•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Just back from five nights in a cabin. Loved it. May use the layout for a future retirement home in the mountains (plus a little more square footage and outdoor living space)! Sat in the hot tub and watched bambi and his mom come right up to the screen.

WDW was RIDICULOUS busy over Columbus Day week but the cabin was a sanctuary. VERY quiet area. We were able to get the cabin right at the 7mo window. My only regret was not taking advantage of the resort more. Love WL, but we didn't really explore it like I wanted. Did Geyser Point late and they played the music for Hallowishes (?) while we had apps and drinks. GP is very cool. Ate dinner and breakfast at WCC but it doesn't sparkle for me the way it did years ago. That's probably my baggage tbh. Roaring Forks was good for breakfast and dinner.

Hopefully we can go back some day. Our fave is Kidani SV but the cabin spoiled us BAD.

Happy you had a great time! Sorry you didn’t get to enjoy the resort more - just means you’ll have to book another trip!!!! LOL May I ask, how much of the fireworks can you see from GP? Thanks!

Last edited:

Stopping by this thread as we are officially new owners at CCV! So excited to own a teeny piece of the magic!

:welcome:and Congrats! Happy to have you as a new neighbor! Did you book your first stay yet? What is your UY? If you post your information, I will put you up on the Owners Log on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME*

:welcome:and Congrats! Happy to have you as a new neighbor! Did you book your first stay yet? What is your UY? If you post your information, I will put you up on the Owners Log on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME*
Thank you! UY is April:) we did book our first stay, we had a cash reservation at a value for early December 2018, but they pulled some magic out of their hat and found us a studio at the poly using our points! We are hoping to come home to CCV December 2019!

Happy you had a great time! Sorry you didn’t get to enjoy the resort more - just means you’ll have to book another trip!!!! LOL May I ask, how much of the fireworks can you see from GP? Thanks!

You can see a pretty good bit of the high stuff. Lots of folks along the shore watching beside GP. We could even see the highest from our cabin which was a bit further up the shore. No music though! :earboy2:

Actually, one cool feature in the cabin was outdoor speakers playing "resort" music. Some Disney stuff but otherwise Western themed? Idk. It was still a cool and unexpected feature.

Looks li we are getting new neighbors:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ew-resort-hotel-on-old-river-country-grounds/

Not a whole lot of info, but it is a big resort with 900 rooms, and will be the 16th DVC Resort.

The deluxe resort, which will be themed to complement its natural surroundings, will include more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas spread across a variety of unique accommodation types.

Others are reporting that the 900 rooms are strictly hotel rooms. Plus there are unknown number DVC villas to be announced.

Edit: TimK pointed out that the announcement indicated another 1700 rooms and DVC villas were be added to WDW resorts. That figure means that the 900 rooms represents hotel rooms and villas at the new Nature resort.

I am curious to see what the hotel will be like since it is right next door to Ft. Wilderness Campground. It just seems like an invasion of the Campgrounds to me.

Last edited:
It's not going to be slight - it's going to be pretty significant.
I'm not of the opinion that Copper Creek's maintenance fees will drop in 2019. I think it will remain in the $7.25/point range.

If you look at what happened last year, Copper Creek received a substantial credit of about $1.61/point because the actual taxes for 2017 were significantly less than the estimated tax amount. Nevertheless, Copper Creek's maintenance fees only dropped from $7.3336/point for 2017 to $7.2625/point for 2018.

Copper Creek's actual fees for 2019 might, once again, be much closer to the $6 mark rather than exceeding the $7 mark. However, Disney is in a "darned if it does and darned if it doesn't" situation with estimating Copper Creek's maintenance fees for the next two or three years. Property appraisals for new resorts are extremely low and then begin to climb after two to four years. The subject article has a chart showing how VGF and PVB's property appraisal were extraordinarily low during their construction periods.

Disney could have estimated Copper Creek's 2018 fees at around $5.50/point and it would have been spot on. However, in a few years Copper Creek will see its fees reach the $7.25 range once a full property appraisal is in place. Many people, including a number of people who frequent these boards, would quickly accuse Disney of purposefully lowballing the fees to boost sales. Owners who bought when the fees were $5.50/point won't understand why they are paying $7.25/point in a few years. I believe that is why Disney, even in the early years of a new resort, uses what it thinks will be the final and full appraisal value in estimating taxes.

The 2019 Annual Budget for Copper Creek should be released in a few week. I'll be shocked if the 2019 CCV fees are under $7.00. If they are, Kathy, you can have my free cookie that DVC passes out at the Annual Meeting.

I'm not of the opinion that Copper Creek's maintenance fees will drop in 2019. I think it will remain in the $7.25/point range.

If you look at what happened last year, Copper Creek received a substantial credit of about $1.61/point because the actual taxes for 2017 were significantly less than the estimated tax amount. Nevertheless, Copper Creek's maintenance fees only dropped from $7.3336/point for 2017 to $7.2625/point for 2018.

Copper Creek's actual fees for 2019 might, once again, be much closer to the $6 mark rather than exceeding the $7 mark. However, Disney is in a "darned if it does and darned if it doesn't" situation with estimating Copper Creek's maintenance fees for the next two or three years. Property appraisals for new resorts are extremely low and then begin to climb after two to four years. The subject article has a chart showing how VGF and PVB's property appraisal were extraordinarily low during their construction periods.

Disney could have estimated Copper Creek's 2018 fees at around $5.50/point and it would have been spot on. However, in a few years Copper Creek will see its fees reach the $7.25 range once a full property appraisal is in place. Many people, including a number of people who frequent these boards, would quickly accuse Disney of purposefully lowballing the fees to boost sales. Owners who bought when the fees were $5.50/point won't understand why they are paying $7.25/point in a few years. I believe that is why Disney, even in the early years of a new resort, uses what it thinks will be the final and full appraisal value in estimating taxes.

The 2019 Annual Budget for Copper Creek should be released in a few week. I'll be shocked if the 2019 CCV fees are under $7.00. If they are, Kathy, you can have my free cookie that DVC passes out at the Annual Meeting.

I tend to think like you do about this. I will enjoy the credit for the first few years, but expect that everything will settle out in a few years. It will be interesting to see what they do this year.

I totally agree. I would see the dues remain the same or slightly less, but close to current dues. When coupled with the 2018 tax adjustments, we would see a small decrease in what is owed in January.

I have a question for people who stayed in a one bedroom, is the tub in a room that can be closed off or it open like Boulder creek and SSR's one bedroom bath tubs.
My 13 year old DD loves to take baths before bed.

I have a question for people who stayed in a one bedroom, is the tub in a room that can be closed off or it open like Boulder creek and SSR's one bedroom bath tubs.
My 13 year old DD loves to take baths before bed.

The room that the tub is in (with a sink and tub) can be closed off by 2 sliding doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter