1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

We have not but I have friend who does them and loves them! We are thinking about a Disney Cruise though. I took our son as his bar mitzvah present and it was amazing! I would do one again in a heartbeat! Have you done any of the other Disney vacations?
We looked at some of the adventures but they are kind of pricey. We actually were going to do a cruise in October but we ended up just doing a week at wdw so we can see food and wine and do Halloween parties. We’ve only done wdw so far but are planning on Japan next May.

We looked at some of the adventures but they are kind of pricey. We actually were going to do a cruise in October but we ended up just doing a week at wdw so we can see food and wine and do Halloween parties. We’ve only done wdw so far but are planning on Japan next May.

MNSSHP is so fun! We did on our last trip. Lots of candy! Have a blast. What are your costumes?

MNSSHP is so fun! We did on our last trip. Lots of candy! Have a blast. What are your costumes?
I’m so excited for MNSSHP! Dh seems a little lukewarm about it but he doesn’t get really excited for Disney until it’s closer. We’re planning on doing Ralph and vanellope for one party and coco/dia de los muertos make up for the other one.

I’m so excited for MNSSHP! Dh seems a little lukewarm about it but he doesn’t get really excited for Disney until it’s closer. We’re planning on doing Ralph and vanellope for one party and coco/dia de los muertos make up for the other one.

Love your costume ideas! Coco is in my top 5 Disney movies. You guys will look great!

Michael is the same way about Disney, even though he works there, and really about all trips we take. My nutty planning excitement is eniugh for the both of us. ;)

Love your costume ideas! Coco is in my top 5 Disney movies. You guys will look great!

Michael is the same way about Disney, even though he works there, and really about all trips we take. My nutty planning excitement is eniugh for the both of us. ;)
I love coco! I think it was so well done.

He works at Disney? That’s pretty cool!

I love coco! I think it was so well done.

He works at Disney? That’s pretty cool!

Me too! The music is the best!

::yes:: He is a career firefighter, retired 2 years ago from his department, and just started his retirement gig with the Disneyland Fire Dept. He loves it!

I am finally in the single digits! 9 sleeps until we leave, 10 sleeps until we arrive! :woohoo:

Me too! The music is the best!

::yes:: He is a career firefighter, retired 2 years ago from his department, and just started his retirement gig with the Disneyland Fire Dept. He loves it!

I am finally in the single digits! 9 sleeps until we leave, 10 sleeps until we arrive! :woohoo:
Wow that sounds like a cool job! Does he actually stay busy doing that?

So exciting! We have 89 days until our October trip. I want to make FPS so bad

Wow that sounds like a cool job! Does he actually stay busy doing that?

So exciting! We have 89 days until our October trip. I want to make FPS so bad

Yes! They stay very busy. The parks and hotels are huge!

So exciting. Once the FPs are made then it feels real! :hyper:

Last edited:
Yes! They stay very busy. The parks and hotels are huge!

So exciting. Once the FPs are made then it feels real! :hyper:
So what kinds of things does he have to do?

I was excited about making our adrs at 180 days out but between that and FPS is a looooong time. We did just get a beaches and cream adr that I’m super exited about.

So what kinds of things does he have to do?

I was excited about making our adrs at 180 days out but between that and FPS is a looooong time. We did just get a beaches and cream adr that I’m super exited about.

They are *Protecting the Magic* of course. ;) Thats what it says on the side of their fire vehicles.

Beaches and Cream was on our list and I actually snagged one 2 months out but then realized I was trying to cram way too much in. :blush: Please report back, I want to hear how it is. I love the whole idea and of course the menu is simple and looks amazing!

They are *Protecting the Magic* of course. ;) Thats what it says on the side of their fire vehicles.

Beaches and Cream was on our list and I actually snagged one 2 months out but then realized I was trying to cram way too much in. :blush: Please report back, I want to hear how it is. I love the whole idea and of course the menu is simple and looks amazing!
Idk if I’ve ever seen one of the fire vehicles.

Oh we’ve been to beaches and cream before. We went last March and I loved it so much. It’s such a cute little place and we are staying at beach club so I thought it would be fun for a pool day. The grilled cheese is super good! Dh and I also did the kitchen sink which was fun

Idk if I’ve ever seen one of the fire vehicles.

Oh we’ve been to beaches and cream before. We went last March and I loved it so much. It’s such a cute little place and we are staying at beach club so I thought it would be fun for a pool day. The grilled cheese is super good! Dh and I also did the kitchen sink which was fun

The Kitchen Sink looks amazing! I have always wanted to try it. Are their burgers good?

The Kitchen Sink looks amazing! I have always wanted to try it. Are their burgers good?
I think Dh got a burger and liked it. I’m not a huge burger person so I don’t usually order one. The kitchen sink is HUGE! We maybe ate 1/4-1/2 of it but we really did it for the experience. If we do it again I’ll ask for certain things in it because last time we tasted things we didn’t really like.

I think Dh got a burger and liked it. I’m not a huge burger person so I don’t usually order one. The kitchen sink is HUGE! We maybe ate 1/4-1/2 of it but we really did it for the experience. If we do it again I’ll ask for certain things in it because last time we tasted things we didn’t really like.

I wish I had a few more days to try all the places we are interested in! I would also love a full pool day but theres just no way. Next time, we will shoot for a longer trip.

I wish I had a few more days to try all the places we are interested in! I would also love a full pool day but theres just no way. Next time, we will shoot for a longer trip.
We are doing a week but splitting it between pop and bc. It just helps our budget to do that. If you like it enough you can always go back! I planned one pool day but we just recently added park tickets because I know Dh and I won’t last at the pool all day.

We are doing a week but splitting it between pop and bc. It just helps our budget to do that. If you like it enough you can always go back! I planned one pool day but we just recently added park tickets because I know Dh and I won’t last at the pool all day.

Great idea to split it up! We have done that on a few trips. I actually like split stays; it feels like two vacations. I am a resort person too meaning I love exploring the resort and hanging out by the pool. On our last trip we stayed one night at AoA in a suite to check it out. It was a really fun night.

Great idea to split it up! We have done that on a few trips. I actually like split stays; it feels like two vacations. I am a resort person too meaning I love exploring the resort and hanging out by the pool. On our last trip we stayed one night at AoA in a suite to check it out. It was a really fun night.
That’s exactly how I am. I love split stays! Our goal is to stay at every resort so a split stay helps a lot with that. I want to stay in an AoA suite but they are expensive and it’s just the two of us. The cars area is so cool!

That’s exactly how I am. I love split stays! Our goal is to stay at every resort so a split stay helps a lot with that. I want to stay in an AoA suite but they are expensive and it’s just the two of us. The cars area is so cool!

AoA was done really well! The Cars area is super cute and the pool is adorable. I wouldn't stay there without kids or for an entire trip but they had just opened it and I wanted to check it out. Our first trip we stayed at the POR and that was a wonderful resort. They have the best food court area. Once we bought DVC, thats all we've stayed at WDW but at Disneyland we stay at all 3 hotels. Now that we are local, we mostly stay at home. LOL.

I can't believe we leave Saturday! It feels like I've been waiting forever and now its here. This week is flying by!

AoA was done really well! The Cars area is super cute and the pool is adorable. I wouldn't stay there without kids or for an entire trip but they had just opened it and I wanted to check it out. Our first trip we stayed at the POR and that was a wonderful resort. They have the best food court area. Once we bought DVC, thats all we've stayed at WDW but at Disneyland we stay at all 3 hotels. Now that we are local, we mostly stay at home. LOL.

I can't believe we leave Saturday! It feels like I've been waiting forever and now its here. This week is flying by!
I love the cozy cones at the cars pool! Our first trip we stayed at pofq and it’s our favorite resort. We’ve stayed at por as well but we liked pofq more. Both resorts are really well themed and I love walking along the river. We were thinking about going to DL last year but ended up going with wdw again. If we did DL we probably wouldn’t stay at a Disney resort.

You’re gonna have so much fun!

I love the cozy cones at the cars pool! Our first trip we stayed at pofq and it’s our favorite resort. We’ve stayed at por as well but we liked pofq more. Both resorts are really well themed and I love walking along the river. We were thinking about going to DL last year but ended up going with wdw again. If we did DL we probably wouldn’t stay at a Disney resort.

You’re gonna have so much fun!

I have a friend who loves POFQ! We were a party of 5 and if memory serves, they had a better fit for our party size so thats why we chose POR but it was 11 years ago so I could be mistaken but there was a reason. :lmao: I loved the walk along the river, so relaxing.

Disneyland Resort properties are expensive. They are building a new resort so maybe wait until thats completed. Maybe it will lower the Paradise Pier rates?

MDE is telling me 4 days now! :hyper: I think I will start packing tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter