10 year anniversary trip advice

dcrippin15

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
So my wife and I are going down next May for a week for our 10 year wedding anniversary and I looking for fun, out of the box things to do at Disney. We have Platinum AP’s and want to hit the parks for a few days and we are doing Discovery Cove to swim with the dolphins since my wife has always wanted to do that. With that being said, I would consider myself a Disney buff and now a lot of odd and end stuff about WDW and the rides but when it comes to add-on stuff I’m pretty green and don’t really know what there is on property to do.
If anyone has any insight, suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

There are lots of fun behind the scenes tours to try. What about the wild Africa trek over at AK or the backstage magic tour at Mk.
Plus judging by the dates your going to be there when the flower and garden festival is on so worth looking to see if any special events pop up there.

Congratulations!

I would recommend the Keys to the Kingdom tour, we’ve done it several times. There is a (little) bar downstairs in the Polynesian, Trader Sam’s that is a lot of fun.

Next month my husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary in Disney. I’m looking forward to it even though it will be different just the two of us.

Have a great trip. Happy Anniversary!

DH and I celebrated our 20th in April at WDW. I surprised him with an Illuminations cruise and a picnic dinner. It was a neat view of the fireworks, our captain was knowledgeable of the area and full of information.

Congratulations on your 10th!

I agree that tours are worth investigating. We have enjoyed tours in the AK and Epcot, a couple of which are no longer offered. Caring for Giants was a nice short tour. A tour of the MK is still on our wish list.

You didn't say if you have booked your lodging but staying on site at a deluxe resort is very enjoyable. We are fans of the Boardwalk and the proximity to two parks, especially Epcot. Being able to wander over to the World Showcase in the evenings is quite special.

Taking time to tour a few of the resorts is another relaxing, "day off" activity. The AKL, WL, GF, and Poly are worthy of wandering around.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Congratulations on your 10th!

I agree that tours are worth investigating. We have enjoyed tours in the AK and Epcot, a couple of which are no longer offered. Caring for Giants was a nice short tour. A tour of the MK is still on our wish list.

You didn't say if you have booked your lodging but staying on site at a deluxe resort is very enjoyable. We are fans of the Boardwalk and the proximity to two parks, especially Epcot. Being able to wander over to the World Showcase in the evenings is quite special.

Taking time to tour a few of the resorts is another relaxing, "day off" activity. The AKL, WL, GF, and Poly are worthy of wandering around.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

We are staying at Kidani Village using our DVC points. We have never done any of the tours just because we weren’t sure the kids would appreciate them if the price Disney charges for them 🙊 We have AP’s and always love to check out Epcot because of the various festivals and treats they have 😋

We were thinking of maybe even venturing off property to check out Discovery Cove to swim with dolphins since that is a bucket list thing for my wife to do.

We are staying at Kidani Village using our DVC points. We have never done any of the tours just because we weren’t sure the kids would appreciate them if the price Disney charges for them 🙊 We have AP’s and always love to check out Epcot because of the various festivals and treats they have 😋

We were thinking of maybe even venturing off property to check out Discovery Cove to swim with dolphins since that is a bucket list thing for my wife to do.

Kidani Village... Wonderful!

DW and I are now Disney snowbirds and spend al lot of time at Epcot. You'll be there during the Flower and Garden Festival, our favorite. If you happen to be interested in horticulture there is a Gardens of the World tour at Epcot during the F&G festival.

Our favorite things when we went for our 30th were the Highway in the Sky dine around and Jellyrolls. We rented DVC points and stayed in a BWV studio during Food & Wine which made it extra special

If you do Discovery cove, you get free Seaworld admission for 7 days also.

For our anniversary trip I surprised dh with the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour and then had dinner at Coral Reef later that night. It was really great, and dh really enjoyed the behind the scenes as much as the snorkeling. He would have liked the tour where you scuba in the aquarium but I'm not certified so I couldn't do that.
That may be too much swimming with animals if you are already doing DIscovery Cove though.

For our 10th anniversary we had dinner at Victoria and Albert's. We still talk about it!

We are going for our anniversary this November (just for a weekend as we are local), and have booked the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Polynesian, and also plan to visit our favorite haunt, Trader Sam's, the other night we are on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!