1 "Rambo Style Day" in DLR? WTH?

VivekB

Earning My Ears
Oy! I'm getting PAPs during a June visit to DLR, turns out family friends (2 kids between 5 and 10, wife, hubby are all friends with our family, each member is within 1 year of their counterpart on our side) has a timeshare on newport beach for 2 weeks in August. They told us to come down to stay with them, as they typically do DLR whilst they're there.

Sweet, I say, free place on the beach for the 3 nights we can stay there, 20 mins from DLR, how cool is this?

Well, only kinda sorta. The dad only wants to do 1 day in DLR, the rest of the time on the beach. They "wake up the kids early, hit the park and keep going until the kids whimper & whine to go home"

i volunteer to pay for upgrading them from a 1 day pass to a 2 day pass since they're letting us stay there for free, so we can do 2 days in a slightly more relaxed pace.

Well, turns out they really only want to go once. One day? At a place the size of Disneyland? And a "Rambo Style Day" at that? When it would be free (to them) to go a 2nd day? God, I shudder just thinking about .

I have 3 free nights at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn, I wonder if we should just spend all 3 nights there and skip the beach.

Were your plans already to go to DLR when they invited you? If so, you could say that you wanted to spend more days at DLR. Instead you could visit them at the beach for one day and then move on to DLR. You could then meet them there for part of the day when they come to DLR. I saw "part" because it sounds like you may not want to keep up with them the entire day as they run through the parks. ;)

Personally, I'd want more than one day. And to me, 20 min from the parks is too far away. You have to get up earlier and allow for traffic and time to park.

Well, I'm getting PAPs, so I put out a blast to all the dads I know telling them we need to do a dads only DLR visist. The dude then told me about their longstanding timeshare/disney trip.

We'll be there for 1 full day and 2 half days in late June as well, or 7 weeks before this trip, so it's not like we're missing a 1 shot deal. But you hit the nail on the head: With each of us having 2 kids between 5 & 10, I can't imagine the whining that'll occur trying to drag them at mach speed through DLR. (and i'll probably be the one doing the most whining :) ). Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch which I won't repeat, but it has "No need to go stampeding..."

The beach could be fun, but not if its not what yout want to do. Especially if your family is used to a more relaxed park visit they will be run ragged by the rambo style day. My advice is to discuss it with your family and see what they would prefer. I personally perfer two days or more at the park one just isnt enough:love:

If you have 3 free days at the Anaheim Fairfield, then take them, as you will have a much more relaxed vacation, and be able to spend more time at the parks with the kids enjoying. I can't imagine going Rambo in DL, as it takes at least a couple of days to properly see it, and even then, you inevitably miss things that you would have done if you had the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter