13.1 You Wish Upon A Star...a Tink Race and Mother's Day Trip Report! (complete)

Okay, you're officially making me want to go to Disneyland to run a race.

You should one day!!! I feel like it's a easier to make a DL trip a bit more affordable that WDW given all the nearby non-official hotels, etc. But that is a loooong flight for you. You still should one day!

Fantastic trip report!!! I am SO PROUD of you!! Really happy that you such a great weekend and you smashed that half marathon! You are so speedy!

Your race photos are great, you look so happy in all of them. The last night sounds like great fun and I can totally empathise with the over tired sore feet feeling!

Your hubby is adorable, the photo frame, cake and the shoe are all so thoughtful.

Reading this has made me even more keen to visit California, I think realistically it’s going to be 2019 for us but it IS going to happen. I also really enjoyed reading input from both you and @AuntieBean, Rachel was saying that she’d like to input in our next trip report but that’s mainly because I take AGES to update lol :oops:

I’m going to go catch up on your journal now :D

Yes, tell Rachel to add on stuff because I'm a TR junkie and love reading more things. Maybe I'll go do a DL race in 2019 too. My journal doesn't have a lot of running in it right now, but that will be rectified soon since I'm running again :)

Joining in! I went about a week after you. Your mom sounds awesome! ♡♡♡

How were the crowds your week? Did it die down after Mother's Day weekend/Race stuff was over?
And yeah, my mom's pretty cool :)

I build US Navy submarines for a living, LOL!!
That's amazing! I'm guessing yours are not bright yellow and full of little benches and portholes. I contribute to the building of things like jumbo-trons/ferris wheels/outdoor bridges/luge tracks, etc. But your job seems infinitely more important :)

That's amazing! I'm guessing yours are not bright yellow and full of little benches and portholes. I contribute to the building of things like jumbo-trons/ferris wheels/outdoor bridges/luge tracks, etc. But your job seems infinitely more important :)
Ha, well. We have many safety requirements. And my boats can shoot things! So there's that. I'd link you to a nifty video we have on YouTube, but I'm not sure that's allowed? Look up "SSN 787 timelapse" on YouTube, and you can see the last boat. It's not scary, I promise. It's like a humble sea cow.

In other things, did you start running with Couch to 5k, by chance? I'm thinking about it after I deliver the baby in mah belly.

Ha, well. We have many safety requirements. And my boats can shoot things! So there's that. I'd link you to a nifty video we have on YouTube, but I'm not sure that's allowed? Look up "SSN 787 timelapse" on YouTube, and you can see the last boat. It's not scary, I promise. It's like a humble sea cow.

In other things, did you start running with Couch to 5k, by chance? I'm thinking about it after I deliver the baby in mah belly.

I did start running with Couch to 5k! I used the active.com app but I know there's a lot of different options out there. I wasn't sure if I'd be "good" at straight running or if run/walk would be more my thing so I liked that I started with easy intervals of running and walking and that the app did all the "work for me" in telling me when to walk again and run again. Once I got over the hurdle of running for 20 minutes straight (which isn't so easy when you are new to it) I found I really enjoyed just running and so I started running 5ks straight (well often with a few little rest walk breaks thrown in there.) And then I just kept building up my endurance from there. I have a coach @DopeyBadger from disboards who makes me custom plans based on my goals and my lifestyle and it involves easy workouts thrown in with some tougher ones but around 80% of all workouts are in the "easy" range. So I guess in summary...TRY COUCH 2 5k...reach out to us on the The Rundisney thread or in my journal if you need help. And if you graduate from C25k and want to keep going..reach out to Dopeybadger. That's my advise :)

edited to add that I started running with a very tiny kiddo as a way to get active after being pregnant, so it can be done!

Last edited:
I am sooooo far behind - but loved reading your report. Totally transported me back to that amazing weekend - I miss it!

My one regret was not seeing the electrical
Parade - so seeing your pictures made me jealous! That and the Dismeet- so fun!

Amazing amazing job with the race!! You just look awesome the whole way.

When's your next one?! ;) (this was around the time after PHM that I signed up
For Tink! This stuff is seriously
Addictive!)

I am sooooo far behind - but loved reading your report. Totally transported me back to that amazing weekend - I miss it!

My one regret was not seeing the electrical
Parade - so seeing your pictures made me jealous! That and the Dismeet- so fun!

Amazing amazing job with the race!! You just look awesome the whole way.

When's your next one?! ;) (this was around the time after PHM that I signed up
For Tink! This stuff is seriously
Addictive!)

My next rundisney race is Wine N Dine 5k coming up in November. Hubby will be doing the longer run while I hang out with my little princess this time. Kind of looking forward to trying to run my slowest 5k ever aka stopping for every possible character stop. I just hope there are more than like 1.

Love all your pics @AuntieBean . I love me some Pooh Bear and Eeyore!

I do too! Eeyore and Pooh were the first characters my kiddo ever met back at WDW Chystal Palace so they have a special place in my heart :)

Pooh was my son's favorite and well into his teen years he still slept with the Pooh plushie we bought him on our first Disney trip. He still likes Pooh today - as evidenced by our trip this past January.
IMG_3401_zpsmi9b7ibp.jpg

Even if he did misspell Pooh. ;)

Pooh was my son's favorite and well into his teen years he still slept with the Pooh plushie we bought him on our first Disney trip. He still likes Pooh today - as evidenced by our trip this past January.
IMG_3401_zpsmi9b7ibp.jpg

Even if he did misspell Pooh. ;)

Haha, this is great!

@ZellyB Another Pooh (not Poo) story. When my dad and mom began dating in college he gave her a pretty big plush Pooh Bear. It was her first ever teddy bear that was just hers, since she came from an enormous irish catholic family that often had to share. I forgot all about that until now :)

@ZellyB Another Pooh (not Poo) story. When my dad and mom began dating in college he gave her a pretty big plush Pooh Bear. It was her first ever teddy bear that was just hers, since she came from an enormous irish catholic family that often had to share. I forgot all about that until now :)

So sweet!! In the words of Pooh, "Sometimes, said Pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." :lovestruc

Wow, so many Pixie Points for roxyhubby!! :tinker::tinker::tinker: He is so thoughtful!!

You really did have the best day ever - HOW did you manage to close the park down? I was done at like 8PM!

So happy that you had such a great race - you worked so hard for it and you deserved it! Thanks for the extra photos @AuntieBean, loved reading and seeing everything from your perspective! :)

Wow, so many Pixie Points for roxyhubby!! :tinker::tinker::tinker: He is so thoughtful!!

You really did have the best day ever - HOW did you manage to close the park down? I was done at like 8PM!

So happy that you had such a great race - you worked so hard for it and you deserved it! Thanks for the extra photos @AuntieBean, loved reading and seeing everything from your perspective! :)

I honestly think half marathon training provided me the endurance to stay in the park that long. Or maybe it was actually because I knew it was my last day and I didn't want to leave. Or my brain had stopped functioning and I was running solely on pixie dust and macaroni???

Wonderful Trip Report! My family of WDW vets are going to DL for the first time in a few weeks. I've just started reading TRs (yours was my second) and you definitely made me want to run a Disney race! My dd15 is the runner in the family and she would love to do a Disney half, although I think she would have a hard time making herself stop for all the fun photo ops. I'm glad you talked about CarsLand lighting up. We are huge Cars fans and I'll put that on my "must do" list. We were at Osbourne Lights one time for the lights coming on and it was so magical. And finally, it was so nice to read your sister's perspective too. I'm always the one cheering my dd on at races and I swear that sometimes I have more fun than she does.

Wonderful Trip Report! My family of WDW vets are going to DL for the first time in a few weeks. I've just started reading TRs (yours was my second) and you definitely made me want to run a Disney race! My dd15 is the runner in the family and she would love to do a Disney half, although I think she would have a hard time making herself stop for all the fun photo ops. I'm glad you talked about CarsLand lighting up. We are huge Cars fans and I'll put that on my "must do" list. We were at Osbourne Lights one time for the lights coming on and it was so magical. And finally, it was so nice to read your sister's perspective too. I'm always the one cheering my dd on at races and I swear that sometimes I have more fun than she does.

Thank you for stopping by and reading through my report. I was also a veteran race spectator as I had family that were runners and I only started running myself in 2015. Your DD should try one of these rundisney races out! (Good excuse to go to Disney too) Even if she doesn't want to stop for characters...it's really fun to see them on course. I ran past several but I still enjoyed seeing them. And then she could always do what I did and get character pics inside the park with her medal!
Carsland at night is pretty great! :) Hope you have a fun trip!

What an awesome trip and sister TR!!
I so enjoyed reading both of your takes on the trip!
I only have a brother and this TR totally made me want a sister!
Congrats on your half roxymama! We knew you could do it!
And.....now I need to go to DisneyLand!

What an awesome trip and sister TR!!
I so enjoyed reading both of your takes on the trip!
I only have a brother and this TR totally made me want a sister!
Congrats on your half roxymama! We knew you could do it!
And.....now I need to go to DisneyLand!

Yes, Go To Disneyland :)!!

Awesome TR! I loved following along in your half journey.

Thanks so much!

Last Day at Disney - post brunch!

We spotted Moana a few times next to the Jungle Cruise but I didn't want to wait in line ...I wanted to ride Pirates! Pie-rats!!

IMG_6212.JPG

We walked over and got a wheelchair pass for Mom and then scooted to Winnie the Pooh. That hill going to Winnie and back - my calves felt it pushing Mom's chair. The ride was very cute and bright and wiggly.

IMG_6213.JPG

It was still pretty crowded on Sunday but I felt like the it wasn't crushing like on Saturday.

IMG_6214.JPG

We got stuck on Pirates for awhile so I got this photo towards the end of the ride. I was very shrieky when we realized we were going to get wet on the ride and tried to protect Roxymamamama with my arms since she was in the middle :) I definitely thought this version was more spooky at the beginning and more atmospheric than WDW.

IMG_6215.JPG

As Roxymama said - we split up and I rerode it's a small world with the Mamamama - with all the cute Disney characters smooshed into the ride, I wanted to get some more photos of my favorites

IMG_6216.JPG IMG_6217.JPG IMG_6218.JPG

I love the cute theming in the line for Tink - little tiny fairy houses and boats and then as you get closer to her, the plants get bigger and soon you are smaller than blades of grass looming over your head.

IMG_6219.JPG

Look, Tink and Roxymama are barely bigger than a spool o thread!

IMG_6220.JPG

I had to eat more Mickey shaped food - this was delish

IMG_6221.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter