1 Confirmation #, 2 Computers, 20 ADRs...

Imagineer5

DIS Veteran
First off let me state I'm only asking this because during a trail run of the ADR system two days ago, I was about 8 ADRs in, tried adding the 9th, and all of a sudden the first 8 were GONE from my cart :mad: so...I was trying to figure out how to avoid this on my actual day. Oh yes, I'm another obsessed ADR planner!! :rotfl2:

So, wondering about whether, on our 180 day morning, if DH could be on one computer and I could be on another both w/ our conf # (for the +10) and the system would allow that? That way, we could say, put 5 ADRs in the cart, check out, do it again, and not risk losing them again.

TIA!

Yikes, I think you're overthinking this! With the exception of high demand ADR's (like CRT breakfast), you won't have any problems making your 180 day reservations. You don't need two computers and you can take your time.

Interesting idea! I have not tried that approach, but I would suspect it would work just fine. I am guessing that the resort reservation retrieval is coded to tell whether you can book 180+10, not coded to ensure you are only using one browser session/system or not. I don't think their system is that sophisticated so that it would prevent you from using two computers at once. Besides it's fun doing ADRs, right? So let two people have the fun!

hahaha :lmao: I know...but I do have a few "high demand" ADRs to make, that I want for specific times (such as CP bfast @8am, CRT lunch, CA Grill for fireworks, etc....) And running through them a few times at work I def. hit some snags. Though I bet the +10 will help with that.

What I did because I am a paranoid wreck about it, I put in my first most important 3 or 4 reservations and checked out, printed all info out. Then went back and did the other days which i knew the restaurants wouldnt book up too quickly. I would recommend doing it that way just in case of a computer crash or whatever.

Okay....take a really deep breath. There. I just changed some of my ADRs around...cancelled a few and rebooked at different times. I'm going down in August. Yes, it's just before free dining starts, but once that first week or so is over, free dining becomes a non-issue.
I was able to change my Crystal Palace times, Chef Mickeys as well. And, when I was looking for times for CP breakfast, I was given the option of booking CRT as well!! I have never seen that.
I wouldn't stress too much over those 'hard to get' ADRs. Make them first and then go back and do the others...even if you have to relog on.

If it makes you feel better, last night I booked ADR's for 9 weeks from now and pretty much got what I wanted with the exception of Le Cellier. I even got CRT, it was available a LOT.

The only time I did the two computer thing was for Hannah Montana. :surfweb: It's not THAT bad!!

I doubt that you need to use two computers.

Last year I did the online booking on my 90 day (start of booking) for Free Dining. There were no problems. I tested it out a few times the nights before and found online booking easy. I got everything I wanted. I did have to call in every day for about a week to secure a Fantasmic DP, but that was because they didn't release them until a week later.

I think you'll be ok. Don't panic. ;) I agree you should put your top 5 or so in your cart and check out, then do the rest.

I booked online this morning for 10 days and got everything i wanted within 15 minutes of the time I needed. Which is very important with 2 type 1 diabetics coming along. I got Lecellier twice for 5:30, which I was very happy about. It was not as "cut throat" as last year's 90 day window with free dining. That was just plain scary...lol. And I also could not make any changes last year to anything worthwhile. I think I like the 180+10 change :love:

you wouldnt need two computers just open two windows. I did this but in the end wound up just concentrating on one.

Can we still make ADRs via phone? I thought ones with cc had to be placed by phone. I am confused!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter