12/27/2018. Insane. That is all.

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
Our last day was at MK. OMG what a mess! The crowds were over the top but for some strange reason, I still like this time of year better than any other time we have come to WDW. Maybe it's The Beach Club? Maybe it's the cool weather and no rain? Maybe it's because everyone seems to be more polite? Not really sure. Probably a combo of all the above and the Christmas theme in all the parks and resorts. Anyway, today started out late as usual. We planned on getting to the park at 7:00 but didn't get out of bed till 8:00. We finally arrived at MK a little after 10:00. On top of that, we had a Crystal Palace ADR at 3:40. How in the world were we going to get in any rides? We had our FP booked and a little luck gave us a few multi experience fastpasses the day before. We didn't use them but our concierge was able to move to today. Our first FP was at 11:00 for 7DMT so me and DD7 did Space while my wife and DD5 (today was her birthday) rode Buzz. We then headed to 7DMT, after that we had a FP for Splash at 12:00 so we did HM on the way to it. When we got to splash is was down so or FP was converted to a multi experience pass. We did Big Thunder and when we got off Splash was running so we jumped in line. After that we headed all the way back to fantasy land and rode Pooh. Then to the barnstormer, Dumbo then my wife and DD5 rode the Teacups while me and DD7 rode Space again. We were going to do People mover but the line was way too long and we would have missed our ADR. We arrived at Crystal Palace at 3:20 for our 3:40 ADR. After 2 hours there, we all left with a full belly and came back to the resort to freshen up before our Dessert Viewing for Fantasmic. All in all, the day went great! Yes the crowds were insane but I would do it all over again. That's why I am booking the same week next year :) Even with the crazy crowds, we did a total of 11? rides. Space, Buzz, 7DMT, HM, Big Thunder, Splash, Pooh, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Teacups, Space again. All in 5 hours. I call it a success!

Security wasn't that bad at 10:22
IMG_5159.jpg

Now to get in. Good thing the AP line was short!
IMG_5161.jpg

This don't look too bad!
IMG_5162.jpg

Crap! We shouldn't have made that right turn! 10:36am
IMG_5163.jpg

10:41, a little break in the crowds.
IMG_5164.jpg

11:43 Yes we are in the FP line for Haunted Mansion.
IMG_5168.jpg

12:27. Just got off Big Thunder.
IMG_5171.jpg

1:28, headed to Pooh.
IMG_5173.jpg

Kids look happy, wife not so much lol :)
IMG_5209.jpg

Minnie Tahoe?? Just had to take a pic of it. I thought they were all the Traverse.
IMG_5212.jpg

I have way more pics, I may do a complete trip report but I have to take the time to get it all ready. Till next trip!!

Terrific attitude and great experience! Love the visuals to go along with the story! Yeah crowds crazy at Universal too but we are still having fun!

Just read all your TR for xmas week. We are planning ours for 2019 and I'm SCARED and EXCITED! I see you stayed CL. Did you participate in the CL FP program?

Just read all your TR for xmas week. We are planning ours for 2019 and I'm SCARED and EXCITED! I see you stayed CL. Did you participate in the CL FP program?
Not this time. We did the CL program in September but when we decided to go Christmas week we were way past the 90 days so we didn't do it. The CL FP has it's advantages but it also ties you to the park for 6 hours so I did the app refresh and we were able to ride a lot all week. We are also going back Christmas this year. Beach Club booked and paid for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter