•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

So Geyser Peak... really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere there (not the flying insects). Wife and I split the crispy chicken sandwich w/chips and I had a Space Dust IPA. My parents split the chicken salad. All of us really enjoyed the food. We split dinner b/c we had lunch a little late at D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs. The atmosphere at GP is awesome, very cool outdoor spot. Now, the bugs... OH MY... the flying insects were out of control.. not sure why (I know it is Florida) but zoinks! Didn’t really bug us (haha) while we ate, but saw several people get up and leave. The wind was blowing pretty good coming off of the lake, so that added an element to it as well. We rode the boats over to the MK for MVMCP and the wind and the bugs were worse at the dock! It’s Florida, we dealt with it and it was fine, didn’t let that ruin our vacation! 9 nights at AKV, 3 on the Disney Dream and 2 at Copper Creek to end it! WL/BR/CC are wonderful, a beautiful resort.. might have to add on here ;)
That's crazy about the bugs! What kind of bugs are they? Didn't sound like mosquitoes. A previous poster said they were there too. I wonder if they have any plans to control them? Are the bugs all over or just at the restaurant and dock? I'm glad to hear about the food, I was hoping they kept the good dinner items. If you can, post some pics of the cabin

Hello all! I just had the opportunity to tour the cabins and grounds at Copper Creek, and boy is it BEAUTIFUL! Hoping I can splurge on one of those cabins one day :)

-Wannabe CCV Owner
That's how it starts... Next thing you know you are looking at making a DVC purchase, and then figuring out how to make the points work for a night or two in a cabin... It is a fun affliction to suffer from.

That's how it starts... Next thing you know you are looking at making a DVC purchase, and then figuring out how to make the points work for a night or two in a cabin... It is a fun affliction to suffer from.

LOL my DH is already regretting not getting more points!!! That will be your next problem once you become owners!!! Must keep adding points!!!!!!!! LOL

That's crazy about the bugs! What kind of bugs are they? Didn't sound like mosquitoes. A previous poster said they were there too. I wonder if they have any plans to control them? Are the bugs all over or just at the restaurant and dock? I'm glad to hear about the food, I was hoping they kept the good dinner items. If you can, post some pics of the cabin
They weren’t mosquitoes.. here’s a pic of our rental this AM when we left...

Attachments

• 13DBE0D1-ED0D-41F6-9E54-FF24A5FC4A6C.jpeg
    13DBE0D1-ED0D-41F6-9E54-FF24A5FC4A6C.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 71
LOL my DH is already regretting not getting more points!!! That will be your next problem once you become owners!!! Must keep adding points!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm rather sad the minimum add on is 50, otherwise I'd probably pony up for some Copper Creek points before the next trip! Guess it's a good thing to save the money ;)

Hello, I am new to the DIS boards and absolutely love the advice and pictures all of you have been providing. I did have a question about projected 7 month availability of 2 BDRM villas at Copper Creek for 3rd week in October and 3rd week of May. I currently do not own at any DVC property, and while I would love to be a Copper Creek owner some day (the pictures and Youtube videos made me fall in love with the resort), my current situation would make it tough to swallow the $176/point price for CC. I was looking at some resale contracts for SSR or OKW for around $90 to $95/point. I imagine with the opening of Star Wars Galaxy Edge in 2019 that most of the DVC properties will become even more difficult to book at 7 months. I feel like I need to buy as soon as possible before the prices go up higher and higher.

Pics from the patio..

Attachments

• 881B0B85-2A7B-4ECD-9533-E708834FE082.jpeg
    881B0B85-2A7B-4ECD-9533-E708834FE082.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 75
  • ABA6E130-B16F-4EFC-A01C-CE41595DC8B4.jpeg
    ABA6E130-B16F-4EFC-A01C-CE41595DC8B4.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 7C93BA76-E28B-4E90-9A51-EDF1DBE95F3E.jpeg
    7C93BA76-E28B-4E90-9A51-EDF1DBE95F3E.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 71
  • C7D389BA-21F6-4F02-B7EB-8F6E7F73C4DE.jpeg
    C7D389BA-21F6-4F02-B7EB-8F6E7F73C4DE.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 71
Can you see fireworks from Geyser point? I keep hearing conflicting responses.
t

In April we could easily see the fireworks from the sidewalk lakeside next to Geyser Point. And we could see some if we stood closer to Geyser Point. But I cannot for the life of me remember if people could see from their seats on the lakeside of GP. We never got to GP early enough to get seats on that side of GP before the fireworks started. Even when we got there at 7:00 PM. But then we could see them from our BRV room so we didn't down to GP for the fireworks each evening.

t

In April we could easily see the fireworks from the sidewalk lakeside next to Geyser Point. And we could see some if we stood closer to Geyser Point. But I cannot for the life of me remember if people could see from their seats on the lakeside of GP. We never got to GP early enough to get seats on that side of GP before the fireworks started. Even when we got there at 7:00 PM. But then we could see them from our BRV room so we didn't down to GP for the fireworks each evening.

Thanks for sharing that!! I’ll definitely keep that in mind when we go in July!

Chiming in as a fellow CCV owner! We purchased in May 2017 and our UY is May. Haven't been able to stay there yet due to availability during our travel dates but just had our first ever DVC stay at BCV in October. We LOVED BCV and can't wait to try out CCV. We also have a trip booked in Feb 2018 at BWV.

Hello, I am new to the DIS boards and absolutely love the advice and pictures all of you have been providing. I did have a question about projected 7 month availability of 2 BDRM villas at Copper Creek for 3rd week in October and 3rd week of May. I currently do not own at any DVC property, and while I would love to be a Copper Creek owner some day (the pictures and Youtube videos made me fall in love with the resort), my current situation would make it tough to swallow the $176/point price for CC. I was looking at some resale contracts for SSR or OKW for around $90 to $95/point. I imagine with the opening of Star Wars Galaxy Edge in 2019 that most of the DVC properties will become even more difficult to book at 7 months. I feel like I need to buy as soon as possible before the prices go up higher and higher.
We all faced the same question. For us, being able to extend the booking window at Copper Creek to 11 months out was a big deal. It is where we want to stay, so since we are committing to DVC we wanted to make sure we could use it there.

With that being said, May availability for two bedrooms looks decent. Now we are approaching six months out and there is availability. The dedicated 2 bedrooms have more availability than the lockoffs, likely because of high demand for studios.
7F8B5C35-A369-4AAA-9DB5-3B15836876C7.png

Our concern is that it will get more difficult to make 7 month reservations with time, so we went with CCV. If you don’t mind staying at SSR or OKW, and can do without the direct purchase perks and discounts, you can save a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!