•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Thanks for the responses. It is my understanding that most owners think renting out is relatively easy and I do hope this is the case for me. However, if this is really the case, how come there are foreclosures? Are all the foreclosures within DVC using financing? I paid cash for my contract. If renting out is not an issue, I will be very comfortable about signing my contract (I got the package yesterday). I don't think that my family will lose interest in WDW but I am just taking the worst scenario into consideration. Thanks,
I suspect that the vast majority of the foreclosures are financed through Disney. Like others mentioned, covering the fees, principal, and interest can be tough with renting out the points.
Another "worst case" situation to consider is the ability to resell your contract if things really change drastically. Unlike many timeshares, there is healthy demand for Disney resales.
I know you are in that agonizing stage right now of deciding whether to commit, but know that we all have been there, and if you do it you'll have priority access to a wonderful resort, coupled with the flexibility to use your points differently over time. :)

Could be that, also could from not paying dues in a timely manner or at all. There's probably a subset of owners who are unaware or untrusting of the rental process. Remember, people are paying dues every single year per point regardless of whether they finance or not. So if someone got a hefty loan to cover their purchase and have to pay dues as well, the rental may not cover all the dues. Especially if they are at a lower demand resort. Or just things happen in life and people just don't prioritize and take care of financial commitments before it's too late. That's my thinking anyway, I'm sure more experienced DVCers can chime in on that.
I completely agree. I bet the foreclosure rate for cash paid contracts is near zero, because the contract has value. Worst case, they could sell it if they thought ahead far enough before not being able to cover the maintenance fees...

We just found this YouTube Video showing Room 5114, which is a dedicated two bedroom. It is neat to get to see some more of the slight differences with the dedicated two bedroom vs the one bedroom + studio lockoff.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to your post of the CCV floor plan with room numbers. From there I can tell the majority of the dedicated studios are on the first floor. I have never stay on the 1st floor rooms in my past vacations so I am not sure what it like and whether my wife will like it. Being on the 1st floor, there will be less privacy and more exposure to bugs (ants).

Any experience about staying on the 1st floor at CCV or BRV? Thanks,

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to your post of the CCV floor plan with room numbers. From there I can tell the majority of the dedicated studios are on the first floor. I have never stay on the 1st floor rooms in my past vacations so I am not sure what it like and whether my wife will like it. Being on the 1st floor, there will be less privacy and more exposure to bugs (ants).

We have never stayed on the first floor at WL either. We always request high floors for better views. We just bought our CCV DVC Membership during our last WL trip in August, and can't wait to make our first trip as members this coming September. We bought enough points for a studio, but have friends who bought at the same time, so we will be sharing our points to do a two bedroom and a cabin this year. The 1 bedrooms do give a lot of extra space, so I could see one of those in our future sometime with just us, especially as the kids get bigger. There are a lot of studios on the higher floors too, especially if you are willing to have a lockoff, which to us is no worse than a hotel room with a connecting door. The alternate studios look awesome, but there are very few of them and pretty much everybody wants one. I added a video from inside one of them above.
Back to your question, I wouldn't expect there to be too big of an ant problem, and if there were Disney should take care of it quickly. I wouldn't be against a first floor room, but I will still probably request higher floor ones.
Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks for the responses. It is my understanding that most owners think renting out is relatively easy and I do hope this is the case for me. However, if this is really the case, how come there are foreclosures? Are all the foreclosures within DVC using financing? I paid cash for my contract. If renting out is not an issue, I will be very comfortable about signing my contract (I got the package yesterday). I don't think that my family will lose interest in WDW but I am just taking the worst scenario into consideration. Thanks,

As @Roxyfire indicated, it is likely that people either can't pay the financing payments, the dues, or possibly have inherited the DVC and are just letting it default. Many people may not be aware of the options on the resale market. You would be shocked at how many DVC owners don't know much about how to use DVC, bank points, etc and I have been told that it is very common for some owners to let points expire since they don't know the rules.

I think it's a good idea to think in terms of worst case scenario. DVC is 25 years old now and so far renting points has been very easy. Much easier than when DVC started and the internet was not as widespread.

Thanks for sharing.

Of the two, just at VWL (sorry, can't make myself use BRV except in parenthetical asides) have I stayed in a ground level floor. They're nice for being able to step outside and zip over to the lobby or get a quick drink at RF (or perhaps GP now). Certainly having the grass, landscaping, and trees right outside your door is a nice touch. However, if you leave for any length of time, you can't actually lock your sliding door from the outside so that presents a security issue. Plus, noise levels can be a tad worse if you're near the pool or the walkways between the main Lodge and the VWL building. Beyond that, there's no real difference. We prefer higher floors as the views have a potential for being better and slightly quieter, as well.

Last edited:
Any new info on club level services at copper creek ???
Will be checking in next Friday and have heard nothing ... Really thought by March we would have a little hint

Will be checking in next Friday and have heard nothing ... Really thought by March we would have a little hint

I had a question regarding my points last week and asked MS if they heard anything, and they said nothing yet!! I definitely thought by February the latest.

Hi mrsap, you can add me to your logs! We bought CCV in May, with an April use year. We banked and borrowed points for a cabin next May. We can't wait! Wilderness Lodge has always been one of our favorite resorts.
Super late to this party but broke down and made a new disboards after changing emails / lost passwords /new computer / etc. Bought in at CCV in July 2017 with December UY. Staying home as owners for the first time November 30-December 8th in a 1 bedroom!

Super late to this party but broke down and made a new disboards after changing emails / lost passwords /new computer / etc. Bought in at CCV in July 2017 with December UY. Staying home as owners for the first time November 30-December 8th in a 1 bedroom!
Congratulations and welcome!

Try to find out abut Reunion Station while your there and if there is any news, post it. Have a great vacation!

Congrats KLHchemist! Welcome back!

What a perfect time frame for your first owner stay at CCV! I can't wait until we can stay at the lodge during the holidays.

Congrats KLHchemist! Welcome back!

What a perfect time frame for your first owner stay at CCV! I can't wait until we can stay at the lodge during the holidays.

Thank you! I took my husband on his first trip to WDW ever in January for his birthday and he now has a case of add-on-itis. Planning on adding on during our Cruise in May and Can't wait for holidays @ wilderness lodge. We're bringing his two sisters who have never been to WDW and they are really excited. :santa:

Just posted on DVCNews.com -

Now that Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge has become the focus of Disney’s marketing at Walt Disney World, it accounts for almost two-thirds of all Disney Vacation Club points sold in February 2018. For the month, 214,378 points were sold for the ten DVC resorts at Walt Disney World, an increase of 42.1% same month in 2017 and the best sales total for a February since we began tracking direct sales in July 2010.

In February 2018, 117 deeds were sold for 25 points or less. These small point deeds accounted for 6.5% of all deeds sold in the month but only 1.3% of the total points sold. Disney announced that beginning February 25, 2018, new DVC members will need to own at least 75 points that were purchased directly from Disney to qualify for Membership Extras. Since these sales figures are based upon the date deeds are filed with their respective counties, this mid-February announcement likely came too late to have a significant impact on February sales.

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge — Copper Creek set an all-time high for the resort with 141,452 points sold in February 2018, besting its previous high of 109,442 set the previous month. The resort has now sold 764,119 points, or 23.0% of its 3,321,220 total points. Disney still has about 2.49 million Copper Creek points it can sell to the general public.

Year-over-year, Copper Creek is performing strongly in comparison to Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. As the primary destination being marketed to buyers, the 141K Copper Creek points sold in Februrary 2018 bested the Polynesian's totals of 129,884 points sold in February 2017 and 72,137 in February 2016.

There is more on the site

We are at CCV now and we asked about Reunion Station and got the same information we already know that it will be a DVC pay for use club level with food and drink and some beverage tastings and possible other pay for events. No one knows who will be operating it, DVC or Dining. We saw them painting the inside walls on the day we arrived and they had construction screening covering the open patio area and they were working in that area as well, plus guys carrying blue prints going in and out of the patio area.

We are at CCV now and we asked about Reunion Station and got the same information we already know that it will be a DVC pay for use club level with food and drink and some beverage tastings and possible other pay for events. No one knows who will be operating it, DVC or Dining. We saw them painting the inside walls on the day we arrived and they had construction screening covering the open patio area and they were working in that area as well, plus guys carrying blue prints going in and out of the patio area.
Sounds like the work is getting close to finishing. Maybe a month or so before it opens

Just posted on DVCNews.com -
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge — Copper Creek set an all-time high for the resort with 141,452 points sold in February 2018, besting its previous high of 109,442 set the previous month. The resort has now sold 764,119 points, or 23.0% of its 3,321,220 total points. Disney still has about 2.49 million Copper Creek points it can sell to the general public.

I hope this means they'll allocate more rooms soon and our December waitlist will come through :-)

Someone posted that the Reunion station info is in the new Disney Files. $50 per adult per night and $33 per child age (3-9) per night. It's length if stay and must be everyone in your party.

Someone posted that the Reunion station info is in the new Disney Files. $50 per adult per night and $33 per child age (3-9) per night. It's length if stay and must be everyone in your party.

Any word on what's included? I'm wondering if it will be the same as hotel CL offerings.

Any word on what's included? I'm wondering if it will be the same as hotel CL offerings.

This is what was quoted: "option is available only for the entire length of stay and for every member of the traveling party. It is "designed to serve as a private lounge with foods and beverages by morning and evening, a center for paid workshops and activities by midday, and relaxing (complimentary!) retreat for Members by night

And a link to the thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/reunion-station-news.3668882/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter