1 day visit in early May: silly or nah?

hodad

DIS Veteran
I'll be in Miami until April 29th with my 5yo. We could fly back to New England that day, or we could drive to Orlando and get a really good price on 4 nights at a kid-friendly resort near the parks, then fly home from MCO on May 3rd.

Is it silly to do all that and only go to the Magic Kingdom 1 day, then spend the rest of the days at the pool? I'm having a hard time justifying spending an extra $200 for another day of parks, but maybe that's because I'm used to Disneyland and feel that we can get enough pixie dust in one day to satisfy our family.

If it's not silly, what's the best day to go to the MK: Saturday April 30, Sunday May 1, or Monday May 2?
If it is silly, what should I do with the second day?

I don't think that's silly at all. Last May, I went down to Florida to visit family and decided to spend 2 nights at WDW -- with only 1 day in the parks. There is so much you can do in one day! And you can visit other resorts on your non-park days.

Based on easyWDW's crowd calendar, I would go to MK on Sunday, May 1.

We once stayed at Sports for five nights and only went to a park (MK) on one day. We had a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter