1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise=A Mickeystoontown report 4/3x2

Wonderful updates. Can't wait to see wishes! I know you are sad to say good-bye, but you get to say Hello! Soon!!

Terrific Photopass Pictures, Lisa. The ones of the kids on Buzz had me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: They are priceless!

Hunter standing backwards!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: I can't wait to meet him in May.

Thanks Kathy! Hunter is a mess and a half...never a dull moment with him around.

Wonderful Wishes pictures, ALL of them! I am missing the magic kingdom something wicked right now too, so thanks for sharing those :) I also need voice lessons! (Though somehow I doubt it would help! :rotfl: ) Love the fooling around photos too, so much fun!
And a bunch of wonderful Photopass pics too, too funny about Hunters backwards pic!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I doubt that voice lessons would help me either. :rotfl2: I sink like a cat that got his tail stuck under a rocking chair. Screeeeeeech!

Hey Lisa,

I used your links & got caught up. but it means I missed all the fun in between stuff. sorry :(

No need to apologize! I am often behind and have to skip through the chatter.

You seriously did a lot on your last day. No wonder Mamaw had to call it a day early!

We did pack in quite a bit of stuff on our last day. I'm glad that we gave the kids some time in the parks by themselves and John and I went exploring.

I loved your excursion to the Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness. They are probably my most favorite themes - just outdoorsy, great northwest. We stayed at WLR twice and I just loved stealing a bit of time every morning to enjoy coffee In front of that big stacked stone fireplace in a rocker. sigh. wish I was there right now!!!

I love that outdoorsy feel too which is probably why we live in a log house on acreage. ;) Gotta sit outside and smell the roses.

Where about in MK did you have the silhouettes done? they are so very pretty and I am not sure I have ever seen them before.

I've seen the silhouettes in two places in the Magic Kingdom. The first is in a little alcove on the right hand side of Main Street. There is a cart set up there. And, then, the other is behind the Christmas shop in Liberty Square. You know where the bridge goes from the Crystal Palace and cuts through to Liberty Square? It's near the end of the bridge.

guess I need to get my own TR in order....feeling like quite a slacker now!

I slacked a lot lately too! I couldn't get caught up no matter how hard I tried.

Okay, since you started your Wishes update with a song I couldn't resist turning on the soundtrack for Wishes while I looked at your pictures. pixiedust: Wishes is our family's ABSOLUTE FAVORITE of all Disney experiences...EVER. It holds a very special place in our hearts. :cloud9: Thanks for taking me back to that happy place. :goodvibes Like you, I MISS DISNEY!!!!! :sad:

Oh what I wouldn't give to be listening to that soundtrack right now! Ahhhhh!

Love your wishes pics and photopass pics. My favorite is Lacey and Hunter on Buzz. So funny! And sheesh, Hunter is tall, isn't he? I really noticed it when he was standing next to you and John.

So sad your trip is over. :(

Yep, he keeps getting taller and taller and his feet keep getting bigger and bigger. Almost 6 foot tall and a size 13 shoe. :faint:

We are going to say good bye just in time to say hello again to the MK!!!!

I am ready to scream a big HELLO down Main Street right now!

Great "silly" photos while waiting for the crowds to go away and that Buzz pic of Hunter and Lacey had me spitting coke! :rotfl2:

I wonder who they get their silliness from? ;)

Have you gotten all of your FP+ reservations yet? Whew, I just need Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Wishes, then we're all set. It's coming up soon and I can't wait!

I did get the ones that I wanted but now am thinking about changing up a couple. I just wonder how long the other lines are going to be. I have heard good reports and bad reports.

Have you heard anything about the Mine Train or Wishes FP? I think that I read that they were only taking them through April right now. Well, for Wishes and the parade that is.

This is so hilarious...this is one of Keith's favorite lines. Mine is "Still got the baggies!" and Keith also loves saying "Stop being coy"! Love that movie! :rotfl:

Love the Wishes pics! I'm with you...love the castle, the Wishes, love Main Street and even love the Tangled restrooms...if it's Magic Kingdom....love it! Great PhotoPass pics too!!

I'm happy to hear that it's not just our family who loves that movie. We are suckers for a good old so-stupid-it's-funny movie. :p

You (and Hunter!) got some fantastic pictures during Wishes!

The Photopass pictures are great too!!!

I thought that the pictures turned out pretty good even though one of the cameras didn't have a fireworks setting.

Caught up again! I've been following along, just haven't had a chance to post lately. Loving all of your pictures!! Sad to see the trip ending, but very glad to know another will follow soon.

Hello Mrs. Travel Woman! I enjoyed looking at your vacation pictures on Facebook. Looks like ya'll had a great time.

We are counting down the days until we are back at Walt Disney World!

So sad to see this TR ending as well. All of my faves are winding down and I have finished my own. Going to go through Disney withdrawal now.

Loved the photopass pix! The kids on Buzz were cracking me up!!! And your family photo to the side of the castle was really nice.

Ahhhh, the last "Wish"! So beautiful.

Any Disney trips on the horizon for you guys?

The kids are crazy! They have always always made silly faces in pictures.

Just awesome pictures of the fireworks ! Awesome photopass pictures ! You did a great job on your trip report :thumbsup2

Thank you! I am sad to see it coming to an end but I'm looking forward to sharing all the details of our upcoming trip.

I so need to see Wishes now and good for you for singing along :)

I will sing (and dance) despite the fact that I have no singing skills at all! Poor people around me. :lmao:

Wonderful updates. Can't wait to see wishes! I know you are sad to say good-bye, but you get to say Hello! Soon!!

Wishes is fantastic! Love it! I'm more than ready to say Hello to WDW again!

Well, ya'll, I was writing up the last installment of the trip report and was halfway through when Photobucket started acting all wonky on me. Won't let me copy the links so I'll shut it down for the evening and try again in the morning. So much for finishing this one up and starting the pre-trip report today. :sad2:

Fun times at the dance party. Looks like you were all twerking. LOL
I hate rude people blocking the views.
Nice Wishes pics.
Nice castle shot.
LOL. The faces on Buzz.
All caught up again.

Fun times at the dance party. Looks like you were all twerking. LOL
I hate rude people blocking the views.
Nice Wishes pics.
Nice castle shot.
LOL. The faces on Buzz.
All caught up again.

I can only imagine what I'd look like if I tried to twerk! Way worse than I can imagine!

Aren't the Buzz pictures funny!?! I love those!

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our family...I don't wanna go home!

Most of our friends, co-workers and extended family think that it’s just me that wants to go to Disney over and over again. I can tell you with no uncertainty that that is not the case. John and Hunter enjoy the trips as much as I do. Almost every single trip, on the last day, John asks if we should try to stay just one more day. As much as we would like it, it just doesn’t work for us. The drive back home is over 800 miles and it can take anywhere from 13 ½ to 16 hours depending on traffic and weather. And, we leave on a Saturday and need part of Sunday to rest up for the new workweek that begins on Monday. Even knowing that, John still asked and we thought about it and, as always, rejected the idea. :worried:

Sooooo, with slumped shoulders and heads hung low, we packed up everything that we could that night and even took some of the luggage out to the SCAR and loaded it into the luggage carrier. We wanted to get as much done as we could so that we didn’t have to get up and leave at the buttcrack of dawn. We’ve found that leaving super early just makes us more tired mid-day so we might as well get as much rest as we can and then head out about 9:00 a.m. or so.

Oh and I forgot to say that we checked in with Mama when we got back to the resort. She already had all of her stuff packed up and would only have to pack the last bit in the morning. We figured out what time we would try to leave and we bid each other goodnight.

Stitch woke us up with his “Good Morning!” wake-up call and we went about our morning routine and tossed in the remaining few essentials. We called Lacey and told her that we would be leaving soon and they came over while we finished up. Not only were we saying goodbye to Disney but it was time to say goodbye to all our family....I don’t wanna go home! I wanted to stay and soak in more family time in the most magical place on Earth! But, it was time. Hugs and kisses were passed around (and a few tears were shed :sad1:) and Lacey and Jesse went back to their room and we finished packing the SCAR.

Before leaving, we went over to the food court to use our last few snack credits. Then, it was time to really and truly hit the road. We pulled out of the parking lot and behind a Disney bus that was full of happy guests going to the parks:

I handed the camera off to Hunter and he took the following pictures:

the last pass under the WDW archway/welcome sign:

Thank goodness we are going back in May or I’d probably be crying right now thinking about the fact that I’m sitting behind a crummy old desk and Disney is just sitting out there waiting for me to come back.

We were soon driving through Clermont and turning onto the highway that would take us to the Interstate. A couple of years ago, we noticed that they were clearing a large section of land and there was a concept art sign posted. It was going to be a large western style complex complete with dance halls, restaurants and shopping. We drove by it in 2012 and they were just starting. When we drove by it on our way to Disney this trip, we didn’t get a chance to take pictures. On our way home though, Hunter was able to take a few but they aren’t that great and you can’t tell just how large of a place this is going to be when it’s done.

This is one of those places that we pass on our way to Disney that we say “That’s neat. We should go there.” but then never go because we are ready to enter the Disney bubble or we are on our way home and just need to drive. Maybe, just maybe, we’ll stop one day.

The drive along Interstate 75 was pretty boring with the occasional “site” to see such as this:

Yeah, super exciting stuff to look at. NOT! The road trip was uneventful with me driving and the rest of the gang sleeping on and off, mostly on. The vacation had been busy and worn us all out. We’d stop for the occasional bathroom/stretch our legs breaks and would get back on the road. No more pictures until we arrived in Pensacola, Florida and more when we arrived in Mobile, Alabama:

After that, there wasn’t a whole lot to see other than trees, grass, roadway and clouds:

We arrived home earlier than expected and I suspect that had something to do with the fact that everybody but me slept the majority of the time. When passengers sleep, there’s less stopping and starting. Just driving down the open boring road and getting further and further away from Walt Disney World. :drive:

The next morning, the task of unloading everything from the SCAR needed to be tackled and this little guy was staring out the window at us:

That’s the penguin that John won at Sea World and it's wearing one of the leis that we received at the luau. I couldn’t help but smile because it brought me back to fun moments that occurred during our trip. A trip that was filled with lots of dancing :cool1:, lots of silly faces :p, lots of family time :love: and lots of great memories! ::yes::

***Up next: A great big ol’ sappy Mickeystoontown THANK YA!

An uneventful drive home is always nice. Might have been a bit boring for you with everyone sleeping, or maybe you just enjoyed the peace and quiet for awhile! :rotfl2:

Sad that your TR is over, but just think, you'll be back next month. And you can start your PTR now too. :goodvibes

An uneventful drive home is always nice. Might have been a bit boring for you with everyone sleeping, or maybe you just enjoyed the peace and quiet for awhile! :rotfl2:

Sad that your TR is over, but just think, you'll be back next month. And you can start your PTR now too. :goodvibes

It was actually quite nice to hear nothing but the sounds of the pavement beneath the tires. Well, there was an occasional snore or deep breath taken that disturbed the peace but overall it was nice. ;)

I know that you are counting down the days too! We're going to be back at Disney soooo soon!

A great big ol’ sappy Mickeystoontown THANK YA!

I want to say a great big ol’ sappy Mickeystoontown THANK YA to everybody who has followed along and stuck with me during the writing of this trip report. ::yes:: The past year has been full of ups and downs most of which I’ve told ya’ll about. :rolleyes1The Dis is an absolutely wonderful place full of wonderful people! :thumbsup2 It’s amazing how the love of Disney can help form a bond between so many people. :grouphug: I love all of my Dis friends!:love:

And, you all helped make my trip report number eight in the Top Ten Disboards threads for June, 2013! Can you believe it!?! I can’t!

Sooooooooo:

83 trip report chapters
158 pages
2369 posts
and 285,410+ views

later, I guess that I can finally say that the trip report is complete. I had a ton of fun writing it and reliving the moments with everybody. I intend on getting my pre-trip report started sometime today and will be posting the link here in the hope that you’ll all join me again. :hyper:

Thank you for sharing all the fun with us!! I absolutely love your fun silly family and all the great pictures! I'm looking forward to your next trip!

:thumbsup2

And a big fat Thank You to you for all the hard work that went into writing this report. :thumbsup2 I've enjoyed every word!

Also, :worship: for organizing the 2013-2014 food picture thread and keeping it updated. You're the best!! See you on your next one! :wave:

A great wrap up to a great thread. Thank you for sharing your vacation with us! I look forward to the next one!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Awww another Mickey's Toontown report has come to an end :( I always enjoy reading along. I also anticipate your next adventure as well! You all had such a great trip! People who don't love Disney don't get it, that is why we have the Dis! Looking forward to your next report!

I'll add my thank you as well! Had a great time following along and will be there for your PTR too! And I can't wait to meet you in person while we are both there!!! :goodvibes

An uneventful, if even boring scenery, ride home is best. Glad you didn't run into the problems you had in previous trips with accidents, etc.

As always, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report and seeing all the fun that you and your wonderful family had. I can't wait to meet you all in May/June.

Thank YOU for taking the time to write this report! I"m so sad it's over, but so glad your next trip is coming up so soon! Can't wait to start following your pre-trip report.

And I'm so glad I decided to follow along! I got 2 great Minnie dresses for my girls in the process! :) And got to see your fun, hilarious family enjoying Disney!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I've loved reading all about it!

I'm glad you had an uneventful drive home, however it still amazes me how long you drive for :faint:

I don't do pre-TR's but will definitely read your next TR and I hope you have a wonderful time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!