1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

We do Chase too. And JetBlue. JetBlue earns points very quickly. Will you fly United?

I did! :woohoo: I didn't get FOP the day I wanted but I did get it and didn't have to move my days around to make it work; only had to move our Boma ADR to an earlier time on our departure day. We will ride FOP near park closing unless I can snag a FP. No issues getting Slinky or 7DMT.
I don't have JetBlue. We will most likely fly with United and ANA. The domestic flight will be with United and the international flight with ANA with a stop in between.

Well at least you got it! That's good to know that Slinky wasn't a problem. I'm not worried about getting a FP for it anyway because our HS day is day 60+6. I'm not sure if we will try to ride the Alien Saucers or not.

I don't have JetBlue. We will most likely fly with United and ANA. The domestic flight will be with United and the international flight with ANA with a stop in between.

Well at least you got it! That's good to know that Slinky wasn't a problem. I'm not worried about getting a FP for it anyway because our HS day is day 60+6. I'm not sure if we will try to ride the Alien Saucers or not.

JetBlue is really only good local flights. I use to fly a lot between Salt Lake City and Long Beach and it was easy to rack up miles. United is good! DH always flew Untied for International and then like you, the connecting airline. You are going to have so much fun! Japan looks incredible. I have a friend who is there now, working and she loves it.

::yes:: You will be fine getting Slinky that far out! Slinky and Aliens are still available on the day I chose. And its the next day! Thats promising for people. Looks like FOP is still most difficult to obtain.

JetBlue is really only good local flights. I use to fly a lot between Salt Lake City and Long Beach and it was easy to rack up miles. United is good! DH always flew Untied for International and then like you, the connecting airline. You are going to have so much fun! Japan looks incredible. I have a friend who is there now, working and she loves it.

::yes:: You will be fine getting Slinky that far out! Slinky and Aliens are still available on the day I chose. And its the next day! Thats promising for people. Looks like FOP is still most difficult to obtain.
DH and I wanted to travel out of the country before having kids. He wanted Ireland and I wanted somewhere in the Caribbean, but then I saw Tom Bricker post about Tokyo Disneyland and we both instantly changed our minds. I think it will be lots of fun! The plane ride will be long, but that's okay.

I wonder why more people are going for FOP still and why Slinky is so easy to get? Maybe people are planning on rope dropping it.

DH and I wanted to travel out of the country before having kids. He wanted Ireland and I wanted somewhere in the Caribbean, but then I saw Tom Bricker post about Tokyo Disneyland and we both instantly changed our minds. I think it will be lots of fun! The plane ride will be long, but that's okay.

I wonder why more people are going for FOP still and why Slinky is so easy to get? Maybe people are planning on rope dropping it.

Thats smart. The darling girl who used to do my hair when we lived in Utah is newly-ish married, a few years, just got back from Europe with the same thinking to travel before having kids. Ireland is a buck list for me! Tokyo Disney is supposed to be incredible. How fun to have such choices!

Will Slinky be easier to rope drop? Good thinking! The chaos of AK at rope drop sounds terrible. I am too old and too spoiled for that. ;)

Thats smart. The darling girl who used to do my hair when we lived in Utah is newly-ish married, a few years, just got back from Europe with the same thinking to travel before having kids. Ireland is a buck list for me! Tokyo Disney is supposed to be incredible. How fun to have such choices!

Will Slinky be easier to rope drop? Good thinking! The chaos of AK at rope drop sounds terrible. I am too old and too spoiled for that. ;)
DH and I really want kids, but we are okay waiting a little longer. I am also a substitute teacher waiting for a full time position at my favorite elementary school. No one has been retiring. Tokyo DisneySea looks awesome! The different "lands" look so fun!

I'm not sure if more people are wanting to rd Slinky or if it's just not something people are wanting to use a FP on.

DH and I really want kids, but we are okay waiting a little longer. I am also a substitute teacher waiting for a full time position at my favorite elementary school. No one has been retiring. Tokyo DisneySea looks awesome! The different "lands" look so fun!

I'm not sure if more people are wanting to rd Slinky or if it's just not something people are wanting to use a FP on.

That makes sense; what a wonderful profession too, a teacher. My children have been blessed with so many wonder teachers throughout their educational journey.

Tokyo DisneySea looks incredible!

I don't know but Slinky and Aliens are still totally available on our DHS day! Maybe it won't be super crowded? I have been trying to nab a FOP for our first AK day and am having zero luck.

That makes sense; what a wonderful profession too, a teacher. My children have been blessed with so many wonder teachers throughout their educational journey.

Tokyo DisneySea looks incredible!

I don't know but Slinky and Aliens are still totally available on our DHS day! Maybe it won't be super crowded? I have been trying to nab a FOP for our first AK day and am having zero luck.
I absolutely love teaching! It literally makes my day every day. There are a lot of good benefits to subbing vs. full time, but it goes both ways. I like subbing because it's flexible so DH and I can go on vacation during the school year. I also like that I can be done when the kids are done for the day and I get to experience a lot of different grades. I like the idea of full time for the better pay and I like getting to know the kids. It's hard to build a relationship as a sub.

That's weird about the two Toy Story rides. We personally didn't think FOP was that great, but I think I went in with way too high of expectations.

Yuck, that would stink to get stuck with United, they are without a doubt the WORST airline in the U.S., JetBlue is incredible, if you can fly them, do yourself a favor and do so.

Have you ever flown with Frontier?
Honestly, I cant say I have, but at least with them you know what you are getting into upfront, United refuses to take responsibility for their actions. My wife was removed from a leg of a flight with them once and was delayed 6 hours for a leg of the flight that took an hour. Then they had that incident where they beat that guy senseless. They have kicked off people with service animals because the passenger next to them didn't like them being there, the list goes on and on. I quite literally would cancel an entire trip before flying United.

Honestly, if I can fly JetBlue, I will, even if they are a little higher than the competition. Luckily they are usually at least $30 cheaper, for my upcoming flight in January, they were around $70 cheaper per ticket than American Airlines, which was the second cheapest and Jetblue had nonstop flights, AA did not. JetBlue beds over backwards to help those who need assistance of pretty much any kind. They treat everyone with dignity and respect.

I absolutely love teaching! It literally makes my day every day. There are a lot of good benefits to subbing vs. full time, but it goes both ways. I like subbing because it's flexible so DH and I can go on vacation during the school year. I also like that I can be done when the kids are done for the day and I get to experience a lot of different grades. I like the idea of full time for the better pay and I like getting to know the kids. It's hard to build a relationship as a sub.

That's weird about the two Toy Story rides. We personally didn't think FOP was that great, but I think I went in with way too high of expectations.

Subbing is tough; I did it for a few months years ago and realized teaching was not a good fit for me. I went into mental health instead and I love it! Send ing lots of good vibes that a full-time position presents itself. :hug:

One of my good friends didn't love FOP ether; said it was a one and done. In all honesty, I think thats what it'll be for me but we will see.

Yuck, that would stink to get stuck with United, they are without a doubt the WORST airline in the U.S., JetBlue is incredible, if you can fly them, do yourself a favor and do so.

I love JetBlue too! Its easy to earn points as well. Their customer service has always been A+. We have had bad luck with United domestically but internationally they have been awesome. Frontier is a nightmare; worst ever. :scared:

Honestly, I cant say I have, but at least with them you know what you are getting into upfront, United refuses to take responsibility for their actions. My wife was removed from a leg of a flight with them once and was delayed 6 hours for a leg of the flight that took an hour. Then they had that incident where they beat that guy senseless. They have kicked off people with service animals because the passenger next to them didn't like them being there, the list goes on and on. I quite literally would cancel an entire trip before flying United.

Honestly, if I can fly JetBlue, I will, even if they are a little higher than the competition. Luckily they are usually at least $30 cheaper, for my upcoming flight in January, they were around $70 cheaper per ticket than American Airlines, which was the second cheapest and Jetblue had nonstop flights, AA did not. JetBlue beds over backwards to help those who need assistance of pretty much any kind. They treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Frontier is the bottom of the barrel. We’ve had lots of issues but we still fly with them because they are so cheap. I will fly with anyone that is cheap, but efficient when it comes to plane duration. We have no problems with united and will probably fly with them if they offer the cheapest, fastest flight. The only other airline I saw with a good deal was delta but we can’t use our award points with them.

Subbing is tough; I did it for a few months years ago and realized teaching was not a good fit for me. I went into mental health instead and I love it! Send ing lots of good vibes that a full-time position presents itself. :hug:

One of my good friends didn't love FOP ether; said it was a one and done. In all honesty, I think thats what it'll be for me but we will see.

I love JetBlue too! Its easy to earn points as well. Their customer service has always been A+. We have had bad luck with United domestically but internationally they have been awesome. Frontier is a nightmare; worst ever. :scared:
I only dislike subbing when I’m not at my preferred school. I almost cringe when another school calls me lol. It helps that I’m well known at this school now so I’m there at least 3 times a week usually. I just did 2 long term positions there last year and got asked to do 3.

Frontier is horrible but it’s so cheap. We are the type of people to go with cheap rather than quality. It just helps us pay for more things we’d like to do.

Frontier is the bottom of the barrel. We’ve had lots of issues but we still fly with them because they are so cheap. I will fly with anyone that is cheap, but efficient when it comes to plane duration. We have no problems with united and will probably fly with them if they offer the cheapest, fastest flight. The only other airline I saw with a good deal was delta but we can’t use our award points with them.

I like Delta too but we don't accumulate points with them so will only book them if they're the cheapest which does happen on the rare occasion. LOL. What is your home airport? I think Spirit Air is even worse than Frontier. They are the ones that charge for every little thing, even a purse if I am not mistaken.

I only dislike subbing when I’m not at my preferred school. I almost cringe when another school calls me lol. It helps that I’m well known at this school now so I’m there at least 3 times a week usually. I just did 2 long term positions there last year and got asked to do 3.

Frontier is horrible but it’s so cheap. We are the type of people to go with cheap rather than quality. It just helps us pay for more things we’d like to do.

Thats wonderful to get to sub at the school where you want a long term position! It'll be an easier transition once a full-time spot becomes available. Here's hoping it happens soon for you! pixiedust:

I like Delta too but we don't accumulate points with them so will only book them if they're the cheapest which does happen on the rare occasion. LOL. What is your home airport? I think Spirit Air is even worse than Frontier. They are the ones that charge for every little thing, even a purse if I am not mistaken.

Thats wonderful to get to sub at the school where you want a long term position! It'll be an easier transition once a full-time spot becomes available. Here's hoping it happens soon for you! pixiedust:
We will be using credit card rewards and it looks United works but not delta. We could do delta if we cash out our rewards but won’t get as good of a deal. I’ve never flown spirit but it looks terrible lol. To be fair though, their whole slogan is about traveling light.

It gives me good experience to sub in my desired school district. I would be a little upset if they did have a full time position and I didn't get it, but I've kind of learned that most things happen for a reason. DH and I like me subbing because it's super flexible for us to take work off.

We will be using credit card rewards and it looks United works but not delta. We could do delta if we cash out our rewards but won’t get as good of a deal. I’ve never flown spirit but it looks terrible lol. To be fair though, their whole slogan is about traveling light.

It gives me good experience to sub in my desired school district. I would be a little upset if they did have a full time position and I didn't get it, but I've kind of learned that most things happen for a reason. DH and I like me subbing because it's super flexible for us to take work off.

Flexibility is a wonderful thing to have! Being able to travel off season is the best; we did that a lot when our children were little.

Most things do happen for a reason. I just wish the reason presented itself a little sooner. ;)

Flexibility is a wonderful thing to have! Being able to travel off season is the best; we did that a lot when our children were little.

Most things do happen for a reason. I just wish the reason presented itself a little sooner. ;)
I'm still holding out for a full time position, but I can't complain about the flexibility lol.

Are you getting excited for your trip?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter