1 bdrm std view - Jambo vs. Kidani. HELP!!

wrighter

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at AKV during Easter week 2013. First time we've stayed there! We will be staying in a standard view to save points, but am wondering if any of the pros out there can help sway me in one direction or the other here. What am I missing on this list of pros and cons?

Jambo:
Better lobby
Lots of food options
Standard view overlooks pool (is this guaranteed?)

Kidani:
Extra bathroom
Better pool? (Not sure if this is accurate?)
Newer?

While the extra bathroom would be nice, I'm not sure it outwieghs a guaranteed view of greenery - if that's the case. Are the rooms the same size? Same amenities? Which buildings have more access to the animals? Do both pools have afternoon pool parties?

We don't usually spend a ton of time in the room, but when we are there I do like it to be peaceful and if at all possible I'd like to avoid looking at a parking lot or listening to buses. If we had the points for a Savannah view I'd use them! :-) But alas, we don't.

Just hoping someone out there might have just the right thing to say that will convince me one way or the other! We don't mind walking between buildings to pool hop - so that isn't an issue. We won't have a car, so parking isn't an issue. Really just hoping someone can help me decide on the best building and view! Also - would one of these resorts seem less crowded during the hectic Easter week?

Help me, my fellow DISers! I desperately want to make this ressie but I can't pull the trigger!! Fill me in!! :-)

I would stay at Kidani and request a pool view.
You might even end up with a partial Savanna View.
I think Kidani has a better "close up" animal viewing area and a better pool party.
And the rooms are much nicer at Kidani.
Kidani is definitely more peaceful than Jambo.
You can visit and eat at Jambo as much as you like.
They have a shuttle that runs all day continuously between the two buildings.

1-Bedroom square footage (does not apply to Value Villas in Jambo House):
710 sq. ft. in Jambo House
807 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

All Jambo House rooms were converted from hotel rooms.
Kidani Village was built to DVC specs from the ground up.

It's one resort so you have full access to the amenities at both buildings.

What are the rooms that are past the pool area, NOT on the savannah side? It appears that they just look at trees?

Good luck getting a ressie! We just booked for a studio the first week of January and were only able to get Jambo house.. I can't imagine how busy it will be during Easter.

I love Jambo house, the pool, the animal viewing, the lobby & the Mara for counter service. There are some sub par savannah views that are considered standard here.

Bus service is better at Kidani if you consider it's the first stop to the parks, so less likely to have to stand.

However, if I have a 1 bedroom, I like a shower stall, and Jambo's master bath has a tub, shower jacuzzi combo that I find hard to step over into. So if I book a 1-2 bedroom, except for values which are a bargain so I overlook the flawed, for me, bathroom, I do book Kidani.

I would go with Kidani in your case. I always pick Jambo for studios, I like the double sink in the dressing area.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter