"10" Day planning??

Andrea73

DIS Veteran
During my pre T-Giving Day trip, the last 4 of my 6 days are predicted to be "10's". I have a feeling lots of schools must be giving kids the entire week of T-Giving off. Ours are for the 1st time this fall and we are in the largest school system in GA.

As a 1st time Disney person, what should I expect and what can I do to make our trip more pleasant?

Is this going to be a situation where we are waiting 30 minutes for bathrooms and CS meals?

I know that rope drop will be important, though I don't think we can rope drop 6 days in a row without burning out.

Also, I posted last night about on or off site. Thanks so much for the responses!!

Some people think that on-site is better for very crowded times for things like early EMH and not dealing with traffic/parking. Others think off site is better since the resorts will be packed as well and things like the food courts & busses will be impacted.

Now I am really confused. :confused3 What is your take on this?

Please help me go to Disney on a "10" and still win!

Are you from Gwinnett County???? We thought about going during the new Thanksgiving week holiday this year but decided it may be too busy and the rates go up mid week. It can't be any worse than spring break!! We usually go then but decided to go the right after school gets out in May.

Yes, I am in Gwinnett.

The moment I saw next year's calendar, I decided that we were ready for our 1st WDW trip. :cool1: Unfortunately, it looks like a lot of other people have the same idea. The crowd calendars shot up like a rocket!

I wonder if more school systems are trending toward using T-Giving week as a "fall break" since so many parents pull their kids out Mon/Tues anyway because they travel so far for the holiday.

We are going to pick the kids up early on Wed and head down to WDW and start our park days on Thursday. Then we are leaving WDW on the morning of the Wed before T-Giving and heading to Jacksonville for the Holiday with my family.

How exciting to go on your first visit!!!! :cheer2:

We have been quite a lot over the last few years and usually go during spring break and those crowds can be crazy!! I know a lot of people talk about having a set plan but we have never done that except deciding which park to go to because of the EMH's. You are not going to do or see everything you want. Be flexible and enjoy watching your kids have a magical time!!:goodvibes

Do take advantage of the bus system!! That is why we stay on property besides the EMH's. About 3 years ago we went down with my brother and his family and never got in our car until we left to go home!!

Have a great time and enjoy!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter