1,000 Show Congrats

I did find Pete's idea of what we would like to see in the next 1,000 shows (perhaps that would be better in a different thread)

The first thing that comes to mind is that technology will continue to improved and, selfishly, I thought about how it could impact the viewer

- Enhanced chat for the Live show: video chat?
- Virtual Reality: wear a headset and it makes it feel like you are sitting at the table .... or, since this is Disney, maybe a Circlevision 360 scenario?
- More interaction with listeners: As things improve more live interaction with listeners? Realtime feedback that drives the direction of the show?
- Better/more interaction with members in the parks. I know some were better than others but if it could be pulled off better being able to go out live to team members in the park for breaking news or something would be good

Any other thoughts?

I did find Pete's idea of what we would like to see in the next 1,000 shows (perhaps that would be better in a different thread)
I haven't finished listening to the show yet and didn't get to that part but it should definitely be it's own thread. If someone who heard it wants to start it that would be great.

Like Kevin said - it's like ripples in a pond - getting bigger and bigger, and touching more and more people.
I listened to the rest of the show and heard this part and I totally agree. It isn't just that I've met a lot of people and made a lot of friends through the DIS. It's also where those friends are. Some are right here in New Jersey but some are in Florida or Chicago or California or North Carolina or Virginia or Canada or the Netherlands or England or Australia. And these aren't only "internet" friends. Many are people who I've met and spent time with in person, some on multiple occasions. And every single one of them is someone I never, ever would have met if not for the DIS bringing us together.

I still have friends in my life that I have spent MANY hours with both in person at WDW and other locations, traveling different places together, and at their/my home that I met on Disney forums when I first started going on Prodigy before my 1st Disney trip 26 years ago! One of them just called me from her drive to go to a travel agent's conference she was on her way to in Florida (where she moved to, many years ago, to be closer to WDW, as did MANY of my friends from the tri-state area) yesterday.

Not generalizing, or saying anybody that frequents Disney forums is a paragon of virtue (like myself) :lmao:, but I've found, over my many years online, that for the most part, most long time, consistent posters that frequent Disney forums are somebody who I'd like to spend more time getting to know in person. You also tend to "get a feel" for somebody you've seen/spent time with/read much info from online for a long period of time. Of COURSE you meet/get to know/spend many hours with those people in a PUBLIC area (like WDW - how much more "public" can ya get?) first! Dare I say Duh? :)

Last edited:
Congratulations on the 1000th episode of the DisUnplugged. We love everything you do.

Thank you all for what you do. My family and I are DVC members from Miami who listen to you every week and use your site, board, videos and travel agents to plan all our trips. You do a great job on all your productions. Keep up the great work.

Congrats DIS UNPLUGGED! Keep doing what you do. I love listening to your shows because Disney is my happy place and even when I am not there, the happy memories from there keep me going. The show keeps the Disney flame burning in my mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts