1200 Loop a ghost town!

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
Here at the Fort now and noted on the way back from the pool that the 1200 loop is completely empty. You can still drive through, and 1300 is in use, but 1200 is eerily empty. Anyone know what’s up?

Wow! In the middle of the Summer, seems odd unless there is a major issue. I know they take whole loops out for maintenance/rehab during the slower winter months, but not July.

j

They may be clearing it out (not letting any new arrivals in there, letting current guests leave on out) to do maintenance at an entire loop level. They've done this before - vacate an entire loop and work on drainage, electrical, water, etc. as Teamubr says.

Actually, if you look at the rate tables and read them like tea leaves, yes summer is actually a sort of slow time to get that kind of work done. Especially when you consider we are coming into the end of July and into August which is when the discounts (the only ones offered to the general public) are usually available.

They don't do that kind of mass infrastructure work during spring break or Christmas but I would consider the week leading into August as approaching a slow time.

(now watch Teamubr's gonna bust my chops).

Bama Ed

PS - and Marty, don't think I didn't notice the mention of yet another mickeyfan0805 visit to the Fort (jealous even if it is a Bama-Ed "no-go" time of year). Was this the kids' surprise trip? Using those AP's while you got 'em? My memory is a little weak - comes with getting old....

I would consider the week leading into August as approaching a slow time.

(now watch Teamubr's gonna bust my chops).
:lmao: Bust your chops? Now that's funny. Ed has forgotten more about the Fort than I ever knew.

After years of being relegated to J,J,A due to school schedules, I didn't think there was a Summer period that was less than a "9" until mid-August. Maybe it was the heat stroke or that I only ventured between Loops 100/200, the Settlement and the bus stops.

This Summer has reportedly been much slower than recent years, at least in the parks. Maybe management looked at forward bookings and decided they could get away with closing loops for maintenance.

j

:lmao: Bust your chops? Now that's funny. Ed has forgotten more about the Fort than I ever knew.

After years of being relegated to J,J,A due to school schedules, I didn't think there was a Summer period that was less than a "9" until mid-August. Maybe it was the heat stroke or that I only ventured between Loops 100/200, the Settlement and the bus stops.

This Summer has reportedly been much slower than recent years, at least in the parks. Maybe management looked at forward bookings and decided they could get away with closing loops for maintenance.

j

They saw you were on the schedule for a September trip and figured they would preemptively cut trees before......so there is not a repeat of last year.

Probably getting rid of all the brush to so your neighbors can watch you better.

Marty, don't think I didn't notice the mention of yet another mickeyfan0805 visit to the Fort (jealous even if it is a Bama-Ed "no-go" time of year). Was this the kids' surprise trip? Using those AP's while you got 'em? My memory is a little weak - comes with getting old....

Yep - that's it. Actually starting a trip report over here. Haven't done one before, but I thought it would be fun. Currently waiting for images to download from Disney, so it may take a day or two to wrap up the report, but I'll get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter