•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Sorry I did not pay attention. I would guess about 15 groups. A ton of people arrived in the half hour I was there so a long wait. We didn't get to 7DMT until 8:55. We rode at 9:30.

did they wait to start it until later? or did you just have a 35 minute wait at "rope drop"?

Well I was off by a few, lol. Thats a good view for not being at the end. How was the walk to the lobby/GP ? Not as bad as 8001 I'd assume.

The walk wasn’t that bad. The only drawback to that cabin is the boat horns. Well, and the people on the boats can watch you get in and out of the hot tub.

The view was better than the picture shows. I had issues focusing due to the screen.

Hi All,

I asked all my questions before announcing myself, how rude :) we just bought 200 points at CCV and couldn’t be happier! It’s our first DVC contract.

thelittledipster*October 2020*September

Our first trip as owners is an anniversary trip (hence the July stay being so far off from Use Year):
7/24/21 - 7/31/21
5 nights in the Studio Walk In + 2 nights in the Cabins
Congrats!!

Hi All,

I asked all my questions before announcing myself, how rude :) we just bought 200 points at CCV and couldn’t be happier! It’s our first DVC contract.

thelittledipster*October 2020*September

Our first trip as owners is an anniversary trip (hence the July stay being so far off from Use Year):
7/24/21 - 7/31/21
5 nights in the Studio Walk In + 2 nights in the Cabins

:welcome:and Congrats!!!! 🎉 I’ll get you up on page 1!

Has anyone had any experience lately with taking the bus to MK for rope drop? Wondering what time would be. Park opens at 9 when we go

Hi! We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with DH, in-laws and my mother for Nov '21. It has been a bucket list trip for us to treat them to a few nights in one of the CCV cabins. We are not DVC, but would rent points to do this as it's cheaper than rack rate and it's my understanding that the cabins are excluded from promos anyway. Yes there are certainly less expensive options for this many people, but it's sort of the cabin or bust. Our parents are getting older so we don't want to wait much longer to make it happen. We'd spend a good portion of the trip just enjoying the resort and cabin with minimal park time and some of our group will stay on for a split stay somewhere else.

A few questions-
1. We will actually have extended family staying at the campgrounds in an RV this week. Can we walk back and forth? (long walks are not an issue.. we live in a big city and walk several miles daily).
2. Will our extended family be allowed to come to our cabin to visit? Any restrictions that I am not thinking about if COVID fuels still apply then?
3. Are we crazy for doing this instead of a 3 bedroom? If my mother does come, we would give her the room and we would sleep on the pull out.

Any advice is helpful!

Hi! We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with DH, in-laws and my mother for Nov '21. It has been a bucket list trip for us to treat them to a few nights in one of the CCV cabins. We are not DVC, but would rent points to do this as it's cheaper than rack rate and it's my understanding that the cabins are excluded from promos anyway. Yes there are certainly less expensive options for this many people, but it's sort of the cabin or bust. Our parents are getting older so we don't want to wait much longer to make it happen. We'd spend a good portion of the trip just enjoying the resort and cabin with minimal park time and some of our group will stay on for a split stay somewhere else.

A few questions-
1. We will actually have extended family staying at the campgrounds in an RV this week. Can we walk back and forth? (long walks are not an issue.. we live in a big city and walk several miles daily).
2. Will our extended family be allowed to come to our cabin to visit? Any restrictions that I am not thinking about if COVID fuels still apply then?
3. Are we crazy for doing this instead of a 3 bedroom? If my mother does come, we would give her the room and we would sleep on the pull out.

Any advice is helpful!
Sounds like a great trip and point rental allows you to not have to pay for parking at WL as well if you have a car yourselves.

1. I don't think the trail is open between the two yet, so I would take a boat between them.
2. They should be able to. I know with reservations people are going to other resorts to do dining, and them taking the boat from FW to WL shouldn't be an issue.
3. It depends on how many nights you plan on sleeping on the pull out (I would assume its not as comfy as a real bed) and how two bathrooms would work if you all need to use them at once. Although there only being 4 GVs vs 26 Cabins, it will be easier to get a cabin.

Has anyone had any experience lately with taking the bus to MK for rope drop? Wondering what time would be. Park opens at 9 when we go
I would like to know this as well for DHS, if the park is opening at almost 2 hours before scheduled opening, are the buses starting to come 2 hours before? They should be if they are not.

Sounds like a great trip and point rental allows you to not have to pay for parking at WL as well if you have a car yourselves.

1. I don't think the trail is open between the two yet, so I would take a boat between them.
2. They should be able to. I know with reservations people are going to other resorts to do dining, and them taking the boat from FW to WL shouldn't be an issue.
3. It depends on how many nights you plan on sleeping on the pull out (I would assume its not as comfy as a real bed) and how two bathrooms would work if you all need to use them at once. Although there only being 4 GVs vs 26 Cabins, it will be easier to get a cabin.
Thanks! When renting points, is it only 1 car with included parking? We would likely have 2 cars and I have only had 1 car with us.

Stayed in 3216. Been back a couple weeks now, and ready to start planning our next trip!! Love the lodge!! Maybe by next Christmas we will be somewhat back to normal.
Wearing face masks in 90 degree heat walking 9-10 miles a day kinda sucks. Well worth it though for a piece of the magic.

Thanks! When renting points, is it only 1 car with included parking? We would likely have 2 cars and I have only had 1 car with us.
Another consideration if you are concerned about space/sleeping arrangements - renting or reserving a studio at CCV or Boulder Ridge in addition to the Cabin. Could still gather at the cabin, but one of the parties would have their own space at night and in the morning. Good luck planning this special trip!

Another consideration if you are concerned about space/sleeping arrangements - renting or reserving a studio at CCV or Boulder Ridge in addition to the Cabin. Could still gather at the cabin, but one of the parties would have their own space at night and in the morning. Good luck planning this special trip!
Definitely! That is the plan if my SIL+fam decides to join!

I think as long as the person driving the other car is on the reservation with their magic band I would think they will let them in as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!