11 park days! Fun times!

cesariofamily

Mouseketeer
Hello welcome to my trip report. We took an 11 day trip to Orlando and spent 8 days at Disney World and 3 days at Universal. Our travel dates were July 13-24. We stayed at 3 different properties and traveled with two other families. My family consisted of my husband and our three daughters ages 24, 13 and 11. We have been to Disney World, Disney Land, and Universal in Florida before although we don't go every year. We had been planning an extra long visit to Disney World for two years and were very excited. We did have some extra challenges because my 11 DD broke her leg in May. The day before we left for Florida she was able to swap her (non waterproof) full leg cast for a water proof half leg cast:) Also my 13 DD has type 1 diabetes. I'll try to include some details about that incase any other families face these challenges!
s!AgnhWJ_YWBFChKZC9IyugazIMbM6dw

We decided to purchase the transfer chair in the picture as it was cheaper than renting. It was very light weight and made it easy to use for the entire time my daughter was in a cast. She could not wheel herself but was able to use crutches so she could get around on her own.

We had some delays with our flight but we were able to get switched to an earlier flight. Since DD 11 was in a wheel chair we did get to sit together on the flight. We were also able to board first. This was helpful since it was the first day in the new cast and she was sore and going slow.

Also in the picture is one member of the family we drove with we met our friends in Florida. That family has mom, dad and twin boys 5 years old and a daughter 27. The ff 27 came with us on our flight:) She is friends with our DD 24.

We arrived in FLA and my husband went to get the rental van. The DDs and I got magical express. It was neither magical nor express. our FF27 also got magical express but her bus left quickly for the Poly. We stayed at Caribbean Beach. We waited over an hour for the bus. Then we froze our tootsies off on the bus that was crazy cold. When we arrived crutches and wheel chair in tow we had no idea where to go in this huge huge resort. We had done pre arrival check in and had our room number but struggled to figure out where to go. We were told to go outside and wait for the shuttle to get to the right Island:( I almost cried. I was tired and had a long day with delays, difficulty getting on the bus and wheel chairs. I called my husband and he picked us up in the rental van. This was not a good first impression for Caribbean Beach.

Next up settling in.

Last edited:
I am having trouble getting pictures to load? Any help???

We arrived at our room at Caribbean Beach and we had a nice room with a fridge, microwave and an extra pull down bed. Which is a couch that you pull the back down and its a bed. The bathroom was good for families with a separate toilet and a sliding door that separates the vanity/sink from the rest of the room. It had a shelf and hooks which I liked. It had the pump dispense shampoo and conditioner. We had our swimsuits with us but we put them on and went to the pool. I had ordered pizza to the room. I thought the price of the pizza was reasonable considered it was being delivered at your hotel. The cost for single serve bottles of pop and water were outrageous at $ 3.50 The small pool was close to the room. We had a bit of trouble navigating with the wheelchair as there were a few steps to the pool everywhere. The pizza was Disney pizza and we were hungry and ate without complaint.

The resort was under construction. That didn't bother us at all. I found the construction rather interesting and we didn't have issues with noise. We got a deal for it. Since we needed space for $5 that was the cheapest. I'll post some pics if I can figure out how???

Next up: Early Morning at Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter