1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

I know. I have woken up the past two mornings thinking I missed my 4 am FP+ wake up call. :lmao: I was just trying to explain in to DH and he's like: its worse than trying to get U2 tickets. Yup.
Yeah DH doesn't really understand the amount of work that goes into planning a Disney trip. Most people actually don't understand it and complain after showing up with no plan to go off of. I've been trying to include DH more with dining plans and FPs, but his patience is limited.

Yeah DH doesn't really understand the amount of work that goes into planning a Disney trip. Most people actually don't understand it and complain after showing up with no plan to go off of. I've been trying to include DH more with dining plans and FPs, but his patience is limited.

Yeah, I can see how not knowing could really impact a trip, having to stand in mega lines. My friend is going for two weeks at the end of this month. She is currently planning her days. I think she has made a few FPs but with two weeks there is the option for a more relaxed trip.

Hahaha. ;) Mine paid attention and was a surprised how much effort goes into obtaining FPs for WDW. We are locals to the Disneyland Resort and its no where near as time consuming. Of course, its a much smaller resort.

3 days! I am wondering if the 3 includes today? I have the date to make FPs set for 6/6. :hyper:

Yeah, I can see how not knowing could really impact a trip, having to stand in mega lines. My friend is going for two weeks at the end of this month. She is currently planning her days. I think she has made a few FPs but with two weeks there is the option for a more relaxed trip.

Hahaha. ;) Mine paid attention and was a surprised how much effort goes into obtaining FPs for WDW. We are locals to the Disneyland Resort and its no where near as time consuming. Of course, its a much smaller resort.

3 days! I am wondering if the 3 includes today? I have the date to make FPs set for 6/6. :hyper:
I've heard complaints from people that went and stood in line all day (I heard this in the Orlando airport before flying home). I was eavesdropping, but I thought I would ask when they made their FPs. They said they didn't know they could have those until they got to the park... I calmly replied and just said that if you stay at a Disney hotel you can make them at 60 days out and that's probably why there weren't any good FPs left. They looked pretty mad, but you have to research before you travel somewhere right? We are going to Japan next year and I've been researching like crazy and it's still a year away lol.

We've never been to Disneyland but we want to go! We were going to go last year for our anniversary, but plane tickets are SO much cheaper for us to go to Orlando.

What day do you arrive again?

I've heard complaints from people that went and stood in line all day (I heard this in the Orlando airport before flying home). I was eavesdropping, but I thought I would ask when they made their FPs. They said they didn't know they could have those until they got to the park... I calmly replied and just said that if you stay at a Disney hotel you can make them at 60 days out and that's probably why there weren't any good FPs left. They looked pretty mad, but you have to research before you travel somewhere right? We are going to Japan next year and I've been researching like crazy and it's still a year away lol.

We've never been to Disneyland but we want to go! We were going to go last year for our anniversary, but plane tickets are SO much cheaper for us to go to Orlando.

What day do you arrive again?

::yes:: You have to research. Good advice you gave them; they'll know for next time.

Japan?! How exciting!!! :woohoo:

We arrive 8/5. :hyper: FP day is Wednesday if I did my math correctly.

::yes:: You have to research. Good advice you gave them; they'll know for next time.

Japan?! How exciting!!! :woohoo:

We arrive 8/5. :hyper: FP day is Wednesday if I did my math correctly.
Yep you did your math correctly. I got Wednesday as your 60 days out.

We are SUPER excited for Japan! It will be DH's first trip out of the country and it will be my first trip out of the country without my family going. We are excited to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. We will also be staying in Kyoto for awhile and in Shibuya.

Yep you did your math correctly. I got Wednesday as your 60 days out.

We are SUPER excited for Japan! It will be DH's first trip out of the country and it will be my first trip out of the country without my family going. We are excited to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. We will also be staying in Kyoto for awhile and in Shibuya.

Thanks for double checking my math. I woke up at 4 am today without an alarm. :blush: I think my body is preparing. :lmao: The site is a mess today. :scared: Took forever to load on my desktop, still won't load on my phone. Ughhhhhhhh!!!!

Japan sounds wonderful! Next Spring/summer? How long?

We love Disneyland but ::yes:: go where its cheaper to get to.

Thanks for double checking my math. I woke up at 4 am today without an alarm. :blush: I think my body is preparing. :lmao: The site is a mess today. :scared: Took forever to load on my desktop, still won't load on my phone. Ughhhhhhhh!!!!

Japan sounds wonderful! Next Spring/summer? How long?

We love Disneyland but ::yes:: go where its cheaper to get to.
We are planning on next May after Golden Week and for 14 days (16 if you count travel days). I've never been on a trip that long so it will be a whole new experience!!

We'll get to Disneyland eventually lol

We are planning on next May after Golden Week and for 14 days (16 if you count travel days). I've never been on a trip that long so it will be a whole new experience!!

We'll get to Disneyland eventually lol

That’s wonderfully exciting! Disneyland can wait; you’re going Japan!

We waited two hours during Moonlight Magic for FOP; the returned With a fast pass and only waited five minutes.

FOP is probably the best ride Disney has ever done, and I am no big Avatar fan. The Navi river ride is pretty but that is about it.

We waited two hours during Moonlight Magic for FOP; the returned With a fast pass and only waited five minutes.

FOP is probably the best ride Disney has ever done, and I am no big Avatar fan. The Navi river ride is pretty but that is about it.

I am so excited to ride it! What did you do for two hours while waiting?

I get more excited as every day passes and it isn't even for another year!

Planning just elongates the experience. :teeth: :woohoo:

I am so excited to ride it! What did you do for two hours while waiting?

Planning just elongates the experience. :teeth: :woohoo:
It's so true! I have been planning like crazy and I've been watching plane tickets like a hawk lol. They don't have plane tickets for May yet, but I'm trying to watch to see price trends and how long the typical flight will be.

It's so true! I have been planning like crazy and I've been watching plane tickets like a hawk lol. They don't have plane tickets for May yet, but I'm trying to watch to see price trends and how long the typical flight will be.

Kayak has flights now. They'll be extra high as its so far away but you can start getting alerts. Flights aren't out for our March 2019 cruise but I have started getting alerts.

I am making my FP plan for the morning. I feel crazy! :crazy:

Kayak has flights now. They'll be extra high as its so far away but you can start getting alerts. Flights aren't out for our March 2019 cruise but I have started getting alerts.

I am making my FP plan for the morning. I feel crazy! :crazy:
I did see that Kayak has flights up. I haven't been checking much on there because I've been using the calendar view on Google Flights. I think we will likely spend $2500 on plane tickets, but we get rewards with our credit cards.

You're not crazy for making a plan! It's always better to be prepared.

I did see that Kayak has flights up. I haven't been checking much on there because I've been using the calendar view on Google Flights. I think we will likely spend $2500 on plane tickets, but we get rewards with our credit cards.

You're not crazy for making a plan! It's always better to be prepared.

Love those CC rewards. They are a ;lifesaver and they add up quickly.

FPs made! Glad that's over. LOL.

Love those CC rewards. They are a ;lifesaver and they add up quickly.

FPs made! Glad that's over. LOL.
We just started with a Chase business card. We have never done the CC rewards before except for the Discover cash back. The Chase cards should help us pay for our plane tickets!

Did you get everything you wanted?!

We just started with a Chase business card. We have never done the CC rewards before except for the Discover cash back. The Chase cards should help us pay for our plane tickets!

Did you get everything you wanted?!

We do Chase too. And JetBlue. JetBlue earns points very quickly. Will you fly United?

I did! :woohoo: I didn't get FOP the day I wanted but I did get it and didn't have to move my days around to make it work; only had to move our Boma ADR to an earlier time on our departure day. We will ride FOP near park closing unless I can snag a FP. No issues getting Slinky or 7DMT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!