“This is The Greatest Show!” : A PTR to the Greatest Trip Ever! Updatex1 - 7 Aug/18 - COMPLETE

ADR’s

March 5 rolled on by and I’ve booked my DR’s, and I’m pretty happy with them. I may switch a couple of them around, but I got everything I wanted! One major change I made was, right at the last minute, that I decided to try more new restaurants/CS than repeat a lot of my old ones. I kept my favourites but have a lot of new ones.

So far, I’ve booked:​

Sept 1 - Rose and Crown - Dinner
Sept 3 - Raglan Rd - Dinner
Sept 5 - 1900 PF - Breakfast
Sept 7 - Boma - Breakfast
Sci Fi - Dinner
Sept 8 - Skipper Canteen - Lunch
Sept 11 - Grand Floridian Cafe - Breakfast
Sept 12 - Coral Reef - Dinner

I’m probably going to change the Coral Reef reservation to another date. Usually I’m all over my ADRs but this time has been a struggle. I think It’s partly because I have to give up full control for some of these (if you’ve read previous entries, you’ll gather why), and also, I’m just a bit unsure. But hey, I’ll get through this! Bring on all the Disney food!

77AE99BC-14BE-4783-AD54-E82FC81D87BB.gif

Last edited:
Glad you were able to get everything you wanted!! 1900 Park Fare is something I'd love to try for dinner. We finally had breakfast there in 2016 on the morning of our vow renewal at the Grand Floridian :) It was beautiful and the characters made it so enjoyable!

Heyy :), great Pre trip report, I have PCOS and am allergic severely to coconut, a vegan and intolerant to gluten aha, disney are great with allergies though, not sure of your allergy but the gluten and dairy free waffles <3 x

Heyy :), great Pre trip report, I have PCOS and am allergic severely to coconut, a vegan and intolerant to gluten aha, disney are great with allergies though, not sure of your allergy but the gluten and dairy free waffles <3 x

Thank you and hiiiii!

I’m allergic to all nuts, especially peanuts, raw fruit and raw veg, with a mild allergy to soy and dairy.

Thank you and hiiiii!

I’m allergic to all nuts, especially peanuts, raw fruit and raw veg, with a mild allergy to soy and dairy.

Wow I avoid soy due to PCOS, glad I can have fruit and veg though! Do you have a peanut allergy on contact or just eating? My coconut one is bad with cross contamination and I know most peanut allergies are

Glad you were able to get everything you wanted!! 1900 Park Fare is something I'd love to try for dinner. We finally had breakfast there in 2016 on the morning of our vow renewal at the Grand Floridian :) It was beautiful and the characters made it so enjoyable!

I’m considering dinner too! If I go, I’ll let you know. I love the breakfast!

Wow I avoid soy due to PCOS, glad I can have fruit and veg though! Do you have a peanut allergy on contact or just eating? My coconut one is bad with cross contamination and I know most peanut allergies are
My allergy to nuts is both eating and contact. I miss my raw fruits and veg though!

FP Wants
I’m still working on scheduling (still waiting for September hours), but with some research and deep digging, I’ve set most of my days. For now, my FP wants are:

AK

• Flight of Pandora (this one is an absolute must - I'm not running for that!)​
    • Kilimanjaro Safaris​
    • EE (still debating as this does have single rider)​
    • FotLK
      tumblr_inline_obf207r7SG1qf1emz_540.gif

EP

• Soarin​
    • Test Track (again, another debatable one, due to it having single rider)​
    • Frozen (I can take it or leave it)​
    • Mission Space​

HS

• ToT​
    • Star Tours​

MK

• Jungle Cruise​
    • Splash​
    • BTMRR​
    • Mission Space​
    • FoF (debatable)​
    • SDMT (Debatable)​

In case you haven't gathered, I'm a planner. Lists, spreadsheets, notebooks, file folders, multi coloured pens, highlighters and more - you name it, I have it and use them. @ToffPrincess and I have discovered we are basically one in the same person when it comes to planning. We'll cover my nutty planning stuff in another post.

Coming up is the Must Do's and the Schedules! Oh, and a RL update too!

Continue

Last edited:

My Must Do Disney

Hi, my name is Stacey and this is Must Do Disney.

tumblr_inline_mnxt6uRz2W1qz4rgp.gif

If you fall for that! I have a must do list, as I’m sure everyone else does who is a repeat visitor to WDW.

My must do’s for this trip, as they are tradition now, are as follows.

Also. Every trip, I come up with a bucket list. It starts off on a scrap of paper, then gets written properly onto a fancier piece. It’s the only hand written thing I really do, aside from writing reservation numbers down and FP times. Everything else goes into binders, spreadsheets and more.

I’ll post the bucket list later on. I mainly make it in order to challenge myself to do new things because I’m a super shy individual and also, I usually find a new tradition in it each trip!

Rides and Shows
AK

EE
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Dinosaur
FotLK

EP
Test Track
Soarin’
Illuminations
SSE
The Aquarium (family tradition; we/I used/use this time to take a small rest and to reflect on things)

HS
Star Tours
Fantasmic (have to have that Fantastic dream!)

MK
Pirates
FoF
Fireworks
HM
IaSW
BTMRR
Splash
Railroad

Characters
The Fab 5
All of the Princesses
Chewbacca
Mary Poppins (because you know, nanny to nanny and I’m still slightly bitter Julie turned down a cameo in Mary Poppins Returns but I understand why)
tenor.gif

Peter Pan
Gaston

Photos
In front of Cindy’s castle
In front of SSE
With the Cigar Store Statue statue in MK (I’ve had my photo taken with him since we started going when I was a child; you can actually find the most recent photo of me and him in the who’s who post!)
Selfie Around the “World” (meaning World Showcase - a new tradition!)

Food
Mickey:
Pretzel
Premium Bar
Waffle
Pancake (when I was younger and we’d visit DL or WDW, I remember ordering pancakes and the 3 small pancakes would be put in the shape of Mickey’s head; they stopped this - either because I’m an adult (that’s up for debate) or they just don’t do it anymore; so when I order pancakes, I rearrange them into Mickey’s head myself)
Beignets
Meal at Rose and Crown (family tradition)
Ice Cream Cone from the shop at MK (family tradition)

Continue

Last edited:
Schedule

This is really the first time I’ve not had a set schedule planned so far in advance! Eeeep! So far, aside from my obvious ADRs, this is what is set up (so far! Things can change!):

Aug 21 - Arrival into Orlando; picked up by Poe
Aug 21 - Aug 30 - hang with Poe and her fam; we’ll be doing things such as visiting the Orlando Eye, Orlando Science Center and more
Aug 30 - Universal and IOA day (need my Harry Potter fix; MASSIVE fan here)
tumblr_inline_ogrn8cqpBV1u3dhg4_500.gif

Aug 31 - Hang with Poe; Girls day/night; start of F&W
Sept 1 - Check into POFQ; Possible EMH at AK; ADR at Rose and Crown
Sept 2 - HS EMH; Park hop
Sept 3 - AK EMH; Shop and Dinner at Raglan Road
Sept 4 - Epcot; considering moving Dinner at R&C here
Sept 5 - 1900 Park Fare Breakfast; MK day
Sept 6 - MNSSHP
Sept 7 - Breakfast at Boma; dinner at Sci Fi with Poe and fam
Sept 8 - Lunch at Skipper Canteen with Poe and fam
Sept 9 - Open
Sept 10 - AK EMH; 4 Parks, 1 Day challenge with @PrincessIndia
Sept 11 - Breakfast at GFC
Sept 12 - Dinner at Coral Reef
Sept 13 - Still Planning
Sept 14 - Same as the day before
Sept 15 - Poe comes to get me; check out day
Sept 16 - Return to Canada

Last edited:
Following along. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I also have used Disney as a form of healing, especially after my 3 miscarriages. <3 Looking forward to hearing more, and especially reading the report in a few months!

Welcome aboard! I am so sorry for your losses, and thank you for the kind words. I am glad I’m not alone in using Disney as healing.

I’ve got some updates soon!
Following along. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I also have used Disney as a form of healing, especially after my 3 miscarriages. <3 Looking forward to hearing more, and especially reading the report in a few months!

Real Life Update
Life got busy and will keep getting busier! It doesn’t seem like much has been going on, but I’m still wondering where the time has gone.

Aside from work, which I was off from for most of this week due to the kids being very ill (my bosses didn’t want me to get sick, because in their words, nanny down= family down), I’ve been purging and cleaning my apartment in prep for several weeks worth of visitors and also a giant move across the pond (I nearly put a Doctor Who ref in there... there’s still time and space to do it...).
giphy.gif

It doesn’t look like it but I actually accomplished quite a bit.

St Patrick’s Day, a group of us went to a famous Chinese restaurant in our town. The plates are huge, so we ended up ordering about 7 plates and sharing. EFD1857E-49E4-440A-B280-6BB442A93E04.jpeg
DF63838F-1D9D-49A4-B9E6-8454EF472ED0.jpeg
52BA2644-CBBA-4E7D-9625-527691513285.jpeg

Lots of girl movie outings too, including Love, Simon and Gnomeo Holmes.

I start Easter dinners today, beginning with dinner with my bff (Danielle), her mum and some friends.

Next weekend will be several more Easter events and more. One thing I’ve learned about basically really having no close by or living family is that you create your own new one and my new one is massive and I love it! I’m super lucky to have the friend fam that I do.

Last edited:
Travel Update

Long time; no updates! Life got in the way, but in awesome news, there are some trip updates.

Over Easter Weekend, Poe and I were talking when I got an email that my flight from NWK to MCO on Tuesday, Aug 21 had been rescheduled to leave earlier from NWK and arrive earlier into MCO.

Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but I’d be walking into arrivals at MCO just as Poe would be leaving to go get the girls from school. I started looking at other flights the next morning after oe and I were talking and noticed there was a direct flight on Sunday, Aug 19 from my hometown to MCO, and it was at an amazing time. I called Poe on FT and consulted; we agreed to just go and rebook. So I am now arriving 2 days earlier into Orlando!
giphy.gif

Not only am I getting in earlier, but I got a refund from the airline too.
giphy.gif

In other trip news, I’m going to the Sept 9 party of MNSSHP. Halloween is my absolute MOST favourite holiday.

Excitement is abound! It’s only April and I’ve already got plans a brewing in my head for a costume. I start planning NEXT Halloween on November 1. My friends start running in the other direction, I just love the holiday so much. Literally me on Halloween:
giphy.gif

I think it helps that I’ve spent the last 5 Halloween’s with my first nanny Family, so I still get to be a child There are a few choices for costumes. A couple you may have already picked up on, if you follow the theme of this PTR. We’ll see!

Continue

Last edited:
Oooooh, very exciting!!!!!! I love when Disney math allows me extra days no matter how I get them :)

As a kindergarten teacher, I absolutely love Halloween, too (well, the day after is sometimes rough, but we get by!) It's fun to still get away with acting like a child now and then.

AND a Greatest Showman inspired costume!? Eeep, can't wait!

Musicals are the bomb! My new Favorite movie is The Greatest Showman... I was hooked after the first 30 seconds! My husband took me to see Aladdin last weekend for a date night and it was fantastic!

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom. My Grandma (who raised me) also passed in her sleep, I'm just glad that she didn't suffer but I miss her every single day. Disney trips are the most therapeutic thing you can do for yourself. I feel like I leave all my worries behind and feel safe in my little bubble. ((If that makes sense))

Your trip sounds fantastic! I know you'll have a blast!

Final Update!
Well, very long time and no update. Why? Well.... in the span of just a few weeks, I left my job, packed up my entire life and moved to the UK. I’ve now been living here for a month and am happily in my new job. It hasn’t been easy but I’m here!

So what does that mean? It means that for now, my trip has been cancelled. Poe, Alex and I are going to try to get me over for next year, Sept or Oct. that being said, there is a potential trip forming... for Disneyland Paris!

Thank you all so much for following along! If you’re on instagram or Twitter, please join me at shakeygal. I’ll gladly follow back.

Keep your eyes open!

Wow! Lots of changes! But I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new job and surroundings. And I hope you get to Disneyland Paris soon! It's on my Disney Bucket List for sure. Wishing you the best in the UK!

Wow! Lots of changes! But I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new job and surroundings. And I hope you get to Disneyland Paris soon! It's on my Disney Bucket List for sure. Wishing you the best in the UK!
Thank you so much! So many changes, many of which happened quickly. It was all very last minute but here I am! I’m still finding my feet, but I love it. If you do make it to DLP, LET ME KNOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!