$1196 for 1 night in hotel and 1 day tickets for 3 seems very expensive!

mala55

Mouseketeer
We are planning a family trip this summer to UK and Paris. We would like to visit DLP for a day. I was thinking it might be easier and nicer if we stayed a night or two at DLP (maybe could get the night before our full day in a the Parks) . I was a bit shocked to see that one night and 1 day of tickets (3) was $1196. This was for the Newport Bay, but the others were also all over $1k as well. I'm now thinking we will stay in Paris and take a train or a shuttle to DLP, but worried we will be too rushed. I would like to be at the Parks for Opening and stay until Close. I imagine we will be exhausted trekking back to Paris, but don't have much of a choice at these prices.

How did you manage your day trip from Paris to DLP? Did you get to experience in full both parks? How was the transportation between DLP and Paris? Were you exhausted and hated the return trip toParis?

If you stayed at DLP, did you think the expense was worth it?

Any insight or suggestions welcome. Thanks

If you are going in summer the main park wont close until approx 11pm when the evening show is held so it will be a very long day.

Have a look at other countries sites rather then just looking at the American site - its perfectly ok to book on any site and get whatever offer is on. The American site is usually more expensive than others.

The price also includes tickets for all the days you are there includng day of arrival and departure so if you book one night you get 2 days tickets/ 2 nights its 3 days tickets etc

As mentioned above, if you are just going for one day, you probably don't want a package, because you're paying for a second day of tickets you won't use. I would recommend buying tickets and hotel stay separately in that event. The Disney hotels are generally available on 3rd party booking sites without tickets (hotels.com, expedia.com, expedia.co.uk) and are eligible for coupons on those sites. Also, checking other countries' sites is a good idea, because they are often substantially cheaper. You could also stay at an off-site hotel nearby, but then you lose the benefit of early entry.

For two nights in February I paid £130/$170 for a room at the Santa Fe hotel, which is the cheapest hotel on property, but still. Tickets to the park can be as cheap as £43/$55 per adult depending on the day and month you're travelling. For goodness sake, DON'T book a package through the US site for DLP, it's probably the most expensive way to travel! Even buying tickets on the gate will be cheaper.

As above that includes 2 day park hoppers. You are paying extra to stay onsite so if you want a cheaper trip you could stay at a good neighbor hotel by booking room only somewhere like orbitz/Expedia. For a Disney hotel you are looking at paying around $300+ for the room in summer. (May-June will be cheaper but July-August are peak). A neighbor hotel with free shuttles/25-30min walk are around half that price. The benefits of the Disney hotel are extra magic hour and there are characters in the lobby each morning. I enjoy it but we go for a number of nights and it’s our main trip. I also don’t think for one night you would get the most out of one of the more expensive Disney hotels - the Cheyenne is perfect to sleep in and has nice theming. Considering if you stayed onsite for 1-2 nights you wouldn’t spend much time on the hotel at extra magic is at 8.30 and the park will close at 11.

Tickets online from websites like attractiontix are around $70 for a day park hopper. On the Disneyland website it will be more and on the gate it will be most expensive.

Great information| Just as preliminary research, booking hotel through Expedia and tickets through attractionix provides significant savings.

I can see now that the Disneyland Paris package includes 2 days of tickets. Still very expensive compared to booking outside of Disney, but those second day of tickets does make a big price difference and we dont need them.

Thanks

Great information| Just as preliminary research, booking hotel through Expedia and tickets through attractionix provides significant savings.

I can see now that the Disneyland Paris package includes 2 days of tickets. Still very expensive compared to booking outside of Disney, but those second day of tickets does make a big price difference and we dont need them.

Thanks

I wouldn't immediately give up on getting 2 day tickets, because you don't need the 2nd day ticket. Not for a full day perhaps. As mentioned, in the summer the parks are open till 11. So even when you finish dinner at 7, you would still be able to get 4 hours to already get a flavour of the park, get yourself familiar with the layout, see the evening entertainment.

I wouldn't immediately give up on getting 2 day tickets, because you don't need the 2nd day ticket. Not for a full day perhaps. As mentioned, in the summer the parks are open till 11. So even when you finish dinner at 7, you would still be able to get 4 hours to already get a flavour of the park, get yourself familiar with the layout, see the evening entertainment.

Yes I was going to say that as well.
OP you could spend that day in Paris and head to DLP by train late afternoon. Even if you arrive at 5/6 you will have about 5 hours in the main park to do a few rides and have chance to look round and see the night show. This means the following day you dont have to stay to watch it if you dont want to and can leave slightly earlier.

I, like you, thought for sure I would book a room only from a third party site and buy the tickets on my own. Well, when I saw the 25% off room and tickets plus free half board I decided to go that route. Even booking on the expensive American site, when I backed out the cost of the tickets as well as the half board, our room at the Disneyland Hotel appears to be around $550/night. Haven’t seen a rate anywhere close to that in July so just make sure you check all your options.

I’ve never been one to buy a dining plan, but coming from abroad, and knowing that this might be our only trip there, I’m excited to try some of the sit down restaurants without the worry of the cost.

a cheaper option would be to stay one station away (Val d'Europe). There's an Ibis and Ibis budget hotel there and it's easy to take the train to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter