!0% next cruise discount on a previously booked cruise?

MinniesMomma

Earning My Ears
I'm so excited about the family cruise I booked for my 60th birthday. We will be on the Dream for 4 night Bahamas cruise Feb 9. We have 3 Concierge Level Rooms - my treat. Expensive but worth it - so I hear!

I just found out we may have a chance to cruise 3 nights this Sept. I understand that you can book your next cruise while on board and get a 10% discount.

Does anyone know if I might be able to take this cruise in Sept and use the 10% discount on my already booked cruise in Feb 2014? Does the 10% discount apply to multiple rooms?

Thanks in advance.

The easy answer to this is sadly concierge rooms are not included in the on board booking offers.

You're welcome, yes it is a lovely thought and with concierge booked on 2 of my upcoming cruises it would have been nice.

However, you do get an onbaord credit for booking aboard that does apply to CL cabins.

I would reshop it once aboard. Ask one of the concierges to check for you. It may take ten minutes for $200 credit. Keep same cabins, etc.

Max credit is for two rooms, $100 credit per cabin for sailings less than 7 days = $200 of onboard credit for your Feb sailing. :thumbsup2

ETA; Will DCL reshop/tweak bookings onboard held by TA's? TIA

Normally yes, but it involves booking a new reservation and cancelling the old one. Since these are concierge you can't cancel them. Not sure how they would/could tweek them for the OBC. It is going to depend on who you talk to at the OBB desk.

However, you do get an onbaord credit for booking aboard that does apply to CL cabins.

I would reshop it once aboard. Ask one of the concierges to check for you. It may take ten minutes for $200 credit. Keep same cabins, etc.

Max credit is for two rooms, $100 credit per cabin for sailings less than 7 days = $200 of onboard credit for your Feb sailing. :thumbsup2

My understanding is that DCL will not modify a booking onboard that was made through a TA, but they will provide a quote. If it works out to be a better deal, you would just make a new reservation with the OBB benefits and designate your TA. The part that gets fuzzy for me is whether you would be able to keep the same room(s). Some here have said yes, others have said no. I've also read conflicting reports about whether you would have to cancel the original reservation before DCL will let you make a new one (i.e., whether you could just cancel the first one when you get home or would have to call or e-mail your TA from the ship and have them cancel the original).

I had planned to reshop a cruise when we were on the Fantasy this past March. I had booked it directly through DCL and debated whether to transfer it to Costco before we sailed. It was a tough call because the sail date was more than 30 days after I made the reservation. I wanted to be able to work with DCL directly while onboard, so I opted not to transfer it. I don't think my experience was typical, but the CM at the Future Cruise desk modified my existing reservation so I was able to get the lower price and the OBB benefits. Plus, she let me designate Costco as my TA, even though more than 30 days had passed since I made the original reservation. I had been prepared to make a new reservation at the slightly higher cost and designate Costco as the TA, so I was very pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the feedback.

This reshopping can get complicated and confusing quickly.
As soon as I feel I have a good grasp on it, I realize .... not. lol

So OP, did you use a TA for the Feb sailing?

I'd still inquire onboard about the OBC, as long as I was guaranteed not to loose my reserved cabins and any ressies.

Good Luck and Enjoy

My understanding is that DCL will not modify a booking onboard that was made through a TA, but they will provide a quote. If it works out to be a better deal, you would just make a new reservation with the OBB benefits and designate your TA. The part that gets fuzzy for me is whether you would be able to keep the same room(s). Some here have said yes, others have said no. I've also read conflicting reports about whether you would have to cancel the original reservation before DCL will let you make a new one (i.e., whether you could just cancel the first one when you get home or would have to call or e-mail your TA from the ship and have them cancel the original).
I had planned to reshop a cruise when we were on the Fantasy this past March. I had booked it directly through DCL and debated whether to transfer it to Costco before we sailed. It was a tough call because the sail date was more than 30 days after I made the reservation. I wanted to be able to work with DCL directly while onboard, so I opted not to transfer it. I don't think my experience was typical, but the CM at the Future Cruise desk modified my existing reservation so I was able to get the lower price and the OBB benefits. Plus, she let me designate Costco as my TA, even though more than 30 days had passed since I made the original reservation. I had been prepared to make a new reservation at the slightly higher cost and designate Costco as the TA, so I was very pleasantly surprised.

When we cruised in May I "reshopped" my upcoming cruise that I had booked through DU. The price was only slightly more expensive and I was gaining $200 OBC so we booked it. I did not have to cancel my original reservation before making the new reservation. I emailed Beth at DU upon my return and she took care of everything.

As far as keeping your original stateroom, according to my TA, that is a very tricky area and it depends on many factors. One is if the CM will even "try" to rebook the same room, another is if someone books if before the booking agent does and then another very important factor is if the category has gone "GTY". We didn't try to keep the same room so we didn't test any of this. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter