“Sold Out” Resort Incentives

Like @Cfabar1 said usually this is one of the most expensive ways to get points. Very rarely they'll have a deal that's actually somewhat reasonable compared to resale. The last decent ones being AKL for 140 something per point after MB for 200 and SSR for 140 something without but the SSR sale was overshadowed by VGF direct going for 161 after MB. I would just keep an eye here on the boards for sales on sold out resorts. Usually if the incentives aren't great, we're not talking about them on here. For CCV and BLT they're probably like 20 dollars per point off direct if that? But honestly not sure. Regardless, not worth picking direct over resale in this case.

Thanks for the replies. I figured there wasn’t a fire sale happening with no word on here. Just thought I’d ask and make sure I’m not missing anything. Going to visit the mouse pretty soon and check out some resorts while we’re there.

Thanks for the replies. I figured there wasn’t a fire sale happening with no word on here. Just thought I’d ask and make sure I’m not missing anything. Going to visit the mouse pretty soon and check out some resorts while we’re there.
Let us know how it goes!

As you should! If I were you I'd try to go for an actively selling resort if possible if looking to buy direct. That would entail taking a look at Riviera but also I would check out the upcoming Polynesian tower and Fort Wilderness since those will be the next couple of resorts to go on sale if you want to buy direct. If you're looking at a sold out resort I'd strongly consider resale. Some things to think about are which parks do you care about access to the most? Which one's theming do you prefer? Preference on modes of transportation? Restaurants? Layout of rooms? Pools? Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to check out Poly/FW but at least check out the grounds!

I have to admit the fort wilderness cabins are definitely on my mind currently. We’ve stayed a couple of times in the campground and love it there. Never been to wilderness lodge but we’re going to check it out on this trip.

I have to admit the fort wilderness cabins are definitely on my mind currently. We’ve stayed a couple of times in the campground and love it there. Never been to wilderness lodge but we’re going to check it out on this trip.
And thus begins the growing benefits of buying direct….

And thus begins the growing benefits of buying direct….
On the other hand, my wife and I were ready to buy direct for the first time, but GFV just sold out, and we’re not going to buy a restricted resort with an uncertain resale value 20 years down the line, so now we’ll likely just buy some BLT resale instead.

On the other hand, my wife and I were ready to buy direct for the first time, but GFV just sold out, and we’re not going to buy a restricted resort with an uncertain resale value 20 years down the line, so now we’ll likely just buy some BLT resale instead.
BLT and CCV are great values…. But if you want the new FW or RIV or DLH or whatever gem they are considering building right next to Epcot…. and in the future (including 2042 resorts)…. it’s making direct much more attractive than it was in pre-2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter