1 night at Aulani?

chimommy

Mouseketeer
we are thinking about staying 1 night at Aulani. we are booked at another resort near aulani for the week, but I ended up booking our flight a day early and Im trying to decide if we should spend it at Aulani. We get into Oahu in the afternoon, so we would be able to spend the evening and the next day at the resort. Not sure we will be back to Oahu, so this might be our only chance. Thought it might be fun to spend a day there? Has anyone else just spent a night and felt they were able to enjoy everything? My kids really want to go to the resort.

Thanks!

I think the idea of one night is a wonderful way to see if you like Aulani enough to spend a whole vacation there in the future

We stayed with family on our trip to Oahu in June and thought about doing one night at Aulani just to check it out. After getting input here I was told to do a character meal and walk around. We did just that and had a blast. Glad they saved me the money.

When are you going? I personally wouldn't do it while the lazy river/pool is closed, but if its after that, then go for it!

We were able to book a single night 6 years ago while visiting Oahu around Christmas. I wanted to stay so badly for the same reasons. After our experience if you really want to spend a night make sure you can stay at the hotel for as long as possible. We checked in at 3pm and had to leave by 10am. We loved it but (in 2013) the pools closed early and things were very quiet at night. Nothing wrong with that but not the best bang for your buck so to speak. I would recommend walking around the hotel, sit on the beach/swim in the lagoon, do a character meal (Hawaiian Mickey/Minnie are so fun!). Have a great time!

We were able to book a single night 6 years ago while visiting Oahu around Christmas. I wanted to stay so badly for the same reasons. After our experience if you really want to spend a night make sure you can stay at the hotel for as long as possible. We checked in at 3pm and had to leave by 10am. We loved it but (in 2013) the pools closed early and things were very quiet at night. Nothing wrong with that but not the best bang for your buck so to speak. I would recommend walking around the hotel, sit on the beach/swim in the lagoon, do a character meal (Hawaiian Mickey/Minnie are so fun!). Have a great time!
We are staying at the Marriott next door for a little over a week during our spring break. we would be staying at aulani the day we get into Oahu. I don't think we would make it to the resort till about 6pm? However, I figured we could stay the entire next day at the resort. My kids love doing Disney resort activities and crafts. I think we could also add the night on at the Marriott, just trying to decide if its worth it to switch hotels again. (I like to get settled and just enjoy vacation). However, Im not sure when we will be going back to Oahu and this might be our chance to check out Aulani. Thanks everyone for your input!!

We are staying at the Marriott next door for a little over a week during our spring break. we would be staying at aulani the day we get into Oahu. I don't think we would make it to the resort till about 6pm? However, I figured we could stay the entire next day at the resort. My kids love doing Disney resort activities and crafts. I think we could also add the night on at the Marriott, just trying to decide if its worth it to switch hotels again. (I like to get settled and just enjoy vacation). However, Im not sure when we will be going back to Oahu and this might be our chance to check out Aulani. Thanks everyone for your input!!
If you are staying next door for the week I would say definitely stay at Aulani the first night. Take advantage of the "resort guest only" amenities the next day. Have fun!

We also are staying for just one night before our cruise. I think it will be enough to make us want to come back! Have a wonderful trip!

We did a split Aulani/MBC stay in April and enjoyed staying at the two different resorts. However, I am wondering if you can call and take one night off of the MBC and add one to Aulani to get the most out of it?

Even if you cannot do that, I would still stay the one night at Aulani. Do not do a character meal while you are staying there. Just enjoy the pool and activities and if you still want to do a character meal, just walk on down from the MBC during one of your other nights in Ko Olina.

I would probably pack a separate bag that is "aulani only" so that you dont' have to pack ALL of your bags a second time but just have the one bag for the one overnight.

Have a frozen mai tai at the MBC...they are soooo good! In fact, when we go back in Sept, the very first thing we are doing is walking down to the MBC to get one! They are $5 before 11 a.m.

We did a split Aulani/MBC stay in April and enjoyed staying at the two different resorts. However, I am wondering if you can call and take one night off of the MBC and add one to Aulani to get the most out of it?

Even if you cannot do that, I would still stay the one night at Aulani. Do not do a character meal while you are staying there. Just enjoy the pool and activities and if you still want to do a character meal, just walk on down from the MBC during one of your other nights in Ko Olina.

I would probably pack a separate bag that is "aulani only" so that you dont' have to pack ALL of your bags a second time but just have the one bag for the one overnight.

Have a frozen mai tai at the MBC...they are soooo good! In fact, when we go back in Sept, the very first thing we are doing is walking down to the MBC to get one! They are $5 before 11 a.m.
Thank you!!!

they are close enough to walk along the beach. One time we stayed at the Marriott which we loved loved loved!!! We went down to Aulani for character dinner and another day we rented paddle boards. Depending on how crowded it is they patrol the beach chairs. We were there at Christmas and the resort was chaos, so we were happy to get a Disney fix and then go back to the Marriott. So if staying on property gets you that first day you might want to do it. You could pack one night for everyone and suits in one small suitcase and don’t unpack anything from your car but that suit case, so it’s easy to switch rooms. Depending on Where on the mainland you came from the time change is going to put you into bed super early that first night. We come from the midwest and usually hit a very light supper and go to bed. Then we are up before dawn the first day which is lovely at the resort. Enjoy.

1 night isn’t worth it
I disagree. Get there as early as possible on check-in day, and spend as much time as possible the next day. You'll get the main things done and you'll have experienced an incredible resort in the process. Maybe it'll help you decide whether or not to go back some day. Do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!