1 meal in Shanghai Disneytown

hasabigrock

Mouseketeer
So next month I'll be in Shanghai for business. I plan to visit the park over the weekend, but managed to book myself a seat at the Lion King on Thursday evening.

I'll leave work at 5 PM and cab it to Disney Shanghai.
I think I'll get there around 5:30 PM, 6 PM at the latest.
Show starts at 7PM and goes through 9:30 PM (I think).

I want to squeeze in dinner between 5:30-6PM and 7PM. I won't be going into the park. So any recommendations on where I should eat?

Right now I'm thinking one of the following two:
  • Crystal Jade: Authentic modern Cantonese cuisine
  • Shanghai Min: Authentic Shanghainese cuisine

I didn't actually get around to visiting Disney Town on my trip, so I can't offer any personal experience. However, if it was me I would go for Shanghai Min - may as well eat Shanghainese while in Shanghai. Having said that, depending on how long you're spending in Shanghai for business, you may feel like something different. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to get a table for 1 on a weeknight. You could always just decide when you get there :thumbsup2

I ate lunch at the Blue Frog in Disneytown on 9/3/2016. Had the Beef with Broccoli.
Atmosphere: American. Pleasant.
Service: Table Service. I sat at the bar. Had US Open tennis on the TV. Exactly what I was looking for. Very good
Food: Too many onions, but otherwise flavorful. Served in a min-wok
Price: Food+Beverages = 88 RMB+ 70 RMB = 158 RMB ($24)
Overall: Well worth the price

I later walked to the Boathouse
Atmosphere: Seating near the water is very nice.
Service: Counter. Staff is overly helpful.
Food: Ice Cream. A little too sweet
Price: Vanilla in a cone = 18 RMB ($2.75)
Overall: Nice place to go for a quiet spot.

I don't recall the Crystal Jade or Shanghai Min

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter