1 day in Epcot

Karen M

Earning My Ears
If you had one today to spend in Epcot with a 6 year old boy (me 34 dh 36) what would your day look like? Staying at ASM. Thanks

Rides throughout FutureWorld, be amazed by the skipping fountain (never fails to fascinate me), then off to the WS to visit the pavilions of our choice. Definitely stops at France, Germany, and Japan for shade and rest on this end. Eat where you want to there are few places there that are not worthy w/ the exception of the United States where the same food can be purchased at all the other parks. Sadly missed opportunity.

Last edited:
We are always on a budget and can only spend 1 day at Epcot. With good planning, we get a good chunk of the park done in a day. Here's what our plan usually looks like with kids:

-Be there 30-45 minutes before posted opening time. Allows you to get through security and be at the front of the 'rope drop' crowd.
-Rope drop Test Track.
-Ride Soarin' (wait won't be long at this point).
-Ride Livin' with the Land
-Ride Journey into imagination. Enjoy the interactive games after exiting the ride. Play in the jumping fountain outside the building!
-Ride Spaceship Earth using a fp (11:00-12:00ish)
-Go to Club Cool and sample some free sodas! Have a snack
-Ride Nemo using a fp (12:00-1:00ish). Explore the Aquarium. Go see Turtle Talk with Crush
-Start WS in Mexico. We often make reservations to eat a sit down meal here. The kids love the atmosphere and all of the free nacho chips/salsa while we wait for our food to arrive.
-Ride the Mexico Boat Ride
-Ride Frozen in Norway using a fp (2:30-3:30ish)
-Walk around the WS clockwise and stop to look at things that are interesting to the kids (ie: the miniature trainset outside of Germany, splashing in the fountains in Italy, watching the film in France, etc.)
-We often stop for snacks or a picnic Supper at the back of the UK pavilion in the garden. The kids love to run around the maze back there.
-Explore Canada (waterfalls, paths, gardens) and maybe watch the film if time.
-Grab a seat around the lagoon to watch Illuminations. When it's done, you'll be right near the path to the front of the park, making you ahead of the pack for exiting :)

Whew. Hope that detailed itinerary helps!!

Soarin, livin with the land, pixar film festival, turtle talk with crush, jumping water fountain, test track, mexico ride, watch the miniature train in Germany, explore the different countries ( try different snacks) some of the performances in each country are amazing, jugglers, acrobats, etc... check out the schedule. Epcot has been my kids favorite park since they were little.

Adding on the drummers in Japan and Jeweled Dragon Acrobats of China. Lots of free and engrossing entertainment in the WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter