10/24-10/27 trip report Day 2

Mommy2PrincessAbby

DIS Veteran
Our trip report for October 24-27, 2007.

Cast of characters, me (the mommy), my hubby (the daddy), and our 3 ½ year old princess fanatic!

Day 2--Thursday

Up the next morning at 6:45 AM, let Princess sleep until 7:15, quickly got her dressed (in a new tee from Tink) and headed over to Goofy’s Kitchen for a 7:30 AM PS. Got a picture right away with Pluto, and then took our seats. Met Chip, Dale, Goofy (of course), Fairy Godmother, the Mad Hatter (who had an imaginary tea party with us), & Geppetto. It was so much fun, very controlled, everyone waited for characters to come to them… although there was the huge ruckus in the kitchen that we had to get up to go see… Goofy playing with the kids with a bunch of tubs and pots and pans. It was a fun morning.

I went to Guest Services while DH and DD stood in line to go in the park and got my Fantasmic tickets for the next evening. They were very nice and I didn’t have to try and remember the next day.

EE started at 9, and we were there for the rope drop. Rode Snow White, Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, the Matterhorn (my very brave little girl!!), Buzz & Astro Orbiter before EE was over. Then we headed for Adventureland and did Jungle Cruise, Tarzan’s Treehouse, Pirate’s, Pooh, & DH rode Splash (I got a swap pass, but they closed the ride right after he rode). By then it was 11:30 and we decided to have lunch at the French Market.

The food there was fine, the desserts looked yummy but we passed. My daughter got a great kids meal of grilled chicken and rice… I should have gotten that, instead I got a French dip, and it was sooo bland, the au jus had no flavor, so it was like eating plain roast beef dipped in water. Blah. Hubby liked his beans and rice though. After lunch I fast passed Indiana Jones, and then my hubby did child-swap for it while DD and I started the long hike back to DLH for a nap. He caught up with us a few minutes after we laid down for nap.

One hint, if you are traveling with little ones who can’t ride the big rides. One of you get a fast pass, then when you can go on the ride all of you go up, and ask for a swap pass. Parent #1 goes through the fast pass lane (using the fast pass) and as soon as they get out Parent #2 gets to use the swap pass and go through the fast pass lane too. Doing this, you can each hold a fast pass at the same time for 2 different rides.

After nap we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and hit the pool for a bit… it was a little on the cool side if you don’t get all the way in the water, but the 2 slides are fun, and the kiddo slide is nice and slow. Then we went back to the room and showered and Tink had left DD a Jasmine costume to wear for MHT. Off we went to Storytellers for dinner… both of us got the buffet and ordered something of the kid’s menu for DD and gave her some buffet stuff off our plates too. Yummy dinner. Then we went to DCA for MHT. They were letting people in even though it was 15 minutes early, so we got in and headed to the rope drop area.

After rope drop we bee-lined (pun intended) for Bug’s Land… and did Flik’s, Ladybug, Chew Chew Train, and the Bumper Bug ride (what is it called?), and 1 treat station. Then we headed toward the Golden Zephyr, and DH and I took turns on Screamin’ while DD rode the carousel. Then we did Monster’s Inc, and DH and DD wandered around while I snuck on ToT. We did the Challenge Trail area (just a short trail with treat stations during MHT), and then we were done… it was about 9 pm by now… so in 2.5 hours we hit 5 or 6 treat stations (didn’t try too hard) had a huge bag of candy, saw a ton of characters and villains… and we headed back to crash.

Day 3 on its way...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter