10 days worth of dining, 11/23-12/3

princesspiglet

DIS Veteran
We arrived abck on Sunday evening and I am just now getting a chance to write. This will be brief since I am at work :rolleyes1 . If you have any questions, let me know! BTW, we were not on the DP since we stayed at SOG.

11/23- Thanksgiving dinner at Trails End. We waited about 30 mins as a walk up. Wasn't worth the wait. Food was mediocre at best, except for wonderful green beans. Table was very dark and our server was non-exsistent. There were about 10 items on the buffet and not enough room for more than 5 people in line.

11/24- Breakfast at Garden Galley at SOG. Excellent service and food. Lots of choices. Make your own waffle was a hit with us. Only $7.95 too!! This would end of being our breakfast for the rest of the trip. I highly recommend it.
Dinner in Epcot at Biergarten. We had a great time. Epcot was very busy but we only waited about 10 mins past our ADR. Food was pleasantly good. i was afraid my DD4 would not find anything to her liking, but she loved the baked chicken dish. Entertainment was great. We sat with a couple with 2 little girls and all the girls got up and danced around while we ate! Would recommend.
Snacks were churros, yaki gori and school bread. All delish!

11/25- see above for breakfast.
Lunch at H & Vine in DS. Our ADR's were at 1:15 and we got in around 1:40. This place is crazy and loud!! The food was great- alot of variety and not your typical buffet food. Desserts were also very good- especially the snickers cheesecakes tarts! We got to see Leo, Quincy and June, JoJo and Goliath. They came around alot and had some congo lines going on. However, the host/hostess are costantly singing, doing games, etc. It is definetly not a peacefule place to eat, however I would still highly recommend it.
Dinner was popcorn and a turkey leg! yum
Snacks- none due to excessive breakfast and lunch,

11/26-braekfast at Garden Galley.
Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ in AK. LONG line. Not alot of choices. i had the pork sandwich and DH had the beef sandwich. DD had the baked chicken kids meal. It was very hard to find a seat here. We basically had to stand over a table that looked like they were almost done and wait for them to leave....we were vultures! There were alot of ducks and birds milling about. This scared the crap our of my DD. Therfore, it was not a pleasant/peaceful meal. The sandwiches were good, corn was bland-not butter in sight! and the beans were a little too spicy for our taste. Next time we will try Tusker House.

Dinner was at Epcot- San Angel Inn. This place was wonderful. My DD really enjoyed watching the boats go by and the dark atmosphere. So much so that she fell asleep on the table! My DH and I had a very peaceful meal after that! :rotfl: We both had margartias- I had the strawberyy and DH had mango. I had the Polla a las rajas and DH had the Filete Motuleno. We split the plates and loved both meals. They had the perfect amount of seasoning for us. The cooks were nice enough to make DD a soft taco with chicken and no seasonings. She love it before she conked out. Would recommend.

Snacks included ice cream cones at AK-right outside of FOTLK and school bread and leftse at Epcot after dinner. DD had yaki gori again.

11/27- Bfst at Ohana. This was a disaster. We arrived 20 mins before our ADR and were not seated until 30 minutes after our ADR wich put us at 8:30 and not likely to get to park opening at MK on time. Our server was horrible. We saw him once when he asked if we wanted the special Ohana juice and that was it. When we actually got the food- which was 15 mins after seating- it was cold. we had to ask for a new skillet- big mistake- that took another 20 mins to get. By this time, we had seen Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto 3x! We were pretty much ready to go. We finally got our food and the eggs were undercooked, the waffles were burnt and the bacon was pretty much a grease pit. At this point, i had had enough and walked up to the front desk and asked to see a manager. Explained what happened and he kindly comped our bill, plus gave us a free family picture and gave my DD a Stitch pin which she loved. We left the place at 9:45 still hungry and late for opening. We got to the MK at 10 and proceeded firectly to the bakery. I had a croissant, DD had a chocolate chip muffin and DH had a cheese danish. Very good!
Overall, would not recommend ohanas for breakfast.

Lunch at CHH. Fish & chips, chicken strips and chips. Good food, speedy service. Nice and quiet upstairs. Would recommend.

Dinner was snacks- dole whip (DELISH!) for me, turkey leg for DH and Toll house IC cookie sandwich for DD. We also grabbed some fudge on the way out. OMG- the maple was to die for and the turtle was divine. I would highly recommend stopping in the candy shop and getting some fudge for yourself!

Gotta go- will finish later.

Looking forward to hearing more reviews. Unfortunately, you wound up with substandard food/ service at 'Ohana. I doubt that this is the norm, as I wouldnt imagine that serving impropperly cooked food was the standard proceedure at any WDW restaurant, much less a character meal in a deluxe resort :confused3

Thanks for the review, your experience at Ohana sounds terrible. Glad they made it up to you, though. :stitch:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter