•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

alieila*July 2018*February

We won't be able to enjoy till March 2020 as I've already made DCL plans for 2019 lol. Will be staying at Poly for one night prior to our boarding in March 2019. We will probably bank 2019 and borrow from 2020 to get a nice room for the three of us in March haven't figured it out 100%, plus it's a long time from now.

:welcome:and CONGRATS to ALL of you!!! Welcome to our little board, we’re happy to have you as our new neighbors! Do you have your first trips as owners planned? I’ll be sure to add you all to Page 1! Looking forward to chatting with you all and

*WELCOME HOME!*
I am waking up tomorrow bright and early to book my 11 month window!

Queenof2princesses*September2018*April
I have been dreaming of this for years! DD21 and I spent her birthday week at CS and had the best trip of ‘firsts’! We did something new every day, including my first visit to WL! I new I was home when I walked through the door...so happy to be family
Angel

Shellyb84*September 2018*June

We are new DVC members as of yesterday! We bought 250 points at CCV. I'll admit I was a bit surprised about the lack of availability for June (so about 8 months out) at our home resort - we want 13 nights total and were only able to get 5 (and they are not consecutive). Hoping that we can piece something together once we hit 7 months!

Our first trip as owners will be April 1-7, 2019. We currently have the 1st through 3rd at PVB, and the 3rd and 6th at BLT. We waitlisted BLT for the 4th and 5th. If we are able to get the same room type, will member services merge the reservations?

New owners!

Memorymakerfor4*Sept. 2018*March

We fell in love with CCV when we stayed there over the summer and it was hands down where we wanted to buy. Looking forward to booking for next Thanksgiving as a family! Husband and I just planned a quick getaway for the two of us in January and managed to snag a villa at Jambo. Still trying to wrap my head around how far in advance we need to plan vacations, but I'm not complaining because it gives me more time to plan fun stuff to do!

We also fell in love with WL. Just added on to our Aug UY contract. We can't wait until we can return "home" for the Christmas decorations!

ETA: FFMickey*Sept 2018*August

alieila*July 2018*February

We won't be able to enjoy till March 2020 as I've already made DCL plans for 2019 lol. Will be staying at Poly for one night prior to our boarding in March 2019. We will probably bank 2019 and borrow from 2020 to get a nice room for the three of us in March haven't figured it out 100%, plus it's a long time from now.

Queenof2princesses*September2018*April
I have been dreaming of this for years! DD21 and I spent her birthday week at CS and had the best trip of ‘firsts’! We did something new every day, including my first visit to WL! I new I was home when I walked through the door...so happy to be family
Angel

Shellyb84*September 2018*June

We are new DVC members as of yesterday! We bought 250 points at CCV. I'll admit I was a bit surprised about the lack of availability for June (so about 8 months out) at our home resort - we want 13 nights total and were only able to get 5 (and they are not consecutive). Hoping that we can piece something together once we hit 7 months!

Our first trip as owners will be April 1-7, 2019. We currently have the 1st through 3rd at PVB, and the 3rd and 6th at BLT. We waitlisted BLT for the 4th and 5th. If we are able to get the same room type, will member services merge the reservations?

:welcome:to ALL of our new neighbors!!! I’m so sorry I’m behind, we were away for the weekend!! I will be updating Page 1 to add each of you!!! How exciting to have all of you come aboard!! Feel free to drop in anytime to chat with us!! Our little thread is getting bigger by the day!! Couldn’t be happier!!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

@Shellyb84 - Hey there!! Great that you bought DVC at CCV!!! We never got to meet up at BCV this summer, but maybe we’ll be able to at CCV at some point!! Happy for you!

I'll admit I was a bit surprised about the lack of availability for June (so about 8 months out) at our home resort - we want 13 nights total and were only able to get 5 (and they are not consecutive). Hoping that we can piece something together once we hit 7 months!
CCV is only 70% declared so that could have something to do with availability at this time. Get on the waitlist asap before the 7 month opens up to increase your chances if they declare the rest of the resort or other CCV members decide to go to a different resort at 7 months.

I just booked 2 studios at Copper Creek for September 2019! I want both rooms next to each other. I called after booking to request the rooms be near each other such as 5119 & 5121. My confusion comes where she made it seem the room type I chose, which were 2 walk in showers, take priority over having the rooms next to each other. I just want them next to each other but I had to choose the shower type when booking. Should I change one room to a tub if I wanted *119 & *121 rooms?

CCV is only 70% declared so that could have something to do with availability at this time. Get on the waitlist asap before the 7 month opens up to increase your chances if they declare the rest of the resort or other CCV members decide to go to a different resort at 7 months.

Oh ok, yes we're already on the waitlist! Fingers crossed! I'm ok with a different resort too, we just don't want to have to do more than a 2 resort split.

I just booked 2 studios at Copper Creek for September 2019! I want both rooms next to each other. I called after booking to request the rooms be near each other such as 5119 & 5121. My confusion comes where she made it seem the room type I chose, which were 2 walk in showers, take priority over having the rooms next to each other. I just want them next to each other but I had to choose the shower type when booking. Should I change one room to a tub if I wanted *119 & *121 rooms?
Yes, the type of room booked takes priority, such as bookable views (which CCV doesn't have). Also, you should try and make your request more generic because if one of the rooms you requested is unavailable, the room assigner doesn't know why you choose it, they'll just assign you any room available. IMHO, you'll get a better result that way than requesting specific rooms.

It is true that CCV is only 75% declared. Except on the first floor there are very few studios next to each other whether they have a shower or tub. I would have member services add the remark "traveling with reservation #XXXXXXXXX" to each reservation showing the other reservation number. The room assigners are real good getting rooms near each other, but they might be down the hall from each other versus next door.

Yes, the type of room booked takes priority, such as bookable views (which CCV doesn't have). Also, you should try and make your request more generic because if one of the rooms you requested is unavailable, the room assigner doesn't know why you choose it, they'll just assign you any room available. IMHO, you'll get a better result that way than requesting specific rooms.
Thanks for the tip. Is there a map of which dedicated studios have walk in showers and which are tubs? I essentially need to know if I should book a shower/shower, tub/shower, or tub/tub in order to get these rooms next to each other.

Hi all, been talking to our guide about adding on at CCV, we're out in WDW (actually have a night booked at Boulder Ridge for after MNSSHP) in a couple of weeks so will have a proper look then and decide.

I've owned at BCV since 2002 and haven't added on since 2003 (also BCV) so very excited to potentially buy there :)

Hi all, been talking to our guide about adding on at CCV, we're out in WDW (actually have a night booked at Boulder Ridge for after MNSSHP) in a couple of weeks so will have a proper look then and decide.

You will love it! We stayed at BRV in September and we left with more points. The thing that sold us was that CCV is in the main building of WL. We had the last room in BRV which made for long walks.

So... we have paid our deposit. Trying to read through some of the documentation. DH is concerned with things like we only have "privileges" at the pools and that we can be asked to leave if it becomes too crowed. Resort guests get 1st priority. Also something about they can terminate our membership if they decide we have broken any rules.

Anyone have any experience with these situations or is DVC just CYA?

Thanks!!!

So... we have paid our deposit. Trying to read through some of the documentation. DH is concerned with things like we only have "privileges" at the pools and that we can be asked to leave if it becomes too crowed. Resort guests get 1st priority. Also something about they can terminate our membership if they decide we have broken any rules.

Anyone have any experience with these situations or is DVC just CYA?

Thanks!!!

The pool comment sounds like in reference to pool hopping, not if you are using the pool at the DVC resort you are staying at.

The other - I've heard of it. Those situations were because of commercial renting. You have to do something big and unless that was your plan I wouldn't consider it a big concern. Just something good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter