•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I am open to anything. I have gone in logic circles thinking about a second home resort. I have ruled in and ruled out all of them at some point. Only looking for WDW resorts. I am family of 4 with kids that are 7&11. We go to resorts all day or just chill and skip going to a park the whole trip. We live in frigid northeast, so looking for stays in January through April. We like one bedrooms. My wife will only let me add one more. So I thought I see if there is a common pairing. It seems like it’s boardwalk with copper creek.

I am open to anything. I have gone in logic circles thinking about a second home resort. I have ruled in and ruled out all of them at some point. Only looking for WDW resorts. I am family of 4 with kids that are 7&11. We go to resorts all day or just chill and skip going to a park the whole trip. We live in frigid northeast, so looking for stays in January through April. We like one bedrooms. My wife will only let me add one more. So I thought I see if there is a common pairing. It seems like it’s boardwalk with copper creek.

With CCV you have an "MK" resort. So if you want something different I'd consider an Epcot resort, AKV or since you like 1BR's OKW contracts are a good value and the rooms are huge. It's like staying in a condo vs a hotel. You pay a premium for BWV vs AKV or OKW so unless you have a strong desire to have an Epcot resort or to stay at BWV you might want to consider a different location that is a little more economical. And a plus about wanting 1BR's is that they are easier to book at 7 months so you don't always have to own where you want to stay and can be a little more economical. Still, buy someplace you'd want to stay if you can't switch.

With CCV you have an "MK" resort. So if you want something different I'd consider an Epcot resort, AKV or since you like 1BR's OKW contracts are a good value and the rooms are huge. It's like staying in a condo vs a hotel. You pay a premium for BWV vs AKV or OKW so unless you have a strong desire to have an Epcot resort or to stay at BWV you might want to consider a different location that is a little more economical. And a plus about wanting 1BR's is that they are easier to book at 7 months so you don't always have to own where you want to stay and can be a little more economical. Still, buy someplace you'd want to stay if you can't switch.

This is our thinking too. I'd be interested in a small contract at Riveria, but don't have my husband sold on that! He'd go for AK before anything else.

Anyone ever make an out of your way dining reservation, just to visit the lodge? I hope my wife doesn't figure out my motive. :rotfl2:
We used to do that for the times when we weren't staying at our "home." With the advent of Storybook Dining (and subsequent loss of Artist Point) and the refurb/downgrading of quality at Roaring Fork, we no longer stop by just to dine there. Geyser Point has a couple of good dishes, but it's not worth making a special trip there just to eat a bison burger or their waffle fries.

We used to do that for the times when we weren't staying at our "home." With the advent of Storybook Dining (and subsequent loss of Artist Point) and the refurb/downgrading of quality at Roaring Fork, we no longer stop by just to dine there. Geyser Point has a couple of good dishes, but it's not worth making a special trip there just to eat a bison burger or their waffle fries.

I enjoy the Whispering Canyon breakfast skillets, I think they're a good value for what you get.

I enjoy the Whispering Canyon breakfast skillets, I think they're a good value for what you get.
They are, but overall we feel the quality has suffered, starting with the Mickey waffles that used to be made to order, crunchy on the outside, soft inside with a few sauces that actually had taste. And they deep-sixed some sandwiches, the fresher grill items, etc. For us, it's just not worth a trip.

They are, but overall we feel the quality has suffered, starting with the Mickey waffles that used to be made to order, crunchy on the outside, soft inside with a few sauces that actually had taste. And they deep-sixed some sandwiches, the fresher grill items, etc. For us, it's just not worth a trip.

I agree with this. Not only is the food quality poor, but so is the service. Our last two experiences there were terrible. Theyre extremely slow! 2nd to last visit we didn’t even get drink refills! We only eat there for breakfast when we’re staying there, otherwise, I wouldn’t make a special trip for it!

I’ll respectfully disagree with both of you. :)

I’m a simple guy my favorite food is backwoods diner food. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!