•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hopefully there should be no issues when booking at your home resort at 11 months!! I was shocked to see any availability for 4th of July week!

You scored! It's the world repaying you for all the wonderful help you've given (especially to me!). I agree with jimmytammy that you've done a great job with this thread! I don't usually read/interact in forums, but it just feels so friendly here I can't help myself :flower:

Some dates are tougher than others at the WL resorts. For example, the Thanksgiving/Christmas times fill up quickly and are very tough to grab at the 7-month mark. A couple of years ago when WL was a host resort for the Princess Half Marathon, it booked up quickly, as well. Any major holiday is usually tougher to get since those are traditional vacation times.

Thanks for the info! Maybe one of these days I'll finally be able to see WDW during the Christmas season. I looked up photos of the WL holiday decor, and the huge Christmas tree looks beautiful!

Thanks for the info! Maybe one of these days I'll finally be able to see WDW during the Christmas season. I looked up photos of the WL holiday decor, and the huge Christmas tree looks beautiful!
I am biased, obviously--the Lodge is the most gorgeous resort during the holiday season. The GF has a wonderful vibe, too, what with the gingerbread house; however, given the Northwest theme at the Lodge, no place feels or looks or inhabits the holidays quite like my "home." Keep trying as there are always stories of people getting in after seven months. Generally, studios go most quickly as they're the cheapest, and there are fewer 2BRs so those can get booked. However, a 1BR can linger for awhile or even a late-opening studio when someone cancels or switches. Further, if you're willing to split stays, sometimes you can find a day or two open in the middle of your intended time frame. Best wishes going forward!

I am biased, obviously--the Lodge is the most gorgeous resort during the holiday season. The GF has a wonderful vibe, too, what with the gingerbread house; however, given the Northwest theme at the Lodge, no place feels or looks or inhabits the holidays quite like my "home." Keep trying as there are always stories of people getting in after seven months. Generally, studios go most quickly as they're the cheapest, and there are fewer 2BRs so those can get booked. However, a 1BR can linger for awhile or even a late-opening studio when someone cancels or switches. Further, if you're willing to split stays, sometimes you can find a day or two open in the middle of your intended time frame. Best wishes going forward!

I can't wait to visit WL on our trip in December! We are staying at VGF and BWV this time, but will be making a trip over just to appreciate the decorations and marvel at our new home resort!

mrsap
Great job with the new thread!! Very impressed with the 1st page and you have provided some some great info. I love the vibe you have created and the feel you are getting from it. It reminds me of our little thread(VWL groupies)as we have become more than just lovers of the Lodge, we have become friends. We have met several folks through the years because of the thread and genuinely care for each other and our well being. I hope this new thread does the same for you folks! Its something about the Lodge that brings out the best in people

I don't own pts at CCV but a long time owner of pts at VWL(BRV, but us ol timers have a tough time calling it by its new name, but thats another story:D)
But I do look forward to giving CCV a try in the future.

Well said! I agree. This thread is off to a great start and I can't wait to report back with our first booking. I am trying to decide if it is crazy to book for September again. We have enjoyed our visits, but just missing the hurricane this visit makes me wonder. I think we will still do it next year since it probably won't be an option in a few years when our daughter starts school.

mrsap
Thank you for the warm welcome! As SleepyDog has said, all you folks are most welcome to join in our little band of VWL groupies as well. Got a feeling there will be others from our bunch joining in here soon:goodvibes

mrsap
Thank you for the warm welcome! As SleepyDog has said, all you folks are most welcome to join in our little band of VWL groupies as well. Got a feeling there will be others from our bunch joining in here soon:goodvibes

No problem and thank you!!!! So nice of you!

You scored! It's the world repaying you for all the wonderful help you've given (especially to me!). I agree with jimmytammy that you've done a great job with this thread! I don't usually read/interact in forums, but it just feels so friendly here I can't help myself :flower:

Aww thank you!!!! So nice of you to say!!!!!

It's absolutely gorgeous!!! You must try at least once!!! The Lodge is just breathtaking when you walk in and see the tree for the first time!!!

I can't wait to visit WL on our trip in December! We are staying at VGF and BWV this time, but will be making a trip over just to appreciate the decorations and marvel at our new home resort!

Well said! I agree. This thread is off to a great start and I can't wait to report back with our first booking. I am trying to decide if it is crazy to book for September again. We have enjoyed our visits, but just missing the hurricane this visit makes me wonder. I think we will still do it next year since it probably won't be an option in a few years when our daughter starts school.

You definitely have to stop in and see!! It's the best time to go see WL, in my opinion!!!! And thank you too!!!!! You guys are SO nice!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the very kind words! I'm happy that you're happy!!

Good to know I have a shot at bookings! We're probably going to book mostly 1 bedrooms if we bring DD and possibly even my mother along. I was planning a WDW trip for September next year, but I might just delay the trip a couple of months to see the decorations when they go up! When do the theme parks and resorts usually put up the decorations?

We just checked into the Lodge, after a 14 hour car ride that should have taken 9. OMG!!! It is gorgeous! This is our first experience here. I am not sure why we have never stayed here before. We are in CC 2bdrm standard and have a good view of the main pool. We are Kidani owners and love it over there but I have absolutely fallen in love with the feel of the lodge and love the villas. We can't wait for morning to come so we can go explore the property. We will be here for 2 nights (unfortunately, arriving at 11:20pm is one of our nights) and then moving to a cabin for a night as well.

Are there any "must do"s while we are here? We have 3 teens

We just checked into the Lodge, after a 14 hour car ride that should have taken 9. OMG!!! It is gorgeous! This is our first experience here. I am not sure why we have never stayed here before. We are in CC 2bdrm standard and have a good view of the main pool. We are Kidani owners and love it over there but I have absolutely fallen in love with the feel of the lodge and love the villas. We can't wait for morning to come so we can go explore the property. We will be here for 2 nights (unfortunately, arriving at 11:20pm is one of our nights) and then moving to a cabin for a night as well.

Glad to hear that yet another has fallen under the spell of Wilderness Lodge! Sounds like your trip is off to a great start.

As for must do's, we tend to make good use of the features of the Lodge area...though as I think about it, most of our must do list includes relaxing things. Not something teenagers tend to enjoy. But we always walk the path down to Fort Wilderness...usually to eat at Trail's End for breakfast. We enjoy the various nooks and crannies of the Wilderness Lodge lobby and the areas such as the sitting area with fireplace above the main entrance door.

I hope you have a wonderful stay there!

Glad to hear that yet another has fallen under the spell of Wilderness Lodge! Sounds like your trip is off to a great start.

As for must do's, we tend to make good use of the features of the Lodge area...though as I think about it, most of our must do list includes relaxing things. Not something teenagers tend to enjoy. But we always walk the path down to Fort Wilderness...usually to eat at Trail's End for breakfast. We enjoy the various nooks and crannies of the Wilderness Lodge lobby and the areas such as the sitting area with fireplace above the main entrance door.

I hope you have a wonderful stay there!
I echo what Granny says, especially the trail to FW for breakfast at Trail's End. We also tend to enjoy the calmer things at the Lodge--hanging out by the pool (and now Geyser Point), taking in the music, the smells, the sounds. Still, there are a couple of fun things that teens might enjoy. My 14-yr old enjoyed doing the Hidden Mickey hunt around the Lodge--just ask for one at the front desk. They also have a movie night. It used to be on the beach (where GP now sits), but moved it indoors off the VWL lobby during construction. I'm fairly certain it's still going, and I've heard a report that the new fire pit near GP is used to do s'mores like they used to do on the beach. You can rent bikes or little speed boats for a change of pace. And if you're staying in a cabin, they have a hot tub on the porch, so I suspect the teens will love that. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I just want to join in as well. We are super excited about CCV and found the thread from the VWL Groupies thread. I compiled the room location map based of of pictures from our recent stay and the info I could find online and in the DVC declaration. I can make adjustments as we learn more, but the totals for each room type work out. Let me know and I'll help out with whatever content I can.

I'll be back to post more about our upcoming plans, but I wanted to hop in now to say hello. I also have a lot of general WL resort pictures so if there's anything you are looking for a picture of let me know and I'll post what I have.

Currently we are looking for pictures of the inside of a 2 bedroom dedicated CCV Villa. All of the tours and Disney material seem to show the lockoff, but we are interested in seeing the extra closet and slightly different bathroom configuration. Also I'm sure everyone would like to see pictures inside rooms that have the alternate studio configuration.

Currently we are looking for pictures of the inside of a 2 bedroom dedicated CCV Villa. All of the tours and Disney material seem to show the lockoff, but we are interested in seeing the extra closet and slightly different bathroom configuration. Also I'm sure everyone would like to see pictures inside rooms that have the alternate studio configuration.

We are in a 2 bdrm dedicated right now and would be happy to upload pics. closet, bath, anything else?

I have to say, seeing this resort in the day time, I am even more in love with it! We have been to every DVC in Disney now and I have to say that this is my new favorite. Geyser point is amazingly relaxing. The crowd is very low right now from the storm and I know that is playing a part. No one at the pools, etc. But still. All the little nooks around the lobby to just sit and relax as well. AKV lobby is similar in the feel but not as many places to hide away and just relax/read. I really like the decor of the villas and how the kitchen is set up (galley). I know others have complained but I love them. And the barn doors of the bathroom! We snuck a peek at a studio in boulder creek and while they are nice, CC is superior in feel, by far. Can't wait to see be in the cabins. Oh, but one thing I definitely prefer about Kidani (and bay lake if I recall, though I don't like bay lake all that much) is the extra bathroom in the 1 and 2 bdrms. With 2 adults and 3 older teens, it is welcome. I think they could have done a better 2nd bath design in CC. Separate room for toilet and shower instead of that huge closet would have been a better use of space. But I am not a designer...

I don't know if Trail's end is open yet due to the storm. I will have to check. The trail is open.

We are in a 2 bdrm dedicated right now and would be happy to upload pics. closet, bath, anything else?

I have to say, seeing this resort in the day time, I am even more in love with it! We have been to every DVC in Disney now and I have to say that this is my new favorite. Geyser point is amazingly relaxing. The crowd is very low right now from the storm and I know that is playing a part. No one at the pools, etc. But still. All the little nooks around the lobby to just sit and relax as well. AKV lobby is similar in the feel but not as many places to hide away and just relax/read. I really like the decor of the villas and how the kitchen is set up (galley). I know others have complained but I love them. And the barn doors of the bathroom! We snuck a peek at a studio in boulder creek and while they are nice, CC is superior in feel, by far. Can't wait to see be in the cabins. Oh, but one thing I definitely prefer about Kidani (and bay lake if I recall, though I don't like bay lake all that much) is the extra bathroom in the 1 and 2 bdrms. With 2 adults and 3 older teens, it is welcome. I think they could have done a better 2nd bath design in CC. Separate room for toilet and shower instead of that huge closet would have been a better use of space. But I am not a designer...

I don't know if Trail's end is open yet due to the storm. I will have to check. The trail is open.
Great, thanks! We just want to see the part of the room that is different with the dedicated 2 bedroom, so looking toward the bathroom and closet from the bed area in the second bedroom would be neat. Showing the two beds might be cool too. Basically anything you care to take and upload will get us excited. Thanks!

Have a great trip! Too bad Trail's End is closed because it is one of our favorites, but you've got great options at WL. We too love the feel of Geyser Point and think it is just a great addition to the resort. We got to tour the cabins and loved them too, making staying in one of them a definite bucket list item for us. Thanks again and have a great time.

I just want to join in as well. We are super excited about CCV and found the thread from the VWL Groupies thread. I compiled the room location map based of of pictures from our recent stay and the info I could find online and in the DVC declaration. I can make adjustments as we learn more, but the totals for each room type work out. Let me know and I'll help out with whatever content I can.

I'll be back to post more about our upcoming plans, but I wanted to hop in now to say hello. I also have a lot of general WL resort pictures so if there's anything you are looking for a picture of let me know and I'll post what I have.

:welcome: We're happy you stopped in to say Hello!! You're more than welcome to join us!! That's wonderful you're willing to share pictures with everyone! WL is so beautiful, it's hard not to fall in love with it!! Your room map is great, and someone was kind enough to post it for us on page one!! Thank you for making that!!!! :worship: Looking forward to chatting with you in the future!

I hope you're having a wonderful time!!! Please share pictures with us when you arrive back home! Sorry to hear about the crazy long car ride!!! Did you take I-95?? That's the worst, especially when you're SOO excited to get there!! We drive every trip so I feel your pain!

My kids are little, but they love the pool, so we hang out there a lot. We also love the lobby, especially the quiet areas around with the rocking chairs and fireplace!!! SO relaxing. (they also love running back and forth over the bridge, but i'm sure your teens won't want to do that!) lol There's the arcade, and it's also fun hanging out waiting for the geyser to erupt!! Have a blast!

I just wanted to say thank for all the work you did on mapping the rooms for CCV for every floor.

And I am looking forward to any photos people supply for their rooms and the balcony views with room numbers.

I hope you're having a wonderful time!!! Please share pictures with us when you arrive back home! Sorry to hear about the crazy long car ride!!! Did you take I-95?? That's the worst, especially when you're SOO excited to get there!! We drive every trip so I feel your pain!

My kids are little, but they love the pool, so we hang out there a lot. We also love the lobby, especially the quiet areas around with the rocking chairs and fireplace!!! SO relaxing. (they also love running back and forth over the bridge, but i'm sure your teens won't want to do that!) lol There's the arcade, and it's also fun hanging out waiting for the geyser to erupt!! Have a blast!

Yes, we drove 95. We drive every time and it is usually around 9 hours, stopping quickly for food and gas. That 14 hours was by far the longest. Matthew took us 11-12 hours last year because of the flooding on 95 in lower NC. I will try to upload the photos tonight.

We are in the cabin tonight. Love the feel of it and exactly like the type of cabin I would love to have in retirement on a lake. The family thinks it feels smaller than a regular 2 bdrm but I disagree. The dining area is much larger as is the kitchen. Lots of little add ons like little reading lights on the bed, the tv in the bath mirror, etc. rocking chairs on the porch, fireplace (with changing colors), etc.

We are in 8021 - right side by the parking lot for the cabins. I think I will have a good view of the electric pageant and I can't be positive but I think I see space mountain in the far skyline. So I am hoping we will see a little bit of fireworks.

Can you tell me more about where 8021 is? As you are facing the lake, I understand there are cabins on the left and right side. Is it in the grouping of cabins to the right towards Fort Wilderness? Also, would you let us know if you notice noise from the boat horns?

Thank you for sharing info and have a wonderful stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!