and Rainforest sites there, but the kids clamored. Run away :)

Other quick serves that we enjoy: blaze pizza, deluxe burger & earl of sandwich (usually a zoo).

Yes, we hope lunchtime will be much easier to eat where we want to...….I will take your previous advice on the parking garage too!!!

If we do end up counter service Polite Pig is one I`d heard about too.....

Oh goodness yes, Rainforest, T Rex and Planet Hollywood are ones I`d rather starve than eat in......we did Planet Hollywood once before......heck it made the Hard Rock Café seem quiet as the grave!!!! Too many noisy screaming kids...…and I know everyone loves EOS...….not for me.....I don't get the hype.

So many good choices though...….oh forgot about Blaze Pizza......heard about that one too......::yes::

Looking forward to this report! Currently making my way through your others since this September we are doing a short trip without the kids to try out Universal!

Looking forward to this report! Currently making my way through your others since this September we are doing a short trip without the kids to try out Universal!

WELCOME along SpecEdismyLife……….:wave2:

How lovely......a child free trip!!!! I hope you love Universal and it becomes a regular place for you to visit.....September is a fabulous time to visit...….dare I ask if you`ll be enjoying HHN since it`s that time of year :thumbsup2......I know it`s not for everyone, but wow is it a lot of fun!!!!

And hope you enjoy the trip reports a lot......there are one or two of them...lol.....and this one too, I`m so glad you posted and look forward to more comments along the way...…..::yes::

WELCOME along SpecEdismyLife……….:wave2:

How lovely......a child free trip!!!! I hope you love Universal and it becomes a regular place for you to visit.....September is a fabulous time to visit...….dare I ask if you`ll be enjoying HHN since it`s that time of year :thumbsup2......I know it`s not for everyone, but wow is it a lot of fun!!!!

And hope you enjoy the trip reports a lot......there are one or two of them...lol.....and this one too, I`m so glad you posted and look forward to more comments along the way...…..::yes::

Hello! I'm enjoying your report from Last Sept/Oct immensely! We weren't planning on going to HHN but your report is making me rethink it!! I think we might do it! Thank you!

Hello! I'm enjoying your report from Last Sept/Oct immensely! We weren't planning on going to HHN but your report is making me rethink it!! I think we might do it! Thank you!

YAY!!!!

Another convert........it really is an amazing event.......so much fun!!! With it being a no kids trip, this would be an ideal fun evening without them.......although it is addictive!!! :D

Absolutely........

I remember our first HHN in 2007, it was Jack’s Carnival of Carnage........one visit and we were hooked!!! Amazing event and some of our best nights in September and October have involved HHN!!!

2 MORE SLEEPS TILL WE LEAVE

So, we are down to those final sleeps till we leave for our overnight at the airport...….

That is always something we so look forward to as it is an integral part of our trip, the overnight at the airport hotel......once we are at the Radisson, our trip has begun......although last September our trip kind of began on the train on the way over .....but there`s usually wine or sparkly involved to let us know trip has started...…..

It`s always a relaxing time and I usually send a picture of Tom and I supping some fizz to a few folks to also say....yep trip has begun……party:

We both love flying.....I did used to be a little wary of it, my very first flight was hilarious, not for me, but everyone watching found it funny apparently...........but now I love it and I`m one of the few folks I know who doesn't mind turbulence and can actually sleep through it......I genuinely marvel at the take off though.....I still live in awe of how those majestic beasts that are Jumbo Jets ever get off the ground!!! I understand the engineering side of it and can explain it to folks.....but to see it......never fails to impress me every time...…

Not to say a few things don't go through our curious little minds before we fly...….::yes::

This kid wouldn't last one minute doing this...……

And of course the ever famous "get off the plane" scene that we joke about every time...

We did have a giggle to ourselves once when we heard a woman laughingly say to her husband as we boarded the plane she hoped they`d checked the phalange...…..once a Friends fan......always a Friends fan...….

The flight is usually around 8.5 to 9 hours long......and of course the hours before we actually take off, so it does make it a long day..….we can very rarely sleep well the night before (who does) so to say we are shattered when we arrive is an understatement....but something kicks in and we manage somehow.....

The flight usually passes not too bad......by the time we watch a movie or two, get fed twice along with drinks and snacks, then a snooze hopefully...... before we know it we`re almost there......once we have our suitcases.....we`re almost home...….

I usually pack the morning we leave, I`m not much of an advance packer...….but will be a little busy tomorrow and the car service is picking us up at 9am. Should take around four and half hours now to get to the airport. I always estimate from where we used to live......doh moment!!!!

We have one plan for a dis-meet so far.....we have arranged to meet the lovely J`aime Paris for some food and drinks in Sapphire Falls......we do love meeting up with folks and have met many friends over the years by meeting folks from here and other sites too. I do have one real life friend who thinks it`s all a bit odd meeting folks from online message boards......her words always ring in my brain at times...….but, haven't met a weird person yet....of course maybe some think we`re the weird ones!!!

But, it`s always been a fun atmosphere whenever we meet folks...…..

And of course the best bit about meeting strangers from the internet, is they always become friends...….:hug:

Thankfully this has NEVER happened with anyone we`ve met...…….

We have seen the Orlando forecast and although yesterday and today didn't look too warm, looks like it`ll be glorious by the time we arrive.......that's what we like to hear......we love the heat and sunshine, although we are prepared for any kind of weather as it is early in the season...….but 14 days of wall to wall sunshine and lots of heat will be perfect if that could be arranged we`d be eternally grateful...….:laughing:

Not sure how many times I`ll pop on while we`re away...….we still have all day tomorrow to get organised of course......but I do tend to have a mooch on the Dis at some point while we`re in Orlando as we do like some down time to chill out while we`re there...

Thank you for all your lovely comments so far...….I appreciate each and every one of them......and look forward to documenting this trip again when we get home, in the hope some folks enjoy it....

So for now

Looking forward to our meet up Carole!
If you love Friends and Seinfeld, we will get along great!!! (Love the Phalange reference:teeth:)

Hello Schumigirl,
I just found this report, we are going to stay at Sapphire Falls for the first time on March 9th!
then we are going to HRH the following night for the express passes. I wanted to thank you for all the wonderful information that you post!
now we are going to have to go to Strong water bar for sure! and some other places as well to try some drinks and appetizers ( we also like to go to bars and try drinks and different foods)
We are flying out of DFW TX. We are going to have more time to try to do different things during this trip, since we are not doing the Disney Parks( still hurts even to say it), but we are going back for Christmas with extended family, to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday ! so we won't buy new AP s until later on.Its going to be my DH, DS (22y/o) and my 16 y/o DD.

I was going to comment on the weather being cold. Good to see it will be nice and warm by the time you arrive! We will be there in May and hoping for beautiful weather with minimal rain. We had too much rain and cold in Feb when we were down. Also, last May rained a ton too. *fingers crossed*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter