10th Anniversary. Advice Needed

Sirjavelin

Earning My Ears
So my wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary in June of '19, and we want to go back to WDW. We honeymooned there in June of '09, and I was looking for some advise from you experts. We plan on going for 10 days, but we are not sure where to stay. We stayed at CBR in '09, Art of Animation in '13, and Coronado Springs in '15. Looking for somewhere different, and we are not afraid to splurge. Right now we like, Wilderness, but are not sure about their transport. We like Contemporary, and Yacht, and then there is for Port Orleans hotels, also. We do have some medical issues, so lengthy afternoon breaks are going to happen, so a comfy place is a must. Finally, our date is June 19th, I am thinking to front load the vacation, so leave for home around the 20/21, for crowd, because I read that the 3rd week of June, things really pick up down there, or even going in May.

Just looking for some suggestions and feedback..Thanks for reading!

So my wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary in June of '19, and we want to go back to WDW. We honeymooned there in June of '09, and I was looking for some advise from you experts. We plan on going for 10 days, but we are not sure where to stay. We stayed at CBR in '09, Art of Animation in '13, and Coronado Springs in '15. Looking for somewhere different, and we are not afraid to splurge. Right now we like, Wilderness, but are not sure about their transport. We like Contemporary, and Yacht, and then there is for Port Orleans hotels, also. We do have some medical issues, so lengthy afternoon breaks are going to happen, so a comfy place is a must. Finally, our date is June 19th, I am thinking to front load the vacation, so leave for home around the 20/21, for crowd, because I read that the 3rd week of June, things really pick up down there, or even going in May.

Just looking for some suggestions and feedback..Thanks for reading!

We celebrated our 30th in October. I got a DVC studio at the Boardwalk using rented points. It was very nice, a great location, and about half the rack rate. They can go fast, so I booked mine 11 months in advance, which is the earliest members can reserve. We used a rental company (David's) but some do it directly through the owner (there is a forum for DVC rental here on the Dis). Downside is it must be paid upfront and is not refundable, so insurance is a good idea. You could rent points at any of the DVC resorts. There is a cost calculator on dvc rental sites which tell you how much each resort would cost.

My absolute favorite for a splurge is the Yacht Club. Easy access to both Epcot and HS. Makes afternoon naps easy. And I just love the atmosphere. Have fun!

We celebrated our 10th Anniversary last year at Four Seasons. It’s a beautiful and romantic resort. They have an adult only pool and from what I’ve read repeatedly an outstanding spa (which I plan to try on my next visit).

You can have your purchases sent from the parks to the resort. And now you can book fast passes 60 days out. The standard rooms are very spacious (500 sq ft) and are super comfortable.

They also have very nice busses that travel to the parks. You can get the bus schedule from the Disney desk in the lobby. The busses stick to the schedule so no wondering “how much longer before they arrive”.

We ate at Capa (a Spanish style Steak restaurant) which is located on the roof top. You can see both MK and Epcot fireworks. Note, you don’t have to eat there to go and watch the fireworks.

When budget allows this is now our go to resort. You can make a vacation out of just being at the resort and not setting foot in a theme park.

Whatever you decide, have a Happy and Magical Anniversary!

though the 60 days were for on site guests only - the Four seasons is not owned by Disney????

Which is your favorite park? if MK then BLT or CR - you can walk to the MK from these resorts
Epcot then BC, YC or BW - also Dolphin or Swan (not owned by Disney)

Studios - BW - now some stay at BC, YC S Or D - but that is a long walk - okay there is a boat as well

all of these places now charge for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!