“Updated” MDE app being a pain for anyone else?

Just went into the app on my phone and the website on my laptop. I didn't update anything and my FP are showing only for 1 person instead of 2! Hoping this is just one of those messes that is the Disney MDE and it fixes itself in the next few hours.

That happens regularly. Often it fixes itself in minutes. Sometimes it takes longer.

First response (from the website contact page): “Thank you for bringing this to our attention...”

Seriously?? I cannot be the only person who has complained.

I also contacted them through the app itself. Waiting on THAT response.

The MDE android app was essentially useless to us from 4/28 until our trip ended on Friday. Actually it wasn't working for at least a week prior, as well. I've got two android phones (different models) on two different networks. My plans would show up sporadically, and I'd get photopass notifications 1-2 days late. Most of the time both apps were stuck on loading screens. The only thing they could dependably do is load wait times. I couldn't make an "live" changes, such as booking fourth fastpasses.

That said, I had my wife load it on her older iPhone SE, and it worked flawlessly. The only wrinkle is I was constantly bugging her to mess with the app, and she's used to playing with her own phone while I mess with plans on mine.

It was very frustrating, as I've never had problems with the android apps prior to this trip, at both WDW and Disneyland. In fact, when we were at DL last October, I was marveling at how well the Disneyland app functioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!