• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 day diet

aaroncg

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard or done the 1 day diet.?? I am thinking about doing the program. if you do the program for 90 days they give you a $1,000. I only have 6 months to lose 50 lbs. untill our disney trip so i dont want to be wasting my time if this program doesnt work. Thanks, Gina

How can you do a 1 day diet for 90 days? Who pays the $1k?

The 1 day diet is that you eat your reg. meals for 1 day without restricting your calories (called your non diet day) and the next you eat these wafers every hour with some fruit. the wafers are suppose to have lots of nutrients and they make you feel full. so you have a diet day and a nondiet day. and you keep that up until you lose your weight. i called a number and they need people to do the study with before and after photos and a testermonial at the end of the 90 days to tell people how it worked and then they pay you the $1,000. i signed up but i was wanting to see if anyone has done this and how good it worked. They said you can lose alot of weight plus i am paying food money for me to eat only 2 weeks out of the month so i am saving money on food plus i get a $1,000 and its all going to Disney :banana: :yay: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

How do you get signed up for this trial? is there a number to call, or is it limited to a particular area? thanks

Where do I sign up?! This sounds interesting enough, but I wonder if it is some sort of scam? Is it even remotely healthy? I might want to look more into it...

OKAY- I know there ae people out there that says that we should just eat healthy and the weight will come off. YES I know that. I have been over weight for 12 years. It is hard for me to diet. I LOVE food plus my husband can care less if I am over weight. He thinks I look sexy now. so that makes it hard so when i eat right and am hungry in the back of my mind I think who cares my husband likes me the way i look so why am i torturing myself. But I dont like the way I look. I have been on MANY diets. I have tried them all. I did lose 25 lbs. on Nutrisystem in 3 months but I did cheat ALOT. and 1 1/2 years later i gained it all back. The thought on being on a diet for months and months without eating REAL food makes me hard to do it. I dont have the willpower. With a husband and 4 kids I want to enjoy life. I know how to eat healthy. I jsut dont want to all the time. So that is why i am going to try this diet. Yes one day of eating nothing might sound bad but knowing in my mind that the next day i dont have to watch my carbs. and i can eat REal food sounds good to me. And with this diet you are eating REAL food so when you go off your body has been eating real food the whole time so the minute you eat a bagle (low carb diets) you ae not going to gain the weight back. everybody has thier own way and i have tried them all. Nutrisystem is the only thing that came close to working but when you go off and eat REal food not low glysemic ( sp??) i gained it back. So for 90 days I am going to try this. I have never been on a diet for that long without cheating all the time. so my stuff will come in about 2 weeks and I will let ya'll know how is is going. Hopefullly it works and if it doesnt then I learned my lesson ( okay- probably not cause i am a sucker for things :rolleyes1 ) If anyone out there would like to join me GREAT. we can try it toghter and earn our money. I will post when i get the order and then post on how it is going and how much i am losing. I lost the number that i got off the radio but here is the coustmer service number they gave me when i signed up 1-800-344-1805. They are closed on weekends but if you listen to the radio you can get the # off of there that is 24/7. let me know if you guys have anymore questions. I want to weigh 135 by july for our upcomming Disney trip in Aug. That means I need to lose 50 LBS. . Just please remember what works for one doesnt work for another. I have been there and done that. Good luck to all, Gina

So, basically, their plan is eat all you want of whatever you want on even days, and eat nothing except their wafers on odd days?

How much do they charge for these wafers, and what's really in them?

What did your doctor say about this plan when you asked him?

Offered as gently as possible by someone who completely understands the desperation of wanting to make the weight go away by any means possible:

You already did the NutriSystem thing and gained it all back when you stopped the program. This program teaches you to eat indiscriminately on your eating days... what's going to happen when you stop the "wafer days" and just eat your regular way every day? This is a real problem with all of the plans that require you to eat special foods rather than teaching good everyday (and lifetime long) eating habits.

A last thought: WISH is We're Inspired to Stay Healthy. There are lots of unhealthy ways to lose weight that put your health at risk, and this may well be one of them.

Please, please check with your doctor before embarking on any program this drastic or trying to lose such a substantial amount of weight. We really do want you to stay healthy. :sunny:

Well said Kathy.

One of the many docs that DH has seen for various medical needs has summed up the weight issue/eating problem, for those of us who might have it, quite simply...if you eat more than your body is burning then you are eating too much.

Yes easier said than done for people like me who live to eat. I look to all my comfort foods when stress is beating toward me. (and I perceive myself to be under stress more than I care to) My choice is to learn how to eath healthy to be healthy. I WISH it were easy. Healthy choices for healthy living.

Good luck to you on your quest for being a healthier you!

Gina I have been there and done that AND developed an eating disorder. Yes--I know ALL the ways to get pounds off fast. I cannot in good conscious not share information that I feel may be better for a fellow wisher especially when that something is a "get thin quick" plan. So when others try to share that type of stuff--just remember we are all trying to help each other.

You are right--what works for one person doesn't work for another. I am convinced that WW doens't work for me b/c I am convinced that with all the points they grant me...I will starve to death. I have yet to prove this--I just get too hungry on the plan.

I tried a 72 hour diet--do the protein shake thing for one day--then fruit the next day. It was nasty and I GAINED weight. Don't know what happened to the "lose up to 9 pounds" bit. Don't know what I was thinking with that one. And that was this month!

Kathy is right--what happens when all this stops? IF your husband thinks you are sexy--why risk health just for Disney photos?

Please take your package when you receive it to your doctor. If he/she okays it--then I hope it works for you.

I don't know what your definition of real food is. But a human as Lily said--cannot be svelte if they are constantly consuming more than they burn. Real food is "whole" foods.

I always say "yeah right" to people who say they just enjoy everything in moderation. But that is what I am teaching myself--to learn how to enjoy everything in moderation. I have been known to eat an entire package of grapes in one sitting and an entire package of cookies at the next sitting. It's a pain--it aint' easy..and I must say...that show "The Biggest Loser"--those trainers are on to something!

Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter