• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

♕♛ Happy HalloChristmas ✧ An Oct-Nov 2015 PTR ♛♕

CinderElsa

Plastic Cheese Connoisseur
Hello & thank you for joining me on my PTR! I have read along with so many fabulous trips & learned so much from them that I thought I should contribute a report of my own. Also, I'm currently baking my way through a French pastry cookbook I got for Christmas, so if anyone's brave enough to try my first attempt at an apple tart, help yourself.

Who: Mimi (me!) & C (my BFF)
When: Oct 31 - Nov 9, 2015
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: Is there ever really a good "why" other than "because we love Disney?" :)

Last year, we did a Christmas trip (well, more like an early December trip) & we had such a blast that we were talking about our next trip by the end of the first day! C and I really don't get to spend that much time together these days. We both have crazy schedules and our annual BFF vacation is really the only time we get to forget about everything else and act like kids together again! So, when we were planning for Halloween, we realized that if we timed it right (& extended our trip by a few days), we would be able to hit a late MNSSHP and an early MVMCP, meaning we could celebrate...

QEGzDy7.gif

HALLOCHRISTMAS!
UKgkBN3.gif

Further important info about us...

Me princess:
Favorite Movie: The Lion King
Favorite Princess: Cinderella
Favorite Villain: Ratigan
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Attraction: Tower of Terror

C :wizard:
Favorite Movie: The Lion King
Favorite Princess: Ariel
Favorite Villain: Maleficent
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Attraction: Test Track

We have a little planned, lots unplanned, & most of those plans we have/think we will have are probably going to change... :rotfl:

Last edited:
Current Plans

Resort: Last year, we stayed at AoA in a Mermaid room. We liked most things about the resort, but some things we didn't like were the walk from the bus stop to the room, the lack of on-site TS dining, and the cartoonish, in-your-face theming. After much deliberation, we decided on POR, for which we got a GREAT rate from a magical TA. I've been spending some time going through PortOrleans.org to make sure we have a good idea of the location we want. Hopefully I'll be educated enough by the time online check-in (and TP's fax) rolls around... :teacher: I'm also really excited about the water taxi to DTD. Last year, we ended up connecting through Saratoga Springs & it was a real PITA.

Tickets: I am an AP holder & C will probably get 5-Day PH tickets. Though we generally plan for only one park per day, it's nice to know we can head elsewhere as a contingency plan - and we usually end up doing this at least once! We will also both likely buy Universal Power Passes, since we're planning to go again next May & will definitely come out ahead. (I can't believe Universal APs are so cheap!)

ADRs: I guess the easiest way to show you what an insane planner I am share our current dining plans would be to post a copy of our current timetable/spreadsheet!

OMdqsJn.jpg

This is going to change... one of those HS days is going to be swapped for another Epcot day, but we aren't sure which one yet. (Probably Thursday.) QS dining is also subject to change (for example, I'm pretty sure we'll be eating at F&W booths, not Electric Umbrella), but I wanted to try to account for the time. :) The only ADRs I'm sure we will keep are California Grill, Sci-Fi, BOG, and Tusker House. We will also be purchasing a Tables in Wonderland membership!

Transportation: I don't drive at all (I live in NYC, so no need) and C does not drive on vacation. Therefore, from the time we step onto the DME bus, we are entirely at Disney's mercy. My flights are already booked via JetBlue (yay grandfathered free checked luggage!) but C has yet to book hers as she will be flying out of a different airport and, unlike how it works with JetBlue, she can generally find better deals closer to the time of departure. As long as we arrive/depart within a couple of hours of each other, it's no big deal.

Special Activities: We will be attending MNSSHP on 10/31 and MVMCP on 11/8! We are also planning to go to the luau at the Poly (I haven't been in years & C has never been) and are thinking about one of the dessert parties. When the full F&W schedule comes out, I suspect we'll find something there to add as well.

Last edited:
Hi, we are planning our first trip for exactly the same time! Your timetable has given me a good idea of how to schedule things. I love the different colors for each park.

Following along. DH and I will be at WDW from 11/3-11/9/15 and also attending the MVMCP on the 8th...

Hi, we are planning our first trip for exactly the same time! Your timetable has given me a good idea of how to schedule things. I love the different colors for each park.
:welcome: It must seem almost overwhelming to you at this point. There's lots of great information on the boards, though, and just about everyone here is friendly and helpful.

Following along. DH and I will be at WDW from 11/3-11/9/15 and also attending the MVMCP on the 8th...
:welcome: I'm so excited to get into the Christmas spirit a little early! :santa:

F&W Planning: Special Events

F&W Special Events info appeared today, so we need to decide what we'll be indulging in... :drinking1 (Hint: probably not as much as we'd like to...)

Rockin’ Burger Block Party — NEW!
Come get your burger on! This new event combines food, drink, and music to highlight the best of all three. You’ll dance the evening away as you dine on specialty burgers and take in some the best music of the century. All of the burgers are inspired by recording artists who have left their mark on the beverage world. Enjoy drinks affiliated by these artists and a DJ spins their best tracks. Find your favorite burger, drink, and music, and vote on the best burger of the night!

Where: World ShowPlace Events Pavilion
When: September 25, October 8*, November 6, 7:00-9:00PM
Price $99, $119, $199

Nosh Pit Seating: $199 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. Epcot admission required. Check in at Nosh Pit Check in podium. VIP Experience includes private reserved table, entrance into event at 6:45PM, specialty cocktail toast, premium bar, and more. Space is limited.

Reserved Seating: $119 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. Epcot admission required. Check in at Reserved Seating Check in podium. Includes reserved table on main floor, entrance into event at 6:45PM, and specialty cocktail toast. Space is limited.

Rockin’ Burger Block Party: $99 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. Epcot admission required. Check in at WorldShow Place Events pavilion. Limited seating.
This one is actually amusing to me. $100 to eat burgers & have a few drinks (for those that want them)... come on, Disney! Can you imagine paying $400 for a family of four?

Cheese Seminars
A great way to learn about cheese from the experts! Fromager Max McCalman will conduct all of the Cheese Seminars this year.

Where: Festival Center, Chef’s Showcase
When: Saturdays, 10:00-11:30AM
Price $79 per person, plus tax, gratuity included, Epcot Admission Required

September 26: World Class Artisan Cheeses and Craft Beers of the United States
October 3: Exquisite English Cheeses and Old World Wines
October 17: Italy’s Inimitable Cheeses and Wines
October 24: The Great Cheese and Wines of France
October 31: Classes Cheeses and Wines of the Old World
November 7: Great Cheeses and Wines of the United States
November 14: The World’s Magnificent Cheeses and Their Wine Partners
Love cheese... but the seminars only run on Saturdays & our Saturdays are full. I hope someone else (or... many others) do these so that I can live vicariously. Also can't do Party for the Senses because we have MNSSHP.

Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining
Savor your way through a phenomenal dinner while a Chef (sometimes a celebrity Chef!) takes you through every bite, explaining technique, menu choice, and wine pairings. These special dinners everyday, and they sell out fast!

When: Look for more than 30 dinners throughout the festival!
Where: Around Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts
Pricing: Prices are per person plus tax. Gratuity included. Theme park admission required for restaurants within a theme park.

September 26: Flying Fish Cafe, 12:00PM, Cost: $149; Chef Timothy Keating
September 30: ESPN Club, 12:00PM, Cost: $119; Chef Anthony Gregorek
September 30: Fulton’s Crab House, 6:30PM, Cost: $90, Chef Mark Boor
October 1: The BOATHOUSE, 11:30AM, Cost: $125, Chef Robert Getchell
October 1: Yachtsman Steakhouse, 5:00PM, Cost: $219, Chef Dan Sicilia
October 1: Jiko, 6:00PM, Cost: $199, Chef David Njoroge
October 1: Flying Fish Cafe, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Timothy Keating
October 7: Trattoria al Forno, 12:30PM, Cost: $119, Chef Christian Rumpler
October 8: California Grill, 6:00PM, Cost: $299, Chef Brian Piasecki
October 8: The Hollywood Brown Derby, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Craig Schleider
October 8: Flying Fish Cafe, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Timothy Keating
October 13: Le Cellier Steakhouse, 11:30AM, Cost: $119, Chef Dee Foundoukis
October 14: ESPN Club, 12:00PM, Cost: $119; Chef Anthony Gregorek
October 15: Flying Fish Cafe, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Timothy Keating
October 16: Contemporary Catering Chef’s Table, 7:30PM, Cost: $249, Various Chefs
October 22: Jiko, 6:00PM, Cost: $199, Chef David Njoroge
October 22: The Hollywood Brown Derby, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Craig Schleider
October 22: The Wave…of American Flavors, 6:30PM, Cost: $159, Chef Jay Smith
October 27: Le Cellier Steakhouse, 11:30AM, Cost: $119, Chef Dee Foundoukis
October 28: ESPN Club, 12:00PM, Cost: $119; Chef Anthony Gregorek
October 29: Yachtsman Steakhouse, 5:00PM Cost: $219, Chef Dan Sicilia
October 29: Flying Fish Cafe, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Timothy Keating
November 5: Flying Fish Cafe, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Timothy Keating
November 5: Portobello Country Italian Trattoria, 6:30PM, Cost: $100, Chef Tony Mantuano
November 5: Trattoria al Forno, 8:00PM Cost: $159, Chef Christian Rumpler
November 7: Artist Point, 11:30AM, Cost: $189, Chef Michael Gonsalvez
November 7: Narcoossee’s, 12:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Michael Bersell
November 11: Trattoria al Forno, 12:30PM Cost: $119, Chef Christian Rumpler
November 12: Flying Fish Cafe, 6:00PM, Cost: $189, Chef Timothy Keating
November 12: Dining Room, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, 6:30PM, Cost: $90, Chef Robert Leonardi
November 14: Flying Fish Cafe, 12:00PM, Cost: $149, Chef Timothy Keating
Considering 11/5 at Trattoria al Forno... a.k.a. the only time you might ever see me voluntarily eating Italian food at Disney World.

Parisian Breakfast
The Parisian Breakfast returns this year. Les Chefs de France will serve breakfast and a welcoming Mimosa on Saturday mornings, featuring authentic pastries (baguettes, brioches, croissants), unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and orange juice! Savor the baguettes made from scratch in a 48-hour process at Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie. Fresh from the oven, enjoy them with butter and Bonne Maman confiture (fruit preserve) to make a French tartine. Check out our 2013 Parisian Breakfast Review!

Where: Les Chefs de France, France pavilion
When: Saturdays 9-10:30AM
Price: $39 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. Epcot admission required.

You'll see us here for sure! :)

French Family Meal Traditions — NEW!
Replacing the super popular French Regional Lunches, French Family Meal Traditions will feature a different chef from the Monsieur Paul family each week. Take a trip back to France with the chefs, as they prepare a favorite dish from their childhood. Each meal will be paired with French wine as well.

Monsieur Paul Restaurant in Epcot’s France Pavilion
Where: Monsieur Paul, France pavilion
When: Select Fridays and Sundays, 12-3:30PM
Pricing: $95 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. Epcot admission required.
This is very interesting but there are only a couple of days we could do it (just one without reworking our whole schedule) & it's hard to decide without seeing reviews.

Mexican Tequila Lunch
The Tequila Lunch debuted in 2011 and returns again 2015. These tastings will complement a selected Mexican regional cuisine, and offer the opportunity to learn more about tequila and spirits. Check out a 2011 Mexico Tequila Lunch guest review here! And our 2012 Mexico Tequila Pairing Lunch review here!

Where: La Hacienda de San Angel, Mexico Pavilion
When: Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 12:00-1:30PM
Price: $85 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included. Epcot admission required.
Definitely want to try to fit this one in, too! It's not too long & will have good availability during our trip on days we'd already be at Epcot... maybe we can combine it with the Parisian Breakfast.

So, ultimately...

Definitely
Parisian Breakfast

Maybe
Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining: Trattoria al Forno
French Family Meal Traditions
Mexican Tequila Lunch (high probability)

LOL
Rockin' Burger Block Party

Last edited:

ADRs

After a fun morning of waking up early & listening to Disney Dining's wonderful hold music... :scared: I think I can safely say that our ADRs are complete!

10/31 - Arrival Day & MNSSHP; too busy to want to sit down & eat :)
11/1 - 50's Prime Time; 12 PM
11/2 - California Grill; 9 PM
11/3 - Spirit of Aloha; 8:15 PM
11/4 - San Angel Inn; 6:30 PM
11/5 - Sci-Fi; 12 PM
11/6 - BOG; 6 PM
11/7 - Parisian Breakfast; 9 AM
11/8 - Minnie's Holiday; 4:30 PM (followed by MVMCP)

The last thing I thought I'd be doing is eating three meals in HS, the Disney World Food Desert, but hey... :rotfl:

We decided not to go for any other F&W events due to scheduling issues, but I'm sooo looking forward to checking out the booths!

Last edited:
Joining in. You're going approximately the same time as we will be but we won't be going until 2016. I love the fact that you are going with your bestie! That has to be so much fun! I agree with the burger party review. I saw that and thought the same thing as you. $100 for burgers (DH & I aren't beer drinkers)? No thanks. I can find something else to spend $200 on. lol

Can't wait to see what else you have planned!

So you're going the exact same days as I am! Attending same parties too! How exciting! I definitely like seeing your plan(and comparing to mine). Are you guys dressing up for Halloween?

Joining in. You're going approximately the same time as we will be but we won't be going until 2016. I love the fact that you are going with your bestie! That has to be so much fun! I agree with the burger party review. I saw that and thought the same thing as you. $100 for burgers (DH & I aren't beer drinkers)? No thanks. I can find something else to spend $200 on. lol

Can't wait to see what else you have planned!
Awesome! I'll be going with my mom around the same time (10/23 - 10/29) in 2016. It seems like the 2016 trip is so far away, but it's really not, by Disney planning standards! :)

$100 for burgers is just insane. Even DBF, who is a beer lover, said it was ridiculous. (He says that about a lot of F&W prices, though. Notice I'm leaving him at home.)

So you're going the exact same days as I am! Attending same parties too! How exciting! I definitely like seeing your plan(and comparing to mine). Are you guys dressing up for Halloween?
I can't believe we're only 60 days out now! :) Got FP+ set up last night. We'll be dressing up for the party as Alice & the Mad Hatter. How about you?

I can't believe we're only 60 days out now! :) Got FP+ set up last night. We'll be dressing up for the party as Alice & the Mad Hatter. How about you?
I set up FP+ last night too, so exciting! We're going as Aurora and Philip. But A+ choices on costumes! I love Alice, as you can see from my profile pic. :)

FP+ & ADR/Life Updates

As of today... there are officially 60 days left until we're BACK IN THE WORLD!!! :cool1: (Or maybe "back OUT of the real world" would be a better way to say that...)

There have been a few minor updates for our trip. First, we have remembered that we aren't really big eaters, no matter how good the food looks, and have dumped all of our ADRs except for Sci-Fi, BOG, Parisian Breakfast, and Minnie's. Second, we have set up FP+! Just a few observations...

Unavailable
MSEP
Festival of Fantasy

Available
Wishes
A&E (didn't take one, though)
Eat to the Beat
Just about everything else

In RL news, my uncle (more like a second father to me) underwent emergency bypass surgery a few weeks ago. :( He's recovering well, but it was a scary experience & it really put all my stress about restaurants & rides into perspective. He asked us to ride ToT a few extra times, since that's likely off the table for him for a while. We'll be happy to do so. :laughing:

As for work... my coworker just emailed me "please shoot me" & I replied "only if there's an extra bullet for me." That about sums it up.

Following! What a wonderful idea to do hallochristmas! I'll have to remember that for my next trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter