•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I’m a bit late replying regarding the room views. For fireworks, we were on the 5th floor on the CCV pool side (north) and could see the top half of the fireworks great. The only disadvantage was the noise from the pool in the afternoon when trying to nap. Even on the upper floor, the music and the CM on the loudspeaker came in to disturb us. That was early June.

I’m a bit late replying regarding the room views. For fireworks, we were on the 5th floor on the CCV pool side (north) and could see the top half of the fireworks great. The only disadvantage was the noise from the pool in the afternoon when trying to nap. Even on the upper floor, the music and the CM on the loudspeaker came in to disturb us. That was early June.
Thanks for that info...note to self no pool views

Thanks for that info...note to self no pool views

Just keep in mind that no main pool view also means no chance of a fireworks view. Personally, I agree with jwhite in that the noise from the main pool was intrusive at times. But then again, we are not park commandos so we spend more time in the villa than a lot of visitors.

Just keep in mind that no main pool view also means no chance of a fireworks view. Personally, I agree with jwhite in that the noise from the main pool was intrusive at times. But then again, we are not park commandos so we spend more time in the villa than a lot of visitors.
Ya same with us, we like our afternoon naps, our march trip was facing boulder ridge and didnt have any noise issues on floor 5

I'm going in November and December for a week each. What are the thoughts on how much our dues will go up with the 150% increase in assessment from the Appraiser ?

I'm going in November and December for a week each. What are the thoughts on how much our dues will go up with the 150% increase in assessment from the Appraiser ?

Honestly, not sure what to think. I assumed they’d go up, but not sure how I’d feel about paying over $11 per point (if I calculated that correctly.) Please, someone, tell me that’s wrong.

@crvetter I feel like you’re the person to ask on this one. What do you think?!

Last edited:
I've been expecting a big hit for dues. If I remember correctly, they actually went down a bit this year because the property had been over appraised the year before? And it wasn't fully declared yet then either.

I've been expecting a big hit for dues. If I remember correctly, they actually went down a bit this year because the property had been over appraised the year before? And it wasn't fully declared yet then either.

Right. But 150% is just crazy if it sticks.

Honestly, not sure what to think. I assumed they’d go up, but not sure how I’d feel about paying over $11 per point (if I calculated that correctly.) Please, someone, tell me that’s wrong.

@crvetter I feel like you’re the person to ask on this one. What do you think?!
The important thing to note is the 150% increase is based on the entire tax charged against the association. So the implications of this is that in 2018 those taxes were decided on a smaller amount of declared points into the association. So in reality the increase is not 150% based on a per point basis, which matters, because there are now many more points in the association, in fact all of them for this assessment. It is likely (looking at declarations) that 2018 was based on about 50-60% of the resort, but the number of points it was based on is me taking an educated guess (but certainly it wasn't 100%).

Also the increase in 150% is on the assessed value, not the actual tax amount. You also need to consider that the tax rate dropped by 1.6% for CCV (City of Bay Lake Millage Rates).

The important thing to note is the 150% increase is based on the entire tax charged against the association. So the implications of this is that in 2018 those taxes were decided on a smaller amount of declared points into the association. So in reality the increase is not 150% based on a per point basis, which matters, because there are now many more points in the association, in fact all of them for this assessment. It is likely (looking at declarations) that 2018 was based on about 50-60% of the resort, but the number of points it was based on is me taking an educated guess (but certainly it wasn't 100%).

Also the increase in 150% is on the assessed value, not the actual tax amount. You also need to consider that the tax rate dropped by 1.6% for CCV (City of Bay Lake Millage Rates).

You’re the best. Thank you for explaining that. I knew you were the right person to call.:worship:

Thanks for the explanation, looking at the amount of points and assessed values for the other resorts and their dues, I'm hoping it doesn't go up to crazy

164 days to go for me! I managed to squeeze 9 (infant daughter) of us in a 2 bedroom. It will be my family, my parents, and the in-laws for a couple days before a cruise. I know space will be tight but with this group, I’ll likely be at the bar anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!