11 month booking ? - First day not available

I think it is because you can book 11 months plus 7 days? Tomorrow the 29th won’t be grayed out and it will March forward from there, next day the 30th, next day the 31st.... Somebody please correct me if I have it wrong.

I was on right at 8:00 AM EST and I managed to book a Std. View BWV studio. I'm still waitlisted for 12/20 but I'm hoping that it will open up as the walkers move forward. If it comes thru, I'll be spending 3 weeks in Disney at Christmas. I got a week in an AKV Value, 8 nights in a BWV std. view studio and then (hopefully) a week in a VGF lake view studio. I need to modify my VGF reservation once the BWV waitlist comes thru. It will be my first time to be in Disney on Christmas!

ETA: The waitlist came thru shortly after 9:00 AM EST, which I guess is when the walkers called MS to give up that night! Now I can modify my VGF reservation,
I called right at 9 am to change my reservation since I knew someone would want that room :) Our plans have been bumped back by a day so I figured that someone would be happy!

I was on right at 8:00 AM EST and I managed to book a Std. View BWV studio. I'm still waitlisted for 12/20 but I'm hoping that it will open up as the walkers move forward. If it comes thru, I'll be spending 3 weeks in Disney at Christmas. I got a week in an AKV Value, 8 nights in a BWV std. view studio and then (hopefully) a week in a VGF lake view studio. I need to modify my VGF reservation once the BWV waitlist comes thru. It will be my first time to be in Disney on Christmas!

ETA: The waitlist came thru shortly after 9:00 AM EST, which I guess is when the walkers called MS to give up that night! Now I can modify my VGF reservation,

I was able to get 2 standard view studios for 12/16-12/23, so I will be there right before Christmas.

I'm hoping to book a Boardwalk standard view when my 11-month booking window opens up next week. I've been checking availability just to see what my chances are going to be. Every morning when I check, the first day is unavailable, but the entire rest of the week stay is open. But you can't book just the following days because the booking window isn't open for them yet.

How does this happen? Are people adding on a day at the end of their reservation? Should I be trying to do this as well? (i.e. book something a few days early, then keep calling to modify the reservation?)

If I book the morning my window opens and only boardwalk or garden view is available for the first day, can I make my reservation for that and then call member services and change days 2-7 of my reservation to standard view if we are willing to change rooms? It's over the holidays, so a significant point difference.

Thanks for any advice!
Welcome to one of the most annoying and aggravating things there is call "Walking." Especially at a place like BW, people use the tactic to get the dates they want one-by-one. My suggestions is to book your 2nd Option and Wait List BW. Although I've had 2 Wait List requests for BW since last August (1 for January, and 1 for February) and I'm still waiting...

Welcome to one of the most annoying and aggravating things there is call "Walking."

You should look at it as a positive. You get a second chance to get your reservation. Once at 8am est and again after a week.

What I don't understand is all the Tuesdays available at BWV standard studios in Dec. Does nobody want to stay over on a Tuesday, come on people show Tuesdays some love!!! I understand the Fri and Sat, they cost more points than the other days.

I got the reservation we wanted! 8 nights in a 2-bedroom standard view at BWV December 27 - January 4. I did end up walking it a few days. It took four mornings of logging on and being ready to book right at 8:00 a.m. before I scored a reservation. I would see availability before 8:00 a.m., but by the time I clicked through at 8 it would be gone. On day 4, I got lucky. I walked the reservation for 3 days, then added the 8th day today.

One of the cast members I spoke with said walking was the only way to get New Year's Eve or any time around the holidays in a Boardwalk standard view. I know some frown on walking, but I don't think I would have gotten this reservation otherwise. We don't have enough Boardwalk points to stay in a preferred view over this time period. We borrowed all but 2 of our 2019 Boardwalk points to make this reservation work. Looking forward to using our DVC discounted platinum passes over the holiday week and staying at an Epcot walkable resort on NYE! I might book a couple of extra nights at SSR (our other contract) so we can stay through the weekend.

Just tried at book ANY view at BWV this morning. The only view available was a Boardwalk View (which I wanted anyway) ... 12/31 was available at 7:59, gone at 8:00.01. Oh well. I waitlisted and I have a reservation at AKV.

Just tried at book ANY view at BWV this morning. The only view available was a Boardwalk View (which I wanted anyway) ... 12/31 was available at 7:59, gone at 8:00.01. Oh well. I waitlisted and I have a reservation at AKV.

1BR units still available for SV and PV. Those studios must be in really high demand and that makes snaring a 2BR impossible.

1BR units still available for SV and PV. Those studios must be in really high demand and that makes snaring a 2BR impossible.
There are only 2-3 of us (depending if my college DD comes along) so I don't need a 1BR ... nor can I afford it.

MS has been open just about 30 minutes now. Out of the 10 on site DVC resorts, only 4 of them have studios available for NYE. Those 4 are SSE, OKW, AKV & PVB.

NYE is the most difficult night of the year to book a studio.

FWIW, there are still 1 bedrooms available at all of the on-site DVC resorts for all views except:
  • Boardwalk view at BWV,
  • Value & concierge at Jambo,
  • Standard & Theme Park at BLT

No matter how the booking system works, there will always be some members who are unable to book NYE at their home resort. Demand exceeds supply. IMO, no reasonable reallocation will change that - although it might weed out a few of the competitors.

Congrats to those who got what they wanted and hope waitlists work for those who didn't.

MS has been open just about 30 minutes now. Out of the 10 on site DVC resorts, only 4 of them have studios available for NYE. Those 4 are SSE, OKW, AKV & PVB.

NYE is the most difficult night of the year to book a studio.

FWIW, there are still 1 bedrooms available at all of the on-site DVC resorts for all views except:
  • Boardwalk view at BWV,
  • Value & concierge at Jambo,
  • Standard & Theme Park at BLT

No matter how the booking system works, there will always be some members who are unable to book NYE at their home resort. Demand exceeds supply. IMO, no reasonable reallocation will change that - although it might weed out a few of the competitors.

Congrats to those who got what they wanted and hope waitlists work for those who didn't.
I usually "walk" my NYE reservation but I didn't this year. That'll teach me.

Bummer. Sorry you didn't get what you were looking for! If you really want to be in the Epcot area, Swan and Dolphin still have availability for NYE. That was going to be our backup if we didn't get BWV. (We have Starwood points). Hopefully your wait list will come through.

Bummer. Sorry you didn't get what you were looking for! If you really want to be in the Epcot area, Swan and Dolphin still have availability for NYE. That was going to be our backup if we didn't get BWV. (We have Starwood points). Hopefully your wait list will come through.
Thanks. I stayed at the Dolphin last NYE :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter