🎄 2020 Candlelight Processional Dining Watch

Definitely ready to start watching and planning. I'm keeping my hopes up that CP will still happen this year with all of the uncertainty and restrictions.

Last edited:
I really hope it happens as well. This is our first trip during the holidays and I would hate to miss all of the extras that make it special.

I just read on another thread that end-of-November ADRs are currently suspended, which falls in line with about the time the CP packages begin (not released).

Not implying the suspension is due to the CP packages, but perhaps due to the start of the holiday season, planning, and capacity.

I just read on another thread that end-of-November ADRs are currently suspended, which falls in line with about the time the CP packages begin (not released).

Not implying the suspension is due to the CP packages, but perhaps due to the start of the holiday season, planning, and capacity.

All ADRs except Disney Springs restaurants are suspended now, not just end of November.

All ADRs except Disney Springs restaurants are suspended now, not just end of November.

Correct, to rephrase, all ADRs were suspended today (DS ADRs are open?).

However, those booking 180+ today beginning on November 24 (2 days before Thanksgiving) got cut-off. Many were still able to book ADRs prior to today.

Last edited:

This will be our first trip over Christmas and hope to see CP again.

Even Disney Springs ADRs have been suspended when booked through your MDE account. Some Disney Springs restaurants also offer ressies via Open Table (or another platform like that), and you can still book them that way.

My October ADRS at DS and yacht club just got cancelled.

Thanks for starting the thread this year! The CP is truly one of our favorite holiday traditions so I hope there is a way to continue to hold it this year, even with some adaptations.

We were planning on doing it this year too. I hope they have it.
My biggest worries are if any celebrities would be willing to come down and do it, and the availability of choir singers.

My October ADRS at DS and yacht club just got cancelled.

I just logged into MDE and saw V&A for our 25th anniversary was cancelled, but didn’t realize they were cancelling resorts as well :eek:

We were planning on doing it this year too. I hope they have it.
My biggest worries are if any celebrities would be willing to come down and do it, and the availability of choir singers.

They haven’t removed it from the website, so there is hope. I am sure the choirs will be scaled back, but, at this point, would be happy with just the orchestra, VoL, and a narrator.

No doubt many of our favorite holiday traditions will change, perhaps even permanently. Another one of ours is Joyful. I sure could use a little joy right now... :sad1:

Would this mean the entire choir singing with masks on ? On a good day, there are choir members dropping like flies because of the heat

I’d be surprised if they let a choir perform. Singing in groups is a great way to spread the virus. It’s the reason our school will not have any vocal performances (chorus, musical, etc) for a long time. I think singing in groups will be one of the last things phased in. A prerecorded track would be a perfect substitute.

I’d be surprised if they let a choir perform. Singing in groups is a great way to spread the virus. It’s the reason our school will not have any vocal performances (chorus, musical, etc) for a long time. I think singing in groups will be one of the last things phased in. A prerecorded track would be a perfect substitute.

Yeah, I'm definitely concerned about the choirs. I've performed in Candlelight a few times over the past 5 years with my community choir and not only is the actual performance a concern, but the auditions will also be a problem. Our audition videos have usually been due by mid-September, so that's an even shorter timeline to make that call. I think there's a good chance that if they can do this performance at all, they might have to do it with only the Voices of Liberty and the other paid singers (the "tree" choir in the green robes) so that they can space out across the whole stage, but without the school and community choirs. Spacing distances have to be a lot higher when singing to be safe based on the research I've seen.

I did read an article shared by my band teacher brother-in-law that one study showed that playing instruments wasn't a risk because the droplets didn't come out of the instruments in a way that they would spread, so hopefully the orchestra might be okay, but the choirs are definitely a big concern.

No doubt many of our favorite holiday traditions will change, perhaps even permanently. Another one of ours is Joyful. I sure could use a little joy right now... :sad1:

We really enjoyed Joyful on our previous Christmastime trip too! Just happened to be nearby when they started a set, and my 70+ year old dad loved it so much he talked about it for hours afterward. He loves music of all kinds and thought they were fantastic! I agreed! Very uplifting!

I hope CP happens in some form too. It's strange not being able to make dining reservations. I'm still a little over two weeks out from when I'd normally be making ours, but if this were a normal year, I'd be watching what everyone else with earlier trips was already doing.

I don’t see how they can do it safely, unless things progress a lot more than they have been. I think the big issue would be the narrators. Usually some of them are already scheduled by now. I could see them making the decision to just use the Disney talent to sing, but would people go if they just used generic Disney talent for the reading as opposed to celebrities? I also don’t know how they would handle the seating if distancing requirements are still in place. I have seen people climb over the backs of blocked off seats at Disney shows in the past to get a better view.

I hope it can happen, but realistically I feel the answer will be no. I am not sure how they would even do the regular VOL shows with distancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!