1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

I have a friend who loves POFQ! We were a party of 5 and if memory serves, they had a better fit for our party size so thats why we chose POR but it was 11 years ago so I could be mistaken but there was a reason. :lmao: I loved the walk along the river, so relaxing.

Disneyland Resort properties are expensive. They are building a new resort so maybe wait until thats completed. Maybe it will lower the Paradise Pier rates?

MDE is telling me 4 days now! :hyper: I think I will start packing tonight.
No I think you’re right. I don’t believe pofq has rooms that sleep 5. POR is nice too it’s just more spread out.

If I stayed at Disneyland and did a Disney hotel it would be nice to do one of the more expensive ones but that may not happen. We joined the “credit card” game and are getting quite a few points through that. We are actually flying to Japan for free on points in business class which is completely new to me.

Omg 4 days! I’m excited for you! We were just given 4 tickets from Disney because I emailed my concerns about the after hours event.

No I think you’re right. I don’t believe pofq has rooms that sleep 5. POR is nice too it’s just more spread out.

If I stayed at Disneyland and did a Disney hotel it would be nice to do one of the more expensive ones but that may not happen. We joined the “credit card” game and are getting quite a few points through that. We are actually flying to Japan for free on points in business class which is completely new to me.

Omg 4 days! I’m excited for you! We were just given 4 tickets from Disney because I emailed my concerns about the after hours event.

Very nice and a big resort! It was perfect for our first trip.

Nice flying for essentially free! :woohoo: The Disney rewards $$ can add up; make sure you put all Disney purchases on it.

Wow! What were your concerns? Was that this past weekend?

Very nice and a big resort! It was perfect for our first trip.

Nice flying for essentially free! :woohoo: The Disney rewards $$ can add up; make sure you put all Disney purchases on it.

Wow! What were your concerns? Was that this past weekend?
We don’t have a Disney credit card but went with a chase card instead. Any Disney purchases usually give us x3 for points which is nice!

I just told them that we went to a sold out one in March and the one in July felt a lot more crowded. There have been reports that people were sharing their lanyards so they didn’t all have to buy a ticket for the event. We also weren’t always able to get drinks because the carts ran out even though they advertise unlimited drinks. It was just kind of a weird night. We still had fun but I didn’t feel they did what they could for how much the event costs. We had lots of fun in March so idk what happened this time.

We don’t have a Disney credit card but went with a chase card instead. Any Disney purchases usually give us x3 for points which is nice!

I just told them that we went to a sold out one in March and the one in July felt a lot more crowded. There have been reports that people were sharing their lanyards so they didn’t all have to buy a ticket for the event. We also weren’t always able to get drinks because the carts ran out even though they advertise unlimited drinks. It was just kind of a weird night. We still had fun but I didn’t feel they did what they could for how much the event costs. We had lots of fun in March so idk what happened this time.

Oh my gosh, that stinks if people are sharing their lanyards. Its so unfair. I'm sure its the crowds that impacted that evening. I am glad they gave you tickets though! Its nice when they acknowledge the issue and try to remedy it.

We leave Saturday! :hyper: It feels like I have been waiting forever, lol, 5 months, and now its here! And I have so much to do. :blush: Thankfully our flight is Saturday at 10 pm so I have the day to pack. I use to pack a week before and somehow I've turned into a day before/day of packer.

Oh my gosh, that stinks if people are sharing their lanyards. Its so unfair. I'm sure its the crowds that impacted that evening. I am glad they gave you tickets though! Its nice when they acknowledge the issue and try to remedy it.

We leave Saturday! :hyper: It feels like I have been waiting forever, lol, 5 months, and now its here! And I have so much to do. :blush: Thankfully our flight is Saturday at 10 pm so I have the day to pack. I use to pack a week before and somehow I've turned into a day before/day of packer.
I didn’t actually see the lanyard sharing so I can’t report for sure that it happened. I did think it was strange that it was more crowded when it wasn’t sold out and the one in March was. I’m wondering if they sold more tickets this time around. There just seemed to be people everywhere. The lines weren’t too bad but mine train was a 20 minute wait.

Your flight leaves at 10pm? What time do you land then? I’m the same way with packing. I used to plan everything out about a week ahead and now I pack one or two days before.

I didn’t actually see the lanyard sharing so I can’t report for sure that it happened. I did think it was strange that it was more crowded when it wasn’t sold out and the one in March was. I’m wondering if they sold more tickets this time around. There just seemed to be people everywhere. The lines weren’t too bad but mine train was a 20 minute wait.

Your flight leaves at 10pm? What time do you land then? I’m the same way with packing. I used to plan everything out about a week ahead and now I pack one or two days before.

Of course but if it was more crowded and less tickets were sold, its probably a safe bet thats what was happening.

We land at 6:30 am but it'll feel like 3:30 am as we live in California. I promised myself I would pack tonight. DH is working a short fireworks shift so he'll be gone for a bit. Its sooooo much easier to pack when he's gone. I tend to walk around in circles, fairly disorganized when I pack, so its nice not to have the commentary. LOL! ;) Its all in good fun but still....He can pack in 10 minutes. Hahaha!

Of course but if it was more crowded and less tickets were sold, its probably a safe bet thats what was happening.

We land at 6:30 am but it'll feel like 3:30 am as we live in California. I promised myself I would pack tonight. DH is working a short fireworks shift so he'll be gone for a bit. Its sooooo much easier to pack when he's gone. I tend to walk around in circles, fairly disorganized when I pack, so its nice not to have the commentary. LOL! ;) Its all in good fun but still....He can pack in 10 minutes. Hahaha!
That seems like a long night! We’ve never flown over night before but will when we go to Japan. Dh can pack really fast but he always forgets something so I have to ask him if he has each thing lol.

That seems like a long night! We’ve never flown over night before but will when we go to Japan. Dh can pack really fast but he always forgets something so I have to ask him if he has each thing lol.

::yes:: It is a long night. Thankfully its bedtime but I am trying to figure out the best strategy to sleep on the plane.

LOL. All men. ;) All women. :lmao: We all do the same dance.

::yes:: It is a long night. Thankfully its bedtime but I am trying to figure out the best strategy to sleep on the plane.

LOL. All men. ;) All women. :lmao: We all do the same dance.
I have gotten way better at sleeping in uncomfortable places. I used to be the person that couldn’t sleep unless it was pitch black and never took naps. Now I’m so tired all the time that I sleep anywhere lol

I have gotten way better at sleeping in uncomfortable places. I used to be the person that couldn’t sleep unless it was pitch black and never took naps. Now I’m so tired all the time that I sleep anywhere lol

I am so envious! I have always been a poor sleeper. I still don't nap and am naturally awake, like really awake, by 6 am. Not sure how I am going to handle the late nights this trip. Its a gift to be able to sleep.

We leave tonight!!! :woohoo: :hyper:

I am so envious! I have always been a poor sleeper. I still don't nap and am naturally awake, like really awake, by 6 am. Not sure how I am going to handle the late nights this trip. Its a gift to be able to sleep.

We leave tonight!!! :woohoo: :hyper:
I think I just don’t get enough sleep so I’m able to sleep easily lol. I typically go to bed at 11 or later and wake up at 6:40 for work. Dh and I survive on monster drinks.

Omg have fun!!!

I think I just don’t get enough sleep so I’m able to sleep easily lol. I typically go to bed at 11 or later and wake up at 6:40 for work. Dh and I survive on monster drinks.

Omg have fun!!!

Monster drinks! LOL! I don't think I have ever had more than a sip of one. Maybe a Red Bull years ago. My natural anxiety level is way to high for that. :blush:

Thanks! We are packed! I am going to the beach with our middle DD in a bit to try to burn some energy before we leave tonight for the airport. I am admittedly nuts on travel days.

Monster drinks! LOL! I don't think I have ever had more than a sip of one. Maybe a Red Bull years ago. My natural anxiety level is way to high for that. :blush:

Thanks! We are packed! I am going to the beach with our middle DD in a bit to try to burn some energy before we leave tonight for the airport. I am admittedly nuts on travel days.
I used to take pills for traveling. I would get anxiety whenever I traveled somewhere new but I stopped taking them and I’ve found ways to get through it without the pills. We love monster! We drink the zero calorie one. We buy the huge case of them on amazon lol

The beach will be fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter