•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Here is the view from room 1136, the lockoff portion of a two bedroom that we checked out of today:
View attachment 474046View attachment 474047View attachment 474048

The one bedroom portion is room 1138, which is a handicapped accessible room. It has a similar view but is a little further down the hall.
View attachment 474058
View attachment 474060View attachment 474061

Our only request was high floor, and we did not need the Handicapped Accessible room, but that is what we got and we were not able to change. Requests are not guaranteed, but we took our chances trying for an alternate studio room. Oh well, it worked out ok and we had a great 10 days. I will post more inside pictures soon.

To be fair, if this is the room I get (also trying the alternate studio) you cannot complain- it is a very nice relaxing (and quite quiet I assume) outlook- looks lovely.

Actually, this is a DVC myth. The occupancy at BRV (VWL) studios used to be 4 people and when folks with 5 in their party would question this, they would be answered by posters here with the fire code argument. And then suddenly, one day without enlarging the property one inch, the studio occupancy changed from 4 to 5. So I'd be more inclined to go with the "not enough room to add the 5th bed" rather than the "fire code" reason.

Room occupancy isn’t set by only the physical size of the rooms but by the physical size and locations of each emergency egress.

Room occupancy isn’t set by only the physical size of the rooms but by the physical size and locations of each emergency egress.
All I'm saying is that fire code experts here on these very boards claimed that the old VWL studios could not have 5 occupants due to fire codes. They were wrong. If DVC wanted to squeeze an extra bed into the CCV studios, they could certainly do that. Because they have done it before.

these fixed week studios are all sold out right?

I reached out to my guide, as I wanted to make sure I actually gave you accurate information, and I couldn't have been more wrong in my original post saying they were sold out. I asked specifically for Thanskgiving - December fixed weeks (roughly weeks 48-52) and he told me I could purchase any of those weeks if I wanted to. I didn't ask about other weeks, but I am going to assume that if those weeks are available, any weeks are available.

Seems like they may have held back some inventory? I recently bought a small add on and they had no problem giving me my current use year and 2019 points. Really looking forward to our first stay in September.

Seems like they may have held back some inventory? I recently bought a small add on and they had no problem giving me my current use year and 2019 points. Really looking forward to our first stay in September.

Congrats! They have to give you 2019 points if it’s still within your current UY.

As far as I know CCV simply isn't totally sold out just yet. I believe I read they have around 100,000 points remaining (or probably less now). This jives with fixed weeks still being available as well.

Here are some interior pics of room 1138. It is one of only two non-studio rooms on the first floor, and is handicapped accessible while the lockoff next door (1136) is not handicapped accessible. We had them both as a two bedroom lock off.
DC94390F-2C26-4363-A040-A57D5CD92999.jpeg99E4C8C2-ACD4-48D4-9304-2F2CF0C765A0.jpegD6CE781C-66E9-484B-8FD4-2BF8B6D580A1.jpeg1B26D31E-63C3-49B6-B03C-90473FE78136.jpeg15010EDB-9066-4DAB-BFF2-370F2800FF38.jpeg152C8536-3B95-4E26-9D85-98C5947C79A6.jpegB44B1D77-081F-4309-8E4A-1FA410BEE918.jpeg1F24B2E1-E6BA-414B-84FC-E8DF2EF6310E.jpeg
Note that there is not a door to close off the master bed and bath from the laundry area, so you have to leave the master to get into the bathroom, which is different from a regular 1 bedroom.
Also in the kitchen the microwave is on the counter, and the shelves under the counter roll out as a single unit to allow a wheelchair to roll under the counter.

Welcome and congratulations. pooh:

With a March use year 2019 points are your current use year, you were entitled to them.

You booked a "2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa" not a "2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa with Walk-in Shower" correct? Only the former will get you an alternate layout for the studio portion. With that being said there are 8 - "2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa"; 2 on the first floor and 1 on each floor 2-7. Of those 8, 7 are the alternate layout so the odds of getting one are high (the only non alternate layout is on the 1st floor).

The best way to make room requests for DVC is if you are an owners directly through MS, if you rented DVC points ask the owner submit the request, and finally if you paid cash through Disney it is recommended to call GS to make the request. The only request I would make is high floor as that guarantees the alternate layout if it is granted.
Yes I booked a 2BR lock off villa not lock off villa with walk in shower.

Here are some interior pics of room 1138. It is one of only two non-studio rooms on the first floor, and is handicapped accessible while the lockoff next door (1136) is not handicapped accessible. We had them both as a two bedroom lock off.
View attachment 474366View attachment 474367View attachment 474368View attachment 474369View attachment 474370View attachment 474371View attachment 474372View attachment 474375
Note that there is not a door to close off the master bed and bath from the laundry area, so you have to leave the master to get into the bathroom, which is different from a regular 1 bedroom.
Also in the kitchen the microwave is on the counter, and the shelves under the counter roll out as a single unit to allow a wheelchair to roll under the counter.

Just wanted to take a second to thank you for the pictures! The rooms are so beautiful. Hope you had a great trip!

Hey guys... is there a Coke Freestyle machine now at the Lodge? Trying to help someone. Thanks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter