10 Days of theme park madness..3 US and 7 DISNEY!!updated finally may 13

Day 3 afternoon and diner at SANAA

When we got back to our room, DS wanted to stay back for awhile and nap so DD, DH and I went to have some pool time. We went to quiet pool this time. While we were in the pool I asked if everyone wanted to head to Typhoon Lagoon because none of us had been there and we still had not used any of that part of our ticket. So we venture back to room and told DS and was excited so we piled into the car and drove over there. Before we left I went to grab underwater camera and realized the battery was dead :sad1:..So unfortunetly no pics from Typhoon Lagoon.
I think it was about 230 when we got here so place wasnt that busy yet. We found some nice loungers in the shade and made our way on a few slides. We rode a few then made our way into wave pool. Family was really excited about this because this was what this park was known for..big giant waves. Well it didnt disappoint thats for sure..lots fun. We then wandered around making sure to hit every slide...We had planed to come back the next morning before our blizzard beach day but after riding all slides realized we werent big fans and liked the slides at blizzard beach better. The only thing we didnt get to do was the snorkling with the sharks :confused3 Oh well next time...
By now the park was almost closed and we needed to head back and get ready for our ADR at SANNAA!!! I was so excited for this meal as I had read so much about it on the DIS!!!
We dressed up a bit and drove to the animal kingdom lodge. I had never been here...wow what a beautiful place...definetly one of the places on our list know to stay.

479_zps40d38f2a.jpg

After looking around I went over and was given our beeper, and was told I could go outside and look at animals..Wow this place was so great and the 2 CM from South Africa were so good at telling us different things about animals.
438_zps2e0355f9.jpg

When our beeber went of we were brought in and they gave us the window table I had asked for :banana:. I loved how the animals came so close to window so great!
454_zpsc4647f1c.jpg

462_zpsa6211040.jpg

We ordered our food...so good!!
pic of my egyptian wine flight :love:

459_zps37cedc40.jpg

465_zps9dd8932f.jpg

This was the best meal we had the whole trip!! I would recommend this to anyone and cant wait to go back..best part was yet to come...
dessert..The Chai tea cream in the middle was heavenly!!!

466_zps38e1f71b.jpg

467_zpsa5ccf093.jpg

DS's dessert was very yummy too.
After diner we wandered around the lodge a bit..DD played drums with the great CM's from South Africa and one of them told everyone about his life there

473_zps3ab071ea.jpg

We went to check out pool, so nice and tropical..kids said this was there #2 fav resort, #1 being the Poly.
We were all a little full and tired so we headed back to SSR to rest up for our none parks day ....
Stay tuned

Day 4..Blizzard beach Day

Our Day started off good, nice coffee on veranda and thoughts of maybe leaving the Disney Bubble...My DS wanted to go shopping at Outlet Mall and since this was our none park day we decided to do this before we hit the water park..So DS and I get in car and I noticed that it didnt open until 10am and it was only 845am :confused3..So back up to the room for us and change plans a little..I suggested we resort hop a little.
For this trip I almost booked Old Key west so we wanted to see it, also Key West is DH and I fav city to visit.
Loved the vibe here!! Music was great and so laid bk feeling

480_zps1ce40102.jpg

481_zpsa47e66e4.jpg

We wandered over to the pool
482_zps35598693.jpg

484_zps9584b93d.jpg

We looked at the menu in the restaurant as well, looks really yummy, I would defiently stay at this resort. Then we wandered around the store, nice merchandise with and island flare..
485_zps83d44267.jpg

Of course family pin traded
Up Next Blizzard Beach

Blizzard Beach!!
This was our favourite waterpark. We had been here last time we came but DD was way to young to remember so we were all pretty excited. Of Course weather was great so that was perfect

486_zps1dc956d9.jpg

We werent there right at rope drop but pretty close...We found a great spot that had shade and sun and plopped our stuff down...Of course boys went right to summit plummit...There was no way I was doing this one :sad2:..way to steep for me...I will post some videos after this installement.
489_zpsabdd27d0.jpg

While DH and DS did that DD and I went over to the kids area and she had a great time on the iceburgs and the zip line..theming here of course was disney perfect!!!
GEDV0090_zps08e9e6ae.jpg

GEDV0093_zpse207a50f.jpg

GEDV0095_zpsb13dfe61.jpg

After we played here awhile DH and DS came back to get us so we could ride the big raft ride (cant remember names..no map :confused3)..You take the ski lift up to the top of the mountain..awesome!!
Here are a few pics from watercamera on the raft

GEDV0087_zps4fb67716.jpg

GEDV0089.jpg

Then it was time for the wave pool..Although waves werent as big as Typhoon Lagoon we still had a blast..found 4 tubes and we floated around for awhile...
487_zps8a97d5d0.jpg

After fun in wave pool kids and DH wanted to go ride so more slides..while I sat this out and went in search of this...
490_zpsf2ec6786.jpg

Ahhh..I am on vacation after all and it was hot!!!
Everyone was hungry so we went in search for some lunch..Lunch was just ok...regular CS food..I think we were all really too hot to eat..wandered around for awhile

GEDV0102_zpsd0636183.jpg

491_zps5a32ba5c.jpg

I think we did a few more slides and made our way out...We really enjoyed our selves here and I would definetly recommend checking it out...
Since we still had 3 fun visits on our tickets and it was early in the day we decided to check out the mini golf next to blizzard beach but first I will post some fun videos

Here is one more of DH and I on the slide beside summit plummit...very fast slide..I was scared was going to fly off because you cant see with the water spray

Day 4 Part 3..Winter Summerland minature golf

This was a great afternoon and an experience I would highly recommend..while still in Disney you get a little bit of a different feel. We all had a ball.

This is a christmas themed minature golf course that you chose either 18 holes on the winter side or 18 on the summer..because it was so stinkin hot we decided to play the winter side...

496_zpsaaebc8bc.jpg

While we were getting our clubs...by the way we had now used 3 of our fun visits on our tickets..My DS spotted the covetted pin...No dancing on the ride...As everyones eyes lit up DS raced back to the car to grab DDs pins so they could trade..woo hoo everyone happy...
Moving on we had a real fun time with this.. a great mini golf course by the imaginears..I dont think anyone would expect anything else. It was not busy at all either so we could take our time

500_zps8027fdf6.jpg

497_zpsf9772d1b.jpg

506_zpsc852b574.jpg

516_zps93eb17ec.jpg

519_zpsef76832b.jpg

Of course DH won but I wasnt far behind..We are avid golfers..my DH more than me but it was a running joke with us that this was the only golfing we were able to do in florida..it was hard staying at a resort with a golf course in your backyard..however we just didnt have time..even 10 days is not eneough time to do everything..which means we must come back. I figured when kids are grown it will be good excuse to get DH to come to Disney with me :goodvibes
The CM also let us walk through the summer part of the course as it wasnt busy..also very well done.
:yay::yay: Thats how we felt about our great afternoon playing minigolf at Disney...
up next Kona cafe for diner

Love your TR! and the pics of Winter Summerland!! After all of our trips we haven't done that yet!! We did the Fantasia gardens golf, but I love the theme of Winter Summerland!! Maybe next time:)

Love your TR! and the pics of Winter Summerland!! After all of our trips we haven't done that yet!! We did the Fantasia gardens golf, but I love the theme of Winter Summerland!! Maybe next time:)

Thanks for reading :goodvibes We did really like it..we were going to try the fantasia gardens but ran out of time..next time too

Day 4 part 4

After leaving the mini put we headed back to Saratoga for some rest. This was much needed as we were all feeling the effects of the trip now. Watched a bit of Stacey on the TV while DS did some homework. Our ADR for Kona was at 530pm and we decided to drive as the bus was way to slow to get us over the the poly.
We actually got turned around in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and missed entrance to poly and had to go out and back in..DH doesnt watch signs and drives me crazy :eek:
We went into the poly and walked around for a bit..family loved it here, we were here so much this week we felt like we were staying here :rotfl:..I wish :goodvibes

I was very excited to eat here as I had read so much about it on the DIS...layout of the restaurant is weird a little..kind of like you are eating in the hotel lobby...We didnt have to wait long and were given a nice table against the wall. We ordered our drinks...Since DH and I ordered of alcohol menu Ive learned to let DD order my fun smoothie drink as she was the the kids plan and they just had small drinks...
I ordered a lovely glass of sangria :cloud9:

520_zpsdd5dd591.jpg

DH had a lapu lapu (not sure if thats right) I love when he gets these drinks.so cute..and DS with his mango smoothie
521_zpsb43d01bb.jpg

DD and I with our drinks, she had a strawberry smoothie
522_zps477957c7.jpg

I had read on the dining board about the yummy bread and we definetly devoured this before I was able to take a picture...yummmmmy!!! Our server was going to bring another but I knew we wouldnt eat our diner so we didnt. We then ordered the pot stickers for an app..these were good as well.
Here is a pic of DD meal..She had the kids shrimp combo with salad and fruit salad
523_zpsde307b4c.jpg

cont... next post

cont...sorry I accidently posted that have to start new post...

moving on
DS really suprised me this trip,, very adventurous in his eating..he ordered the tuna.. he said he enjoyed this however it was a little peppery for him
524_zps8ec239ff.jpg

DH and I both ordered the striploin..I had read alot about this and was excited however..it wasn't the best cut of meat so we were a little disappointed
525_zps014b36f5.jpg

Dessert however was fabulous..I told DD I would order her the Kona cone I had read about as her dessert was the kids fruit salad..very fun presentation..instead of the cone they put a waffle bowl
530_zps106690ea.jpg

DH and DS both ordered there favourite banana creme brule..yummy!!
531_zpseadedbb4.jpg

DD having fun with the umbrellas
529_zps0fade566.jpg

Overall nice meal at Kona..I would eat here again..not sure if I would order the steak but just to come back for that yummy bread would be worth it.
After diner we did something that I know has a lot of contreversy here on the DIS..we pool hoped :scared1:..sorry I have to be honest..DD was dying to try there slide so I had put her bathing suit in my bag so that she could change into...

536_zps863edcae.jpg

We found some nice loungers on the beach while DD swam and put our toes in sand..beautiful sunset with Magic Kingdom in the background..I really cant wait to stay here ..when DD was done we were snuggled up on the chair the wonderful CMs came over and asked the kids to have some smores..they loved this..we never made it at our resort to do this until last night
537_zpsb7631834.jpg

By this time it was late however I still hadnt taken DS shopping yet at the outlet mall so we headed over there as it was open until 11..We were here for a couple hours and DS found all kinds of fun tshirts and pants that we dont have in Canada so he was very happy...Ah successful non park day both kids smiling..:banana: doesnt get any better than that..
up next day 5 and Animal Kingdom

Day 5..Animal Kingdom Day!!
This was our best park day...everyone agreed we love this place, even though it was very very hot!
We didnt make it to rope drop however we were there probably around 930. Parking lot wasnt that bad either. DH was wonderful again and went to bag check with DD autograph bag while we went to the bathroom. Of course we needed to get some photos done.

39826930110.jpg

39826930112.jpg

Our first stop was Dinoland. We really took our time in this park today, enjoying all it had to offer. First ride was Dinosaur ride. Ride seemed a little scarier last time but still fun
545_zpse206dacc.jpg

We had to look around in the store after the ride as DS and DD had the hidden mickey book today and it was there mission to find them all. I forgot to mention when we were at the polynesian for diner the previous night the CM let family behind counter so they could look for the hidden mickeys in the pictures..they were so awesome to do that. Kids had a ball with that.
Then it was onto Primeval Whirl..way to early for me for this one..made me nauseous..

544_zpsb9535b72.jpg

550_zpsf3eb04ad.jpg

Moving out of Dinoland we made our way over to Asia, we were so excited to ride Everest as it was being built last time we were at disney. DD was a little nervous but we ushered her into the line in the Fast Past zone and she didnt even have a chance to think when we were climbing up the mountain...So great. First photopass pic we didnt know were camera was except for DH in this one
39826930117.jpg

I love the lady in front rows face..so funny...Definetly loved this ride. When we were getting the photopass pic we bought a real fun frame to go along with it that the shipped to our resort which was great!!
We took couple more pics with the mountain

555_zps104c3c80.jpg

Then we watched the monkeys..or apes I forget ..what I loved about the CM here was there knowledge of the animals..so good
561_zps5419af99.jpg

We were going to go on Kali river rapids but after that first day at universal when we were so wet, we didnt want to go through that again. I forgot ponchos so we all decided we were ok to just watch it go by..We also decided to use a snack credit and have a mickey bar...so yummy on a hot day!!! any day really the are yummy..Next up lunch at YAK and YETI..so good!!!!

Love your trip reports....makes me wish i was there.pixiedust:

When I last left off we were about to go to Yak and Yeti for our lunch ADR.
I really wish I had done the smart DIS thing and took trip notes..next time for sure.

On with the show....

We had a little time before our ADR so we headed over to Maharajah Jungle Treck. This was really great, we had never done this and all four of us liked it.
Some shady areas too which was great in the Animal Kingdom heat!
Komoto Dragons were very fun to watch

565.jpg

, birds a little crazy that they might land on you. Creepest bart were the GIANT Fruit bats...
569_zps8d5177b0.jpg

:scared1: These things were freaky..and there is no glass in window that you are watching them in too...
Tigers were beautiful too..
572.jpg

After this it was time for the ADR that I changed so many times and we were so glad we did..Just wish I took more food Pics..sorry guys
Loved the theming in here..you really feel like you are in Katmando or some other rest in Everest..Servers costumes authentic looking too..We ordered some tasty beverages..Since DH and my drinks were off the adult alcohol menu DD was able to use my free drink. (again no notes so I forget what we had..I do know they were refreshing though )
DH and my meals were one of the best of the trip..we both ordered the baby back ribs and they were so good!! DH still talks about them.
The dessert was fabulous..fried Wontons..and thank you DIS for this one

611_zps54723511.jpg

Great meal at Yak and Yeti and would definetly return
609_zpse1f89b81.jpg

608_zpsc63aacb7.jpg

Up next last installment for this day we finish up at Animal Kingdom, do some resort hoping then Epcot

I'm loving your reports ( yep , i read the dark side one also :goodvibes) , we are your neighbours over in Quebec .
Your reports are helping me with mouse withdrawal ;) , where is your RCI timeshare ? I have lots of questions about it ,lol

I'm loving your reports ( yep , i read the dark side one also :goodvibes) , we are your neighbours over in Quebec .
Your reports are helping me with mouse withdrawal ;) , where is your RCI timeshare ? I have lots of questions about it ,lol

Thanks for reading :goodvibes Hi neighbour!!
Im having withdrawal too its so hard, cant wait to go back. these reports help.

Our RCI is from Smuggs in Vermont, we have lots points because our week is march break so hopefully next year I can use the points again..The dont come up very often with RCI though..Have to check frequently and book right away..I orginally had Boardwalk then I waited to long and ended up with SSR..Im not complaining we really liked it

I thought that I posted here already, but I guess I didn't! I'm following along though, great report so far! It looks like you guys had a great time!

After our wonderful lunch at Yak and Yeti it was time to hit Everest again since we loved it so!!
39826930145.jpg

I LOVE this picture!! My family is so funny and really got into it..DD cracks me up..she would kill me if she knew i posted that lol
After Everest we made our way over to past the tree towards Africa so we could go to Rafikis planet watch. On our way we met a fabulous CM picture taker who really took his time with us..wish I could remember his name so many fun shots..here are a few

39826930125.jpg

39826930139.jpg

39826930144.jpg

39826930133.jpg

After our photo shoot we headed over to Africa and hopped on the first train to rafiki's. We had never done this before and quite enjoyed it. You can see a bit of the behind the scenes with the animals. The kids spend some time with their hidden mickey book and the giant mural inside the building..they were able to find alot of them..of course with DH help.
Then we got in line to see Rafiki..had alot of fun with him
587_zpse6cfc70d.jpg

We walked around a bit and watched all the animal vet stuff..very interesting, then went outside to see the farm type animals. Back on the train and it was now time for the Gorillas at Pangani Forest trail. This was great, they really are amazing!! The ones by the glass were a little sleepy but the ones playing in the background were great
606_zpsf61522fe.jpg

Loved that!!
After seeing the gorillas we hoped right onto the Kilimanjaro safari with no wait. Sat right in front. Of course our driver was great..I wont put up all the pics that you have all scene a million times..lets just say we saw lots of animals :goodvibes
We were getting pretty hot so we figured it was time to head out..I really wanted to do some resort hoping and then head to epcot. We also wanted to bypass the parade..so we quickly went through the tree..Oh yes we enjoyed Its a bugs life too..forgot about that..I can tell we were getting hot and tired as the pictures from here on in are no existant..dh to tired to use lol
Over all this was our best park day we really enjoyed Animal kingdom

Up next some resort hopping and epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter